No Mention of the Melvins, by a guy who owes them.

Started by GrimReaper, May 26, 2011, 12:31:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

(the) Razor

Quote from: black stallion on May 26, 2011, 09:03:18 AM
his job should be drumming,to shut up and just play a fucking kit

Too right. I'd like to see him get back to qotsa drumming or something at least, don't think the world needs more Foo Fighters.
Don't click this

>>>JZS<<<

Quote from: GrimReaper on May 27, 2011, 06:50:16 PM
Ontario Theater DC
Stranglers, Bad Brains, Black Market Baby.
Then a showing of Eraserhead.
Hit Little Tavern after that. Drove around awhile and hit  Montgomery doughnuts. Then went to school.

:lol: You're old......I miss those lil' tavern bugers.

FartLips

Quote from: streetwaves on May 27, 2011, 05:03:30 PM
that's too bad. That was my first punk/hardcore show. In the 80's, they were one of the most influential bands of their time, not to mention helping to smash the color barrier in the genre. I can understand some not getting why they were considered so big. There were a lot of other great bands at the same time. Bad Brains were just very popular and their live show was epic!

Because so many black punk bands followed? HR is a huge homophobe and has been very outspoken about how he feels about gays. How's that for breaking down barriers?
[/quote]gotta start somewhere. and as for hr, he's a nut to begin with, and a rasta, so whadya expect? now go blow some bubbles.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

TheLegitMan93

This is very true, but you cannot deny the awesomeness of such songs as "At the Movies", "Black Dots", "Don't Need It", "Banned in D.C.", and "Leaving Babylon". Not to mention they not only play hardcore but ALSO reggae, which is cool that they play two very different styles of music.

I mean, lots of people love GG Allin's music, but does that mean that everyone who listens to it is a murderer/rapist/coprophilliac? The answer is YES!

Candy Dazzle

Quote from: anaconda on May 27, 2011, 07:08:04 PM
Stranglers are/were a damn fine band that never got their due.

Bang on.......what ever happened to.....all the heroes?

Stranglers rule.