black stallion

I still think Buzz had a better live sound before using these guitars
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

FartLips

=D>
Quote from: black stallion on July 23, 2022, 03:46:07 AM
I still think Buzz had a better live sound before using these guitars
=D>

its super bright from the egcs, and for that you lose some of the heft in the heaviest songs.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

amazonAMAZON

I suspect he's got some hearing loss in the high end. I don't think it's the gear. It's the mix. His preference for brightness is the same on stage as in the studio where he is not always using the ECG.

))))((((

He said in a recent interview that both his old Les Paul and the EGC's sound the same. That he compared the sound from the two and if fans think he didn't then they are stupid.

FartLips

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on July 25, 2022, 02:10:20 AM
I suspect he's got some hearing loss in the high end. I don't think it's the gear. It's the mix. His preference for brightness is the same on stage as in the studio where he is not always using the ECG.
he doesn't wear earplugs, never has. mfer has no idea what he sounds like. :lol:
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

PepsiMike

Quote from: FartLips on July 25, 2022, 05:30:13 PM
he doesn't wear earplugs, never has. mfer has no idea what he sounds like. :lol:
Didn't know that!

Oscar

Quote from: PepsiMike on July 26, 2022, 02:00:35 AM
Didn't know that!

I agree, I think the tonal shift of the EGCs corresponded with albums sounding different in terms of thickness and saturation. I think of Nude With Boots as the Les Paul sendoff, with Buzz playing his original one on every track (no shit, it's one of their best sounding albums). A record as dense (A) Senile Animal for example, would have sounded significantly different with his current setup.

What I also think was integral to their live guitar sound were the old Hiwatt 4x12s. While I really enjoy today's mix of 15s and 12s, the mid-90s/00s rig had something very muscular and wooden to it. The NWB tour combined his first EGC run with that old rig and blew me away completely when I stood in front of it.

black stallion

during early BB era I remember he was still playing those Les Paul guitars, the low end sound was totally better, especially on heavy parts. I'm referring to live setting obviously, in the studio I'm not sure which guitar he uses to play. probably it's not just the guitar though, maybe the rig/pedals are different too.

))))((((

he doesn't wear earplugs, never has. mfer has no idea what he sounds like.
If that is true it's absolutely bonkers!!

FartLips

Quote from: ))))(((( on July 26, 2022, 12:49:01 PM
i think he's mentioned it in an interview or two, but it was also mentioned by a mutual friend. losing all those high frequencies has changed his sound, and i don't think most people in his camp want to be the one to challenge him on it.
he's also the penultimate utilitarian. everything in his rig is about sustainability first. easily replaceable and consistent, not something you get every time with tube amps, fragile les pauls, and harder to find gear.

black stallion

Quote from: FartLips on July 28, 2022, 10:54:28 PM
Quote from: ))))(((( on July 26, 2022, 12:49:01 PM
i think he's mentioned it in an interview or two, but it was also mentioned by a mutual friend. losing all those high frequencies has changed his sound, and i don't think most people in his camp want to be the one to challenge him on it.
he's also the penultimate utilitarian. everything in his rig is about sustainability first. easily replaceable and consistent, not something you get every time with tube amps, fragile les pauls, and harder to find gear.

yeah true, during recent gigs he was using those pedals with funny names though

))))((((

The EGC's just keep on comin'. I was slightly surprised to see he's playing Telecaster style EGC's live now too.

I would absolutely love to hear more from Buzz about all his guitars he owns. The differences and why he has them. Just a 2 hour video talking about EVERY single axe he has!

amazonAMAZON

At this point I think it's just part of his tour ritual. New mumu. New guitar. Cross off two songs from setlist and recycle two others. Rehearse rehearse rehearse, done!

))))((((

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on September 21, 2022, 09:18:11 AM
At this point I think it's just part of his tour ritual. New mumu. New guitar. Cross off two songs from setlist and recycle two others. Rehearse rehearse rehearse, done!
Ha, probably not far from the truth! I'd love to know if he has to pay full whack to get them, has them at a reduced rate or if they are freebies. I can't really imagine someone like him who is so business centric simply buying up EGC's for the sake of it. Not when he's already got (reportedly) 14. Same goes for the mumu's too. I know he has said a lady (whose name escapes me) makes them. I wonder what they cost or if she charges him for them.

the bloat

QuoteHa, probably not far from the truth! I'd love to know if he has to pay full whack to get them, has them at a reduced rate or if they are freebies. I can't really imagine someone like him who is so business centric simply buying up EGC's for the sake of it. Not when he's already got (reportedly) 14. Same goes for the mumu's too. I know he has said a lady (whose name escapes me) makes them. I wonder what they cost or if she charges him for them.

Maybe everyone gets paid in limited edition vinyl. That's worth a pretty penny!