Melvins Videos Thread (and much more)

Started by norecess, July 26, 2007, 12:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fureon Nectarmoon

Quote from: Pringles on May 17, 2018, 11:33:05 PM
This video

Filmed May 15 in Toronto

https://youtu.be/lSmeBgVndHg
The big multiple-singers "choir" vocals were one of the coolest things about the Big Biz sound.
Glad to see them bring it in full force with JD and McDonald! :D
Pretty cool new muumuu too!  :)

amazonAMAZON

Yup, even though I've heard them a million times, I always look forward to "Let It All Be" and "Kicking Machine" anywhere in the setlist.

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

black stallion

Mount Ambulance

Quote from: black stallion on May 19, 2018, 11:52:59 AM
sounds great with double bass

yeah it does. one of the highlights of the show I saw for sure ...

I really wish they would play the 2nd half of that tune live tho ... 2nd half is so good ... wonder why they never have? This line up could really nail that I think
It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

Fureon Nectarmoon

Quote from: Mount Ambulance on May 19, 2018, 01:28:19 PM

yeah it does. one of the highlights of the show I saw for sure ...

I really wish they would play the 2nd half of that tune live tho ... 2nd half is so good ... wonder why they never have? This line up could really nail that I think
Amen. I've been saying that for years, and exactly, this lineup is perfect for it!

herb wilkinson

i bet it's a totally different song that they never named (or never gave the name out to) and just tacked it on to "let it all be" to piss nerds off

))))((((

I still can't really distinguish the two basses from one another. Although i guess there is a heavier, more substantial bass presence in the song with the two.

Quote from: Mount Ambulance on May 19, 2018, 01:28:19 PM
I really wish they would play the 2nd half of that tune live tho ... 2nd half is so good ... wonder why they never have?
I've heard the live renditions of 'Let It All Be' so many times that i always forget there actually IS a second half! Then i listen to The Bootlicker after a while and for a moment think to myself "what is this?".

Quote from: herb wilkinson on May 19, 2018, 09:12:18 PM
i bet it's a totally different song that they never named (or never gave the name out to) and just tacked it on
Never thought of that before. You could well be right too. I think quite a few Melvins songs sound like two different pieces combined together.

black stallion

Quote from: ))))(((( on May 20, 2018, 08:37:26 AM
I still can't really distinguish the two basses from one another. Although i guess there is a heavier, more substantial bass presence in the song with the two.

they do both the same part, sounds heavier though. as for the other songs and  from the videos i've seen so far, looks like Steven is the lead bass and Pinkus the rythm. like having two guitarists in the band. to be honest Steven does both of them sometime, being way more skilled and used to play with Buzz and Dale

vince furnier

i'm pumped to see Steven add some fx, lead parts, embellishments, etc. I saw a local band open for Whores and Helms Alee that had two bassists and they split the roles like that. it was tight.
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

black stallion

Quote from: vince furnier on May 20, 2018, 09:00:38 AM
i'm pumped to see Steven add some fx, lead parts, embellishments, etc. I saw a local band open for Whores and Helms Alee that had two bassists and they split the roles like that. it was tight.

Steven is great, there i said it!  :P

vince furnier

Quote from: black stallion on May 20, 2018, 09:29:24 AM

Steven is great, there i said it!  :P
:love:
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

))))((((

Quote from: black stallion on May 20, 2018, 08:44:29 AM
they do both the same part, sounds heavier though. as for the other songs and  from the videos i've seen so far, looks like Steven is the lead bass and Pinkus the rythm. like having two guitarists in the band. to be honest Steven does both of them sometime, being way more skilled and used to play with Buzz and Dale
I thought it was probably something like that. I still can't really tell but i think that's probably more to do with the recordings. Im waiting for some pro-footage from the tour to appear!!

i'm pumped to see Steven add some fx, lead parts, embellishments, etc.
Don't forget to add dancing and posing to his list of embellishments.

Quote from: black stallion on May 20, 2018, 09:29:24 AM
Steven is great, there i said it!
Arrest this man!!

black stallion

GrimReaper

https://youtu.be/eEUUyKj4nj8

Loved that tour and Bash 13. I had to Google I love Butt Drugs when I got home, and yes, Pinkus got me to thinking  :lol:.

https://www.buttdrugs.com/