1996 "The Bit" Promo Album (Single) -- Atlantic Records.

Started by NirvanaCobain92x, August 18, 2012, 05:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NirvanaCobain92x

I was at my local thrift store a few months ago and was browsing through the cds...i happend to find a Melvins Cd titled "The Bit". I did some research and found that it was a Promo CD and wasn't released in stores only to Radio stations. As i continued i found that this CD is no longer being made and is selling for as much as $40.00 on ebay with the original case, sleeve, etc. (which i have). I also plan on attending the Melvins World Record tour on Sept 28th in Burlington, VT to have it signed. Would someone be able to give me an approx. estimate on how much it would be worth if i had Buzz, Dale, and Trevor Dunn signed it...or how much a melvins fan would pay for it?

T.Y.

jules

Quote from: NirvanaCobain92x on August 18, 2012, 05:38:40 AM
I was at my local thrift store a few months ago and was browsing through the cds...i happend to find a Melvins Cd titled "The Bit". I did some research and found that it was a Promo CD and wasn't released in stores only to Radio stations. As i continued i found that this CD is no longer being made and is selling for as much as $40.00 on ebay with the original case, sleeve, etc. (which i have). I also plan on attending the Melvins World Record tour on Sept 28th in Burlington, VT to have it signed. Would someone be able to give me an approx. estimate on how much it would be worth if i had Buzz, Dale, and Trevor Dunn signed it...or how much a melvins fan would pay for it?

T.Y.
Hi. I'd say $10 - $15 would be the average you'd be expected to pay on eBay for this unsigned. $40 seems a bit steep to me. I don't know what the others think. (There's one on Discogs at the moment for $40)

I think if you had it signed, someone somewhere would pay loads for it, but nothing on eBay's guaranteed! $50 signed? I don't know.......

There are quite a lot of these promo CD singles appearing on eBay all the time. Hooch, Honey Bucket, Lizzy, Queen, Revolve, Bar-X and The Bit are the ones you see the most. Some have plain white 'sleeves', some are coloured.

http://www.themelvins.net/wiki/index.php?title=Melvins_Discography#Singles

anaconda

It's worth whatever the highest bidder is willing to pay.

Dan_Halen

I'd be more concerned about having your mind blown on 9/28 by the awesomeness that is The Melvins Lite!!! Often times things you look up on ebay don't end up selling for near what you hope they will. Good luck, but what I really hope is that you love the live show.
Los ticka toe rest

NirvanaCobain92x

Quote from: Dan_Halen on August 18, 2012, 08:51:52 AM
I'd be more concerned about having your mind blown on 9/28 by the awesomeness that is The Melvins Lite!!! Often times things you look up on ebay don't end up selling for near what you hope they will. Good luck, but what I really hope is that you love the live show.

Oh hell ya...i wouldnt miss this show for the world....its the first time the melvins have come to Vermont (at least since ive been alive (1992)) and considering that i am 1 of only like 3 people in my state that is a true grunge fan...plus with buzz taking kurt to his first concert, and dale being in nirvana (aka fecal matter back then)....theres no way i will miss this once in a lifetime oppertunity.

(PAUL)

Why would you want Trevor to sign it? If you want him to sign something I'd pick up a copy of Freak Puke on vinyl and have him sign that.
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

anaconda

Ya, that threw me as well. Why not take a Bungle CD for him to sign.

NirvanaCobain92x

Quote from: (PAUL) on August 23, 2012, 12:05:00 AM
Why would you want Trevor to sign it? If you want him to sign something I'd pick up a copy of Freak Puke on vinyl and have him sign that.

well i mean...its a promo album that is discontinued (with few left from what ive read online), its the first time the melvins lineup has been to Vermont ever (that i can remember), and its a tour to attempt a World Record...why not have trevor sign it?

dead mike

Quote from: (PAUL) on August 23, 2012, 12:05:00 AM
Hahaha

Can you all shut your damn cocks for one second? Music is the only thing that's real in this queef world of dildo ass chodes.

- hemispheres