Euthanasia

Started by Helen83, January 31, 2018, 06:32:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lust

Hung Bunny and Charmicarmicat are more menacing, foreboding and terror inducing than Euthanasia if you ask me.
I'm just some punk teenager.

last.fm/user/qingyuuu

))))((((

I can think of a few Melvins songs that terrify me way more than Euthanasia. For example, those horrifying "comedy" tunes on Tres Cabrones are nightmare inducing!

(the) Razor

I think I prefer the DGFIS version after listening again a few times.

Just has that little bit more "venom" in it that seems to be missing from the slightly cleaner 2017 version. Both damn fine though as Coop would say.
Don't click this

DToxico

Quote from: (PAUL) on February 01, 2018, 02:16:46 PM
Quote from: johnnyg on February 01, 2018, 09:11:05 AM
Quote from: Helen83 on February 01, 2018, 03:38:16 AM
Mozart & Beethoven are sissies compared to Euthanasia riff.

Even the rest of the instruments in Euthanasia are sissies compared to the riff.

And what's up with it being on the new album when it is totally ancient?

There's an interview somewhere where they say they recorded it because there never was a proper studio version- only live versions. That seems like a very melvin-esque move to me, and i approve

I don't really know what they're talking about since the Dope Guns and Fucking in the Streets version is clearly a studio version, but hey the new recording kicks ass!

Sometimes Buzz's memory seems slightly off about some older material, since he's said himself he rarely goes back and revisits it. New version of the song is great either way, and I'm wondering if they're going to do this with more of the obscure EP tracks. Didn't someone say they re-did "With Yo Heart Not Yo Hands" in the studio recently?

I somehow had no idea the new album was going to have a new version of "Euthanasia" on it, and when I heard them start it live at the show I was at a few months before the album came out I almost crapped myself. Was not expecting to hear it at all.

johnnyg

Just spit balling here - but what if the Melvins did a whole album of re-recorded versions of their own songs... seems very melvins-esque to me.

Usually when a band does that, it comes off as weak- Johnny cash's silver album, Kiss' re-recordings, blondie's re-recordings... But once in a while, it yields an amazing, unique release- Dwarves - how to win friends; Johnny cash - American recordings...

GrimReaper

Suicidal Tendencies "Still Cyco After All These Years".  I didn't like.  My brother loved it, so I had to hear it more times than I wanted to.

))))((((

Quote from: DToxico on February 05, 2018, 07:36:34 AM
Didn't someone say they re-did "With Yo Heart Not Yo Hands" in the studio recently?
Yep. It happened. Same goes for 'Leech' too.

Quote from: johnnyg on February 05, 2018, 08:11:13 AM
what if the Melvins did a whole album of re-recorded versions of their own songs... seems very melvins-esque to me.
I'd definitely be down for that. I guess in some ways they have already done it in a sense with the 'Houdini Live' album (which although live does sound like a studio recording) plus those older songs on 'Electroretard' getting the update treatment.

(the) Razor

I'm down with that.....

As long as they re record Specimen. I mean to hear that drumming again on a good mix.... :shock:
Don't click this

black stallion

Quote from: ))))(((( on February 02, 2018, 01:58:21 AM
I can think of a few Melvins songs that terrify me way more than Euthanasia. For example, those horrifying "comedy" tunes on Tres Cabrones are nightmare inducing!

lol
Charmicarmicat:Bastards