(the) Melvins - Tarantula Heart

Started by rimb, February 06, 2024, 04:50:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nizamark

sounds great. 

bummer that we won't be getting a full tour any time soon to support it.

rimb

Sounds like Dale is well enough to play and tour but won't be in Australia due to how early they had to apply for visas (per latest Vinyl Guide podcast interview).

Bigval

Quote from: rimb on February 06, 2024, 06:14:00 PM
Sounds like Dale is well enough to play and tour but won't be in Australia due to how early they had to apply for visas (per latest Vinyl Guide podcast interview).

What about the Melvins headline shows in Japan after that where they're playing Bad Mood Rising in full?

Still crossing my fingers BMR gets added to Bandcamp one day so I can finally get it.

crushr24

King Buzzo rips off AI.  That's so punk rock!

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money
trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and
pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.
There's also a negative side."

― Hunter S. Thompson

rimb

Quote from: Bigval on February 06, 2024, 06:35:54 PM

What about the Melvins headline shows in Japan after that where they're playing Bad Mood Rising in full?

Still crossing my fingers BMR gets added to Bandcamp one day so I can finally get it.

No, he's not going to Japan either for the same reason.

))))((((

One of the cool things about new Melvins albums is how - as a fan - they always seem to integrate into my life. Like with each album i look back at it and think of my life at the time. Melvins been pretty prolific really helps to cement these different eras. The record has only just been announced and yet i am excited to think about how i will look back at 2024 in years to come and think about Tarantula Heart and my experiences at the time. I just hope they play some of the material live at some point.

Quote from: crushr24 on February 06, 2024, 06:53:27 PM
King Buzzo rips off AI.  That's so punk rock!
I'm not too sure - at present - what to think about the process on this album. It's worked on the preview song yet even there some parts of the drumming don't really seem to match up too well with the song. By that i mean, i can imagine if the song had been fully pre-planned and recorded as a regular composition, that Dale would have mixed up the beats more. Placed greater emphasis on some parts as opposed to others. Yet in Working The Ditch it all just seems kinda the same thing. A drum jam without much variation. I wonder how that will play out with the other songs on the album. Surely the rest can't be the same sort of thing. Although i guess some of that awkwardness is the inclusion of Roy who definitely seems to be a much more straight ahead and standard drummer than Dale.

jack5990

Has it been confirmed that Coady is touring for the Melvins/Bungle show in Australia?
Boris knows and Boris likes it all

rimb

Quote from: jack5990 on February 06, 2024, 07:57:29 PM

Has it been confirmed that Coady is touring for the Melvins/Bungle show in Australia?

Yes, it has

Bigval

I must've missed that news too thanks rimb.

Re: Working the Ditch I think the song is alright but I've always had a bug bear about bands video clips mimicking the title of the song. I just would've preferred the video being anything other than literally digging ditches.

the bloat

Which variant do you think will have lower quantities? The Indie vinyl or the Ipecac vinyl? I personally think the Ipecac one looks cooler than the silver

rimb

Quote from: the bloat on February 06, 2024, 09:28:34 PM
Which variant do you think will have lower quantities? The Indie vinyl or the Ipecac vinyl? I personally think the Ipecac one looks cooler than the silver

The puke green is limited to 1000 copies apparently.  The silver one will be widely available as it's going to indie stores around the world.

Stonergrunge

Quote from: rimb on February 06, 2024, 10:40:50 PM
Quote from: the bloat on February 06, 2024, 09:28:34 PM

The puke green is limited to 1000 copies apparently.  The silver one will be widely available as it's going to indie stores around the world.

I still have my doubts about the quality control of Ipecac vinyls... if I'm not mistaken there were problems with previous albums being warped, although the puke edition sure looks cool.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

Von_Grip

"im ol' south!"

Von_Grip

p psyched on this almost 20 min intro track, especially w additional musicians ie roy mayorga and gary chester- i usually dont order so early on these ipecac releases,
but for some reason on this i did so almost instantly haha
"im ol' south!"

Von_Grip

.. looks like the puke green version is sold out through blixt/ipecac webstore and whatever allotment they had, but its still available on their bandcamp, at least for now

https://melvinsofficial.bandcamp.com/album/tarantula-heart
"im ol' south!"