Chicken Switch

Started by backstard, September 20, 2009, 10:09:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

backstard

What do you think?

Haven't seen any track by track accounts of the CD yet, and I won't be downloading before I buy the CD.

rhett E rock

well it's a first.  the Melvins have let me down.  i hope the version i downloaded is a joke because it fucking SUCKS.  there's 4, maybe 5 good tracks on the whole thing.  the rest sounds like the Melvins trying to be Girl Talk.  

the only tracks i found worthwhile (worthwhile?  they actually kick ass!) were the remixes by Matmos, Panacea, Sunroof!, and Kawabata Makoto does this painfully crazy remix of Dr. Geek.  there's a couple others that would be really cool if it weren't for the shitty rapping.  i hate to say it but i'm glad i didn't buy this because i would have been pissed off.  easily my least favorite Melvins record.  

rhett E rock

PrickHonky

The only track I have heard off this is the Lee Ranaldo remix of Eggnog which wasn't too bad I guess. I don't know what remixes generally sound like because I stay away from them for the most part, but a Melvins remix is a must. :toke:
What would a woman that fine want in a big, fat, nasty, greasy, fat, stank, bloated, cheesy-backed, 12-sandwich-eatin' bastard?

Turn around mister, and never trust a girl giving her donuts away for free.

blewis

I like noise rock and I love Melvins....
but I do not like Melvins being remixed into rock-less noise.

It's got it's moments.
The cover is cool...

It does say Melvins on it.

other than that, eh..
The one and only....

Buick GN

This reminds me of Sammy Hagar, always.

blewis

Quote from: blewis on September 20, 2009, 02:36:24 PM
I like noise rock and I love Melvins....
but I do not like Melvins being remixed into rock-less noise.

It's got it's moments.
The cover is cool...

It does say Melvins on it.

other than that, eh..

This is actually growing on me.
It's a "headphones" album.
The one and only....

Green Honey

Some okay tracks. I'll leave it at that.

Green Honey

Quote from: Green Honey on September 21, 2009, 03:47:23 PM
Some okay tracks. I'll leave it at that.

I'm going to give it a bit more chance, though. Especially as I just found out my (cordless) headphones weren't tuned in properly. duh.

I am the Sun

I've heard it about 3 times now. I really like it but I don't think it's going to appeal to anyone that doesn't already like noise music. There's some tracks that stand out more than others but I think it works best to just listen to the album in one sitting, since it's really a gigantic sound collage.

PrickHonky

What would a woman that fine want in a big, fat, nasty, greasy, fat, stank, bloated, cheesy-backed, 12-sandwich-eatin' bastard?

Turn around mister, and never trust a girl giving her donuts away for free.

>>>JZS<<<

Quote from: PrickHonky on September 27, 2009, 04:16:03 PM
Quote from: Buick on September 27, 2009, 03:02:19 PM

Satriani does not look well at all.
Your in trouble when Michael Anthony is the best looking guy in your band.

Buick GN