HAZE XXL interviewed on Jekyll and Hyde

Started by Oscar, January 27, 2013, 10:57:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

(the) flutter nuts

Quote from: JUDY on February 20, 2013, 11:26:32 AM
^ yesh  :D

Found myself at Grumpy's last week and this time around had the pleasure of meeting Tom. Really nice guy. Got to look around his studio a bit, and saw some of the linos that he's currently working on. Walls were plastered with past works -- it was a real treat to see some of the fine detail in these blocks up close and in person. I was just in awe... Wanted to take a photo or two but felt awkward asking. Looking back on the moment, I'm certain he wouldn't have minded at all.

I got to hear him tell a funny story that might be worth sharing :

So there was one Ebay user in particular that has been taken care of , so to speak. :lol: Dude was buying max quantities from SHOXOP under various names and addresses and putting them up on Ebay at ridiculous rates shortly after the products were sold out--before even receiving them, too. Goes by the name recordflipper, and I know most of you have seen it. Anyway, after spotting the listings, Tom and his assistant bought all of the products back, and put an auto-block on the names and addresses they were delivered from. Busted. Thought that was beyond awesome. Had a good laugh, then I went inside the bar and had a beer.  Good times  8)

Thanks for sharing that story JUDY, awesome!!!
I got the shits real bad.

Dan_Halen

That is the best story ever. Tom Hazelmyer is my hero!!! I wonder if some of the copies they sold a few days ago in the SHOXOP were from those purchases?  They had a crazy amount of Melvins things for sale. AmRep guys are cool, I don't know of any other record label that would ever do that! So Judy, did you have a Grumpy Burger while you were there or just the beer?
Los ticka toe rest

JUDY

Haha yep, that Mr. Haze seems to be quite the character. Really nice and mellow towards me, actually, but I still got the impression that he's not the type of guy who's feathers you wanna ruffle, if you know what I mean. He was puffin on a sailor's pipe the whole time, and had Popeye type forearms made for cutting those heavy grey linos.

Didn't have a Grumpy's burger. I have yet to try any of the food there but I hear it's pretty good for bar grub.
I happily consumed two Minnesnowta brewed Surly Benders and hit the road for more adventures.

Anyway, yeah I think it was super cool of them to do that. It's really nice knowing they'd go that extra mile, ya know?

:D

Godflesh

Quote from: JUDY on February 20, 2013, 11:38:40 PM

Anyway, yeah I think it was super cool of them to do that. It's really nice knowing they'd go that extra mile, ya know?

:D

Oh yes, that was one of the best and funniest things I've heard in a lo-ong time.

To me, AmRep is only the second label that I know that really reaches out for the customer/fan, does close co-operation with the band, does really special collectible high quality releases, and all these family values you know...

Thank you AmRep   :cheers:  :love:
--- Heavy user ---

Godflesh

Well, AmRep came first.
But the other label is the rather new non-profit label Blood Music. Although they can't make money, they have to raise it from sales to make new deals.

Haven't been too impressed with the labels in general. There's always something. Often it's the artist also who gets the wrong end of the stick/contract.
--- Heavy user ---

Yanayaya

^ yesh  :D

Goes by the name recordflipper, and I know most of you have seen it. Anyway, after spotting the listings, Tom and his assistant bought all of the products back, and put an auto-block on the names and addresses they were delivered from. Busted. Thought that was beyond awesome. Had a good laugh, then I went inside the bar and had a beer.  Good times  8)

Vengeance!!
Al que está vivo todo le falta y al que está muerto todo le sobra.

buddy holiday

So there was one Ebay user in particular that has been taken care of , so to speak. :lol: Dude was buying max quantities from SHOXOP under various names and addresses and putting them up on Ebay at ridiculous rates shortly after the products were sold out--before even receiving them, too. Goes by the name recordflipper, and I know most of you have seen it. Anyway, after spotting the listings, Tom and his assistant bought all of the products back, and put an auto-block on the names and addresses they were delivered from. Busted. Thought that was beyond awesome.

though recordflipper has not learned much. he has put up the uncle acid 7" (100 on clear) which sold out on FEB 20th already for something like $120.

JUDY

Quote from: buddy holiday on February 22, 2013, 01:28:04 AM
So there was one Ebay user in particular that has been taken care of , so to speak. :lol: Dude was buying max quantities from SHOXOP under various names and addresses and putting them up on Ebay at ridiculous rates shortly after the products were sold out--before even receiving them, too. Goes by the name recordflipper, and I know most of you have seen it. Anyway, after spotting the listings, Tom and his assistant bought all of the products back, and put an auto-block on the names and addresses they were delivered from. Busted. Thought that was beyond awesome.

though recordflipper has not learned much. he has put up the uncle acid 7" (100 on clear) which sold out on FEB 20th already for something like $120.

Well Buddy, that is a GODDAMN shame but hence this awesome story, we have to keep in mind that AmRep is a small man operation and cannot stop this douche from every sale committed via Ebay. The guy will still strike again--but it is good to know that they are aware of who he/she is and this person(s) virtually CANNOT order new product from the shop when it goes for sale. When and if he does, it will smartly be from a different address that will hopefully be found and clocked once again. Point of the story is they actually care that stuff like this exists, and it is BEYOND AMAZING that a dying industry would take the time to begin to consolidate a problem that has arisen through this community.

The initial story made me laugh like all hell; I'm only glad others here really appreciate it too -- and that is why I decided it was worth telling. That's one thing that makes this board really fucking cool and special through my beady little long shot eyes.

Times like this that we really need to take a step back and realize how spoiled Melvins fans are in actuality.
In so many ways. Pointless to take the time to list em because you all know why.

Godflesh

That kind of flippers, and that one in particular, cannot be stopped, but that was just really hilarious. It will annoy him to no end and give us fans a little breather in eBay prices.

The recordflipper dude has already tried to pull some stuff on Blood Music limited eds too, and been Very rude about it, issuing chargebacks and all for not receiving the preorder in a few days, etc.
--- Heavy user ---

buddy holiday

Quote from: JUDY on February 22, 2013, 01:44:09 AM

Well Buddy, that is a GODDAMN shame but hence this awesome story, we have to keep in mind that AmRep is a small man operation and cannot stop this douche from every sale committed via Ebay. The guy will still strike again--but it is good to know that they are aware of who he/she is and this person(s) virtually CANNOT order new product from the shop when it goes for sale. When and if he does, it will smartly be from a different address that will hopefully be found and clocked once again. Point of the story is they actually care that stuff like this exists, and it is BEYOND AMAZING that a dying industry would take the time to begin to consolidate a problem that has arisen through this community.

The initial story made me laugh like all hell; I'm only glad others here really appreciate it too -- and that is why I decided it was worth telling. That's one thing that makes this board really fucking cool and special through my beady little long shot eyes.

Times like this that we really need to take a step back and realize how spoiled Melvins fans are in actuality.
In so many ways. Pointless to take the time to list em because you all know why.
totally agree with you and it is awesome that amrep took the time to do something against this.
also i really enjoyed your story in the first place and i did not want to complain here in any way.

JUDY

Didn't think you were complaining buddy sorry if you read it that way. Really didn't even mean to rawr so much there I think I was sleep typing.

jonE5

Quote from: buddy holiday on February 22, 2013, 02:18:56 AM
Quote from: JUDY on February 22, 2013, 01:44:09 AM

totally agree with you and it is awesome that amrep took the time to do something against this.
also i really enjoyed your story in the first place and i did not want to complain here in any way.

HAZE XXL is a true one of a kind.. Love that dude. I can't wait for the Amrep documentary to come out..

That story is fantastic!..