Chicken Switch

Started by backstard, September 20, 2009, 10:09:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrickHonky

Quote from: >>>JZS<<< on September 27, 2009, 07:14:33 PM
Quote from: PrickHonky on September 27, 2009, 04:16:03 PM
Quote from: Buick on September 27, 2009, 03:02:19 PM

Satriani does not look well at all.
Your in trouble when Michael Anthony is the best looking guy in your band.

is it just me, or does "Satch" look like he has been in chemo?
What would a woman that fine want in a big, fat, nasty, greasy, fat, stank, bloated, cheesy-backed, 12-sandwich-eatin' bastard?

Turn around mister, and never trust a girl giving her donuts away for free.

EmDee

vice declared: "Like a lot of The Melvins

ManWithNoName

Buick GN

Prolly won't purchase it.

There are several Melvins' releases that I don't own, or have even heard.

I've never purchased/thieved any type of music off of the webz    [download? - dunno how to  :lol:]

norecess

kingnimrod, what is your least favorite melvins release? were you ever disappointed by the melvins?

Quote from: kingnimrod on September 29, 2009, 11:14:29 AM
Just checked MELVINS.COM - there's a free "bonus" remix up there by someone called HIRO NOODLES.

cheers!

glen

its pretty cool.   growing on me.  the more I hear these tracks the more I pick out MELVINS songs.

but a few noises I put to nothing I've ever heard on any MELVINS release.

it'd be dissapointed to find out that someone used something other than the material given to them.  a few of the vocal samples....  I recognize not.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

glen

Quote from: kingnimrod on September 29, 2009, 01:20:37 PM
"Don't Breathe" didn't click for me. I didn't buy the other one.

check it.  its better.     more MELVINSy.

kingnimrod. 
*searches for a suspicious emoticon followed by a LOL'er*
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.

norecess

Quote from: kingnimrod on September 29, 2009, 01:20:37 PM
but "Don't Breathe" didn't click for me. I didn't buy the other one.

'never' breathe? j/k..

i really like that bonus track. its more of a 'collage', which is what i had hoped for.

PrickHonky

Just picked this up a little while ago, so I am quite happy to finally have it. Although I am only on the 2nd song, I have a feeling the rest will be just as great. The beginning of Christoph Heemann's track sounds a lot like the beginning to They Must All Be Slaughtered from Honky. Just started playing V/Vm's track and I really dig it too. I know basically nothing about "noise" music and remixes in general but so far this has surpassed my expectations. Now I can only hope a vinyl version is on its way soon
What would a woman that fine want in a big, fat, nasty, greasy, fat, stank, bloated, cheesy-backed, 12-sandwich-eatin' bastard?

glen

Quote from: PrickHonky on September 29, 2009, 06:27:28 PM
The beginning of Christoph Heemann's track sounds a lot like the beginning to They Must All Be Slaughtered from Honky.

:?
ya think?

sorry.  that sarcastic quip wasn't really necessary.

heres my question:  did pretty much every remixer feel it necessary to add that complete fuzz distortion sound to their track?  you know what I mean.  the part where it could be any number of instruments but the distortion is bottomed right out so it just kinda goes "KKKKKKKK!!"
*and while he makes his K's he brings up phlem from his throat*

>>>JZS<<<

About half way through listening to it. So far my favorites are Eye & Matmos.

rictus

They didn't have it at my local mega-entertainment-chain-superstore. They had Houdini though.

PrickHonky

so far, I think this will be getting lots of heavy rotation in my cd player. This is kind of what I would like to hear on the next Melvins studio album; lots of "noise/experimentation" along with their normal, heavy as donkey balls stuff.

molotov

I'm listening this right now...
So, what can I say? Tracks #1, 5, 7, 9, 13 are good.

glen

Quote from: molotov on October 01, 2009, 05:11:33 AM

So, what can I say? Tracks #1, 5, 7, 9, 13 are good.

13.   overgoat.  its a beautiful thing.

you should consider adding track 11 to that list as well molo.  :D