Melvins Go All Dub Reggae On Our Ass!!!

Started by Ministry Fiend, January 14, 2009, 08:13:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ministry Fiend

I've said this before and I'll say it again........Melvins should make a bad-ass Dub Reggae album Melvins stylee!

They should record some rock fuckin solid riddims and give the masters to the legendary Scientist to Dub up inna dee studio as Lee Perry is too old.

Example............here is Scientist stealing the keys to King Tubby's echo chamber and Dubbing Jackie Mittoo's "Drum Song" with Sly & Robbie on the rock fuckin solid riddim section!!!! (Play LOUD!!!!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2tFIUXbzUE

Now imagine if you will.......... Jared, Cody & Dale nailing some heavy as fuck stripped to the bone riddimz with a few funky skankin riffs here and there from Buzzo followed up by a good going over by Scientist!!!!!

DEVASTATING!!!!!!!!!!!

glen

are we talking about the same band?

its MELVINS, MELVINS.   M, E, L, V, I, N, S.
this site is themelvins.net.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Ministry Fiend

Quote from: glen on January 14, 2009, 08:49:27 AM
are we talking about the same band?

its MELVINS, MELVINS.   M, E, L, V, I, N, S.
this site is themelvins.net.

Well that's what people said about Godflesh. They said to me "Fiend....this is Godflesh...G.O.D.F.L.E.S.H".....and I said....."yeah and Justin Broadrick isn't a pussy......only pussy's DON'T release Dub albums".....and no longer than a few months later we had Godflesh "Songs Of Love & Hate In Dub". 

Now if Buzzo, Dale & co aren't pussies they'll release a killer Dub album (Bootlicker was close although the bass wasn't PHATT enough and there was no reverb and echo action)..............if they ARE pussies they won't release a killer Dub album.

Anyone here that would prefer Melvins not to release a Dub album is obviously a raging cracker ass cracker closet homosexual with waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many Iron Maiden, Metallica & Nirvana albums.

Smoghler

Quote from: Ministry Fiend on January 14, 2009, 09:32:00 AM
a raging cracker ass cracker closet homosexual with waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many Iron Maiden, Metallica & Nirvana albums.

And what's wrong with that?
"They were playing guitars and getting loud and they spilled beer on Jesus" (Daniel Johnston)

Ministry Fiend

Quote from: cheeseburger on January 14, 2009, 09:17:14 AM
hope you die :wink:

You son of a bitch. This is a Dub Reggae thread and as such it is strictly good vibes stylee ya radge!

Now go kill yourself by eating some dirty rubber gloves out of a public trash can honky! :cheers:

Ministry Fiend

Quote from: Smoghler on January 14, 2009, 09:35:37 AM
a raging cracker ass cracker closet homosexual with waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many Iron Maiden, Metallica & Nirvana albums.

And what's wrong with that?

Honkys and gays are cool but Iron Maiden, Metallica & Nirvana are SHITE!!!!!!

I hope this helps.

glen

Anyone here that would prefer Melvins not to release a Dub album is obviously a raging cracker ass cracker closet homosexual with waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many Iron Maiden, Metallica & Nirvana albums.

not trying to pick on you or anything there fiendy.    just trying to give you a little tip.
this stuff is going to wear thin with alot of folks here.      do I think you care? likely not.
but I just want to warn you of the already starting snowball affect against you.

PS: any chance we can NOT turn this into another exchange of hard to decipher insults?
      *clicker on "lock" button*
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Ministry Fiend

Quote from: glen on January 14, 2009, 09:40:44 AM

not trying to pick on you or anything there fiendy.    just trying to give you a little tip.
this stuff is going to wear thin with alot of folks here.      do I think you care? likely not.
but I just want to warn you of the already starting snowball affect against you.

PS: any chance we can NOT turn this into another exchange of hard to decipher insults?     

I find the hard to decipher ones hurt the least glen...... and believe it or not I do care about all of the folks here.......except that jzacs71 and Fantomas trumpet.

Thanks for the tip though glen, i'll keep it in mind..........but if you take the time to look at my threads, you'll see I've been provoked by nasty and hurtful posts each time. :-({|=

And anyway I stand by my starting post.....Melvins should make a kick ass Dub album. Doing so will make them the coolest band ever by default.

Rev. Mike

I hate how fans of dub think that everything and everyone would sound better dubbed out.  Would Melvins, maybe?  Is it going to happen unless someone else beside the band does it on their own?  Probably not.  So either put up by "versioning" Melvins yourself or shut up.  Bloodclot!

Chomas

I love the Melvins, and I love Dub too but..........

wait for it.....

NO.

violent office

The Melvins pretty much already did this.
It was called "The Bootlicker".

Ministry Fiend

Quote from: Rev. Mike on January 14, 2009, 10:32:24 AM
  So either put up by "versioning" Melvins yourself or shut up.  Bloodclot!

Interesting. I now have a dream to make come true. Thanks a bunch Rev!! Bum-ba-clot!!!

FantomasSF

Damn fiend all you do is start shit, and your still throwing Jzacs71 zand myself under the bus after your shitty Manuresalt thread was put on lockdown. You sure you werent sent here from the Kenny G bulletin board to mess with us.
"He had to switch to gin cuz Jagermeister gave him the shakes"

>>>JZS<<<

Quote from: Ministry Fiend on January 14, 2009, 08:13:58 AM
I've said this before and I'll say it again........Melvins should make a bad-ass Dub Reggae album Melvins stylee!

They should record some rock fuckin solid riddims and give the masters to the legendary Scientist to Dub up inna dee studio as Lee Perry is too old.

Example............here is Scientist stealing the keys to King Tubby's echo chamber and Dubbing Jackie Mittoo's "Drum Song" with Sly & Robbie on the rock fuckin solid riddim section!!!! (Play LOUD!!!!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2tFIUXbzUE

Now imagine if you will.......... Jared, Cody & Dale nailing some heavy as fuck stripped to the bone riddimz with a few funky skankin riffs here and there from Buzzo followed up by a good going over by Scientist!!!!!

DEVASTATING!!!!!!!!!!!

That sounds like a great idea, I love you Ministry Fiend.