Melvins Videos Thread (and much more)

Started by norecess, July 26, 2007, 12:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

))))((((

Quote from: deatheats on January 29, 2018, 03:44:59 PM
Is this the first time he's been back on stage with the fellas?
I think so yes.

BERZERKER

Quote from: aeustin on January 29, 2018, 07:04:06 AM
Quote from: black stallion on January 29, 2018, 01:33:13 AM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on January 28, 2018, 07:49:10 PM
I think I've solved it, there's this thing called time, and it ages people.

except Crover

Crover looked way older a few years ago when he was way heavier. Unlike most people, he actually looks younger thinner.

He does. He seems more fit than ever before in fact.

Bigval

Great to see Rutmanis back on stage with the Melvins even if only for one song. Until tonight I hadn't known this had happened and last night for some strange reason Melvins & Rutmanis popped into my head and I thought it's a bit sad going through all these different bass players in recent years and being back on good terms with him that they've never let him do a live show with them again let alone a tour and then 24 hours later find out this news  :)

John Schuller

Quote from: Bigval on January 30, 2018, 09:14:15 AM
Great to see Rutmanis back on stage with the Melvins even if only for one song. Until tonight I hadn't known this had happened and last night for some strange reason Melvins & Rutmanis popped into my head and I thought it's a bit sad going through all these different bass players in recent years and being back on good terms with him that they've never let him do a live show with them again let alone a tour and then 24 hours later find out this news  :)

I love that they still have a good relationship with Rutmanis and Mike Dillard. I wish wish wish wish the same were true with Joe, Lori, Matt and Mark - but you know, those days are so far in the past and everyone was younger then. I mean, I have an ex-bandmate that I will never ever talk to again (now a somewhat hip producer on the alternative and doom scenes), I really respect his work and thinks he is amazing at his craft. But as a human? Fuck that pile of shit. So with that, I can totally understand relationships souring.

lust

Quote from: sadcorps on January 30, 2018, 09:26:05 AM

I love that they still have a good relationship with Rutmanis and Mike Dillard. I wish wish wish wish the same were true with Joe, Lori, Matt and Mark - but you know, those days are so far in the past and everyone was younger then. I mean, I have an ex-bandmate that I will never ever talk to again (now a somewhat hip producer on the alternative and doom scenes), I really respect his work and thinks he is amazing at his craft. But as a human? Fuck that pile of shit. So with that, I can totally understand relationships souring.

I don't think there is bad blood with Mark. I listened to a podcast with Mark recently and he was happy to talk about them and the time he spent with them.
I'm just some punk teenager.

last.fm/user/qingyuuu

John Schuller

Quote from: lust on February 01, 2018, 03:13:38 PM

I don't think there is bad blood with Mark. I listened to a podcast with Mark recently and he was happy to talk about them and the time he spent with them.

I would love to listen. What was the podcast? I just pre-ordered his "The Silent Treatment" album on vinyl  - cannot wait! I love that album.

meezer

Mark declined to participate in the COD doc, but tags his stuff as Melvins related, so he seems to be playing both sides. I don't really care either way. Imo, he's making music that's just as good as theirs, so more for me.
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

dirtmerchant

Quote from: sadcorps on February 01, 2018, 04:47:32 PM

I would love to listen. What was the podcast? I just pre-ordered his "The Silent Treatment" album on vinyl  - cannot wait! I love that album.

Diane's kamikaze fun Machine.

Fureon Nectarmoon

Unfortunately there seems to be. As happy as he can be talking about the good times, he no longer considers them friends, has some preconceptions about what they did, but it seems neither side can be bothered to talk it out and reconcile :(
Here are a couple of snippets from relatively recent interviews...

Mark Deutrom's Jazzy New Band, Bellringer, Proves That There's Life After The Melvins

Vice: You mention Third Man as a model of a label doing interesting things. Jack White has that studio where people come through and record, and he's also doing vinyl reissues for Melvins albums like Stoner Witch and Stag. Amphetamine Reptile did the same for a reissue of Prick. Do you have any involvement in this stuff, or is it pretty hands-off at this point?

Mark D: In a word, no. I have nothing to do with that. But the work stands for itself. Without getting into personal details, I still have some sadness about losing them as friends. I worked with them for twelve years on and off. It's nice for [these albums] to come back. The longest it goes, the better its stature. The stuff we did was really cool, and it continues to influence people. I'm still amazed by people I work with as a producer who are like, wow this record blew my mind when I was twelve years old. That's cool that it stands the test of time.

Popdose Profile: Buzz Osborne — A Walk With Melvin

"Our history is complicated," said Deutrom, who produced Ozma and did live sound for the band in 1990 and 1991 before joining on the four-string around 1994. "I was personally never signed [to Atlantic]. It was always Buzz and Dale. I stopped asking for that because I came to the realization I was disposable after I asked for the fourth or fifth time and got shrugged off."

"That is crazy – that's all his shit," Osborne retorted. "If he wants to look at it and think he's disposable, that's an easy way of not looking in the mirror. Disposable. Well, Kevin Rutmanis doesn't look it at it that way .... As far as disposable goes, that's insulting to the people we play with."

John Schuller

Quote from: dirtmerchant on February 02, 2018, 02:09:06 AM
Quote from: sadcorps on February 01, 2018, 04:47:32 PM

Diane's kamikaze fun Machine.

Thanks!

PepsiMike

Quote from: Fureon Nectarmoon on February 02, 2018, 03:44:02 AM

"That is crazy – that's all his shit," Osborne retorted. "If he wants to look at it and think he's disposable, that's an easy way of not looking in the mirror. Disposable. Well, Kevin Rutmanis doesn't look it at it that way .... As far as disposable goes, that's insulting to the people we play with."
Buzz sounds too defensive.

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

PepsiMike

DeVito needs to get the Melvins an appearance on sunny in Philadelphia.

Oscar

Quote from: PepsiMike on February 28, 2018, 05:53:33 PM
DeVito needs to get the Melvins an appearance on sunny in Philadelphia.

I see what you mean but no. Sunny is a self-contained organism to me, it works best with as little outside input as possible.