Dale on the Vinyl Guide podcast

Started by GiveMe45, October 04, 2021, 01:54:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GiveMe45

amazonAMAZON

Yeah, I love The Vinyl Guide. He really asks good questions that keep the conversation going, with enough prompts for the artists to clarify their discography or set the record straight on rumors and history.

I like that Dale considers the Crybaby "a fun fuck-around record"

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on October 04, 2021, 04:40:34 PM
Yeah, I love The Vinyl Guide. He really asks good questions that keep the conversation going, with enough prompts for the artists to clarify their discography or set the record straight on rumors and history.

I like that Dale considers the Crybaby "a fun fuck-around record"
Agreed.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

GiveMe45

I'm still relatively new to the world of podcasts.  Even with 4000+ songs on my phone I still needed something new to fill the 5 hour drive I was doing once a week for the past 2 years.  I've really like a few of his episodes.  There's another called Turned Out A Punk that has a few different episodes with Buzz and/or Dale in his archives

bUTTHOLEmAN

Interesting points @ the podcast - the backstory to the song Scooba, the song he played trumpet on, Dale's copy of the nirvana single came with a hand made sticker, what happened with the recent ASA pressing/civilized worm being left off the album.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

(PAUL)

It's crazy that they didn't get a test printing or whatever they call it. Anyways yeah I doubt he would have listened to the whole thing as well. It's also super crazy how busy pressing plants are. 
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

jules

Quote from: (PAUL) on October 05, 2021, 10:23:59 AM
It's crazy that they didn't get a test printing or whatever they call it. Anyways yeah I doubt he would have listened to the whole thing as well. It's also super crazy how busy pressing plants are.

They wouldn't be so busy if they got it right first time   :nerd:

spunkmonkey

I liked the gig poster talk. I'm also a big fan of Tara McPherson's posters.

))))((((

A lot of interesting topics mentioned in this interview. I always love to hear more about their working process and their life in the studio. i just wish Dale remembered more about what they did. He always seems to forget the exact details! Still, good to hear that Dale is basically back to full health now. That it was only the problem of getting work visas early that caused the band to be uncertain if he should go or not. I wouldn't be surprised to see some sporadic Melvins shows at some point this year.

))))((((

Also.... I found it interesting that Dale totally misunderstood where the interviewer was coming from on the AI question. I think he took it to mean recording in digital as opposed to tape, whereas clearly the intent was to query him on his thoughts about AI writing actual songs or it being incorporated or deployed into an artists process. How it may impact upon creativity or what we consider artistic merit. It makes me wonder if Dale just didn't pick up on that or is currently unaware of the whole potential AI influence on music.

the bloat

QuoteIt makes me wonder if Dale just didn't pick up on that or is currently unaware of the whole potential AI influence on music.

...he's hopped up on painkillers