Ozma/Bullhead/Eggnog/Lice-All Vinyl Reissues

Started by hagus667, November 17, 2014, 01:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: anaconda on January 16, 2015, 09:55:05 AM
hmm, then it must be a case of differentiated art so as not to confuse the new release with the old?
Yep.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Bro Hammer

Quote from: #2 Pencil on January 16, 2015, 04:31:31 AM
Those that got to hear it or Naken Rob himself, is the quality any better?
I am lucky enough to have the originals and personally don't mind them on vinyl. Just want to know if it is really worth getting them again. Stag on the other hand. Well hopefully Third Man do sort that out as expected.

I'll be getting them someday regardless but I am very curious as to the sound of the remastered Bullhead.

maffymaff

I got these in the post this morning.
They were only posted out yesterday! The usual excellent service from Norman Records in the UK.

Not listened to them yet though, still waiting for permission off the boss to put them on!

camaroballa22

Amoeba.com

Get 15% off order with coupon code JAN1515H

Good UNTIL TODAY SUNDAY 1/18/15 AT MIDNIGHT

The new reissues cost 26.98 and media mail shipping is free over $50

And Amoeba uses lp mailers and stiffeners, they don't mess around. I have NO CLUE what amazon is gonna give you guys, those stupid hassle free lp boxes? I will NEVER order an lp from amazon again.

Just ordered both for $45.86

BEAT THAT.

YOU'RE WELCOME!

Can't wait for these!!!!!!

"Sweet Melinda, the peasants call her the goddess of gloom.
She speaks good English and she invites you up into her room."

DAYSTAR

Quote from: camaroballa22 on January 17, 2015, 11:40:54 PM
And Amoeba uses lp mailers and stiffeners, they don't mess around. I have NO CLUE what amazon is gonna give you guys, those stupid hassle free lp boxes? I will NEVER order an lp from amazon again.

Yup, I had pre-ordered the reissues from amazon but cancelled and ordered from somewhere else. The last two records I got from amazon were both damaged because of the hassle free mailer they use. The last one they gave me for free because I ended up being on the phone for over an hour trying to get them to ship a replacement and they couldn't because the computer wouldn't let them :? I also ordered a hardcover book from amazon recently that was put in an oversized box with no packing material and the dust cover was messed up by the time it got to me.

meezer

There's no doubt, any one of Amazon's hands doesn't know what its other five million hands are doing at any given time. Thanks for freaking me out guys. I'm sure mine will be just fine.  [-o<
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

>>>JZS<<<

Got both sets at my local record store for 23.99 each !!! ...thick slabs of vinyl, remastering is incredible, original inserts !!!

Celebrated Summer Records
3616 Falls Rd
Baltimore, Maryland
(443) 866-9988
Open
Today 11:00am - 6:00pm
http://www.celebratedsummerrecords.com/

meezer

Quote from: >>>JZS<<< on January 18, 2015, 10:31:56 AM
Got both sets at my local record store for 23.99 each !!! ...thick slabs of vinyl, remastering is incredible, original inserts !!!

Celebrated Summer Records
3616 Falls Rd
Baltimore, Maryland
(443) 866-9988
Open
Today 11:00am - 6:00pm
http://www.celebratedsummerrecords.com/
Can I get in and out without crossing paths with tha barksdale crew?
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

hagus667

Quote from: >>>JZS<<< on January 18, 2015, 10:31:56 AM
Got both sets at my local record store for 23.99 each !!! ...thick slabs of vinyl, remastering is incredible, original inserts

How are people getting them at record stores already? I thought the official release date was Tuesday?!
"I don't think I should be playing with these medium strings. I need light gauge if I'm gonna thrash!"

Herr Honky

De-lurking to ask a dumb question: are these Boner reissues limited at all? Done some searching but haven't found anything so I figured this would be the best place to ask. It doesn't look like it...but you never know with this band.

My local record shop is trying to get them in for me but hasn't confirmed yet...getting a bit antsy and afraid I'll miss out.

camaroballa22

If they want to make money I can't see them making them limited to 5000 or something like that.
I could definitely see these being repressed and made for the masses when their supply runs out.
"Sweet Melinda, the peasants call her the goddess of gloom.
She speaks good English and she invites you up into her room."

meezer

Just guessing here. Tom, Boner guy, has probably been waiting for this ship to come in for two plus decades. He would want to press as many as possible.

Herr Honky

Quote from: meezer on January 18, 2015, 02:05:09 PM
Just guessing here. Tom, Boner guy, has probably been waiting for this ship to come in for two plus decades. He would want to press as many as possible.

That was kinda my thoughts as well...someone else in this thread mentioned that Boner is starting to become active again so the $$$ that these reissues will bring in will go a long ways towards supporting that.

So can anyone who has their grubby hands on these comment on the "remastering"? Did they just make everything louder?

meezer

Quote from: Herr Honky on January 18, 2015, 02:22:53 PM
Quote from: meezer on January 18, 2015, 02:05:09 PM

That was kinda my thoughts as well...someone else in this thread mentioned that Boner is starting to become active again so the $$$ that these reissues will bring in will go a long ways towards supporting that.

So can anyone who has their grubby hands on these comment on the "remastering"? Did they just make everything louder?
Random guy on fb says yes. I asked specifically about Bullhead. He was never heard from again.  :-"

maffymaff

Quote from: Herr Honky on January 18, 2015, 02:22:53 PM

I've listened to Lysol and a quick flick through Bullhead and I'd say they've done a proper remastering rather than just making it louder. It seemed to me that the bass is a lot more in the mix on Lysol.