atp 25-27 may 2012 curated by atp +mogwai (melvins, slayer, sleep...)

Started by norecess, November 09, 2011, 10:46:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hortense

Did any of you lucky blokes attend both days and see Dirty Three's set?  If so, I would be interested in hearing your thoughts about it.

tinnitus photo

Quote from: Hortense on June 02, 2012, 04:09:37 PM
Did any of you lucky blokes attend both days and see Dirty Three's set?  If so, I would be interested in hearing your thoughts about it.

it was incredible, the highlight of day 2 for me.

i didn't get a copy of the new record, but after hearing that, i need to.

Hortense

Quote from: tinnitus photo on June 02, 2012, 11:29:37 PM

Did you take any photographs of Dirty Three?  I think your photography is excellent and I would LOVE to see any pictures you got from that set. 

BuffaloSmashFace

The Three were indeed awesome, as was Warren's crowd interaction through out. Floor and Harvey Milk were also ace I thougt.

I have a bootleg of Sleep's set if anyone wants it (PM me)

tinnitus photo

Quote from: Hortense on June 03, 2012, 11:35:37 AM
Quote from: tinnitus photo on June 02, 2012, 11:29:37 PM

Did you take any photographs of Dirty Three?  I think your photography is excellent and I would LOVE to see any pictures you got from that set.

thank you. my photos are done, but i gotta do the review...here's a couple of sneak previews

Illusionator

^ Top one of Warren is your best yet Tinn. Talent man, nice.

Hortense

Tinnitus,

These are just great.  Thank you so much for sharing.  I look forward to any others you may post. 

Sincerely,
Hort :D

Stass

From what I saw of The Melvins they were good. Unfortunately, due to a delay in my flight from Dublin, a delay in my train to the venue, and met with a long queue that I spent over an hour in, just to get inside (as I was told beforehand tickets could not be posted to Ireland, of all places that tickets can't be sent to), I ended up missing over half of their set. I'm sure the other bands were good also, but given the amount of hassle just to see the one band I came to see, it was a waste of time.

Oh well, better next time. :/

Lunica

Damn, we were also standing in line while hearing the melvins play.. we only made it to the last couple of songs.. because of a crap hotel though! we even lost out on slayer.
i don't have a square to spare. can't spare a square.

tinnitus photo

the Celtics prevented me from completing my review...it'll be done tonight.