Melvins/Steel Pole Bathtub split

Started by SCORBER23, December 30, 2008, 01:53:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCORBER23

I thought I would just add this to the list here...  if anyone is wondering about this record I highly recommend getting a copy.. I've seen it on Ebay quite frequently in the last year or so. I have the 12" version on green wax.. I see more of the 7" version on Ebay   It is a great record... the Melvins blaze a sick version of Mudhoney's "sweet young thing ain't sweet no more"   perfect Mudhoney song for Melvins to cover, slow and thick sounding. I really love this version.. I usually play it about 3 times in a row before flipping and it helps if you are able turn it up really loud. The other side is Steel pole Bathtub doing a Sonic Youth cover.. I Dreamed, I Dream     this sounds really good too..  the bass sounds like some giant cables grinding..  it's rad.  I love this record. I have been collecting Melvins records since about 89-90 and I never saw this anywhere for sale back when it came out.  I knew about it for years but never really tried to get it until last year when I stumbled upon a almost mint copy of the 12" version at this little record store,  the dude didn't really know about it and I think I paid like 12 bucks or something. I am really happy to finally get it and I wonder how I slept on it all these years.
MELVINS KILL

homeless_dad

I am looking for this little slice of heaven.  Anyone willing to sell or trade their copy?

Is Ian back yet??

Der L

Did they ever play Sweet Young Thing live?

z

Quote from: homeless_dad on January 10, 2014, 10:22:55 PM
I am looking for this little slice of heaven.  Anyone willing to sell or trade their copy?
there are copies for sale on discogs.com, starting at $28 + shipping

http://www.discogs.com/marketplace?master_id=105558&ev=mb

Dan_Halen

This record is great. I just scored a green 12". I thought I had purchased the 45 but it was the 12". I guess the 12"ones are the Tupelo UK 12" pressings.
Los ticka toe rest

jules

I've just been chatting with someone who worked in a record shop around the time the 12" was released (1990). He says there "were TONS of these that were warped and got sent back, I mean REALLY warped. You couldn't play them."

Does anybody remember buying theirs new and having to send it back?