Songs that lived a second life on tour?

Started by amazonAMAZON, August 01, 2018, 01:04:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oscar

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on August 08, 2018, 10:28:32 PM
"Charmicarmicat" off live at third man was pretty epic. Did they play that elsewhere around that time?

Yeah, that was fantastic. They did it in the Eggnog portion of the Endless Residency tour.
I caught them at Festsaal Kreuzberg Berlin that tour, one of the greatest Melvins experiences to date. (With Melvins Lite being in town a couple days prior)

Proshot footage from Paris (they opened with it):

https://youtu.be/WRi-jLC6a-k

Quote from: (the) Razor on August 10, 2018, 07:10:40 PM
I liked the change they made to Set Me straight when I first saw that live.

Right there with you, Set Me Straight has gone places. Especially with the Cream DCH cover just being part of it now.

Afterbirthmilkshake

A history of drunks from the Freak Puke tour. There is an upright bass solo right in the middle of it and then it just picks right back up where it left off.  That version is top notch  :)

meezer

Quote from: Afterbirthmilkshake on August 11, 2018, 02:10:11 PM
A history of drunks from the Freak Puke tour. There is an upright bass solo right in the middle of it and then it just picks right back up where it left off.  That version is top notch  :)
... and Captain Pungent.....and Bertha's..... and Shevil.....
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

Oscar

Quote from: meezer on August 11, 2018, 07:25:48 PM
Quote from: Afterbirthmilkshake on August 11, 2018, 02:10:11 PM
... and Captain Pungent.....and Bertha's..... and Shevil.....

the bloat

Heads up. Melvins have been releasing a live album approx every 3 years since the early 90s (in various formats). Last batch was the Live Stream Obscene / cheapy CDs in 2021, so we're due.

Prediction: collect the King Dunn / Buzzo solo live stuff into one compilation for their next release. Have Trevor and Buzz gone out on any tours in the last couple years? We've all been calling for a King Dunn LP. This could be it.

It also buys them some time while Dale recovers.

amazonAMAZON

GiveMe45

Quote from: the bloat on November 19, 2023, 10:25:41 PM
Have Trevor and Buzz gone out on any tours in the last couple years?
A pretty extensive tour was all set in spring/summer of 2020 but the world took a timeout.  I was actually planning to follow it for a few cities

Dumpster D

Quote from: GiveMe45 on November 20, 2023, 07:40:44 PM
Quote from: the bloat on November 19, 2023, 10:25:41 PM
Have Trevor and Buzz gone out on any tours in the last couple years?
A pretty extensive tour was all set in spring/summer of 2020 but the world took a timeout.  I was actually planning to follow it for a few cities

I had tickets for the Toronto show.  :x