HAT B-Sides

Started by Helen83, March 11, 2020, 01:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikewilliamson

Got my record yesterday.  Awesome neon art.  Question for those that got it: Is there a sound dropout for everyone for a split second on the last song, TODAY YOUR LOVE, right at the tail end of Buzz saying "Little German Boy" in the first chorus? 

Jozzy

I received my splatter record today. Seriously, Haze has his shit down and is a good business man. I ordered on Sunday and received it today, and that is with a non-mail holiday this past Monday.

Obviously this doesn't apply to overseas orders, but he has no control over items going through customs.

Dunno, just super impressed with the guy.

Dumpster D

Quote from: Jozzy on September 11, 2020, 09:46:27 PM
I received my splatter record today. Seriously, Haze has his shit down and is a good business man. I ordered on Sunday and received it today, and that is with a non-mail holiday this past Monday.

Obviously this doesn't apply to overseas orders, but he has no control over items going through customs.

He is super impressive indeed.  =D>

jules

Agreed. And the packaging and care put into it, too. Much improved from the Sugar Daddy days. Hope Rob gets his Christmas bonus!

Von_Grip

Quote from: jules on September 12, 2020, 03:24:27 AM

Agreed. And the packaging and care put into it, too. Much improved from the Sugar Daddy days. Hope Rob gets his Christmas bonus!

Feel like he's changed up the shipping boxes too and for the better
"im ol' south!"

jules

Quote from: laptop sorcery on September 12, 2020, 01:34:57 PM
Quote from: jules on September 12, 2020, 03:24:27 AM

Feel like he's changed up the shipping boxes too and for the better

These new 10" boxes they're using are the dog's bollocks. They're lighter (good for the shipper) and just as protective as the 12" mailers they used to use (good for the shipper and us).

Afterbirthmilkshake

Quote from: johnnyg on March 12, 2020, 09:10:28 AM
Quote from: Helen83 on March 11, 2020, 01:50:09 PM
Melvins need to re-release this on 2xCD or 3/4x12" box and include the b-sides.

I haven't heard the b-sides in a number of years so hook a brother up!

BACKED

It would be cool to also throw in some live stuff from that era. that Fool / the meddling idiot recording on the Collosuss of destiny thing is intense. id love to hear the whole show

Afterbirthmilkshake

I agree also. In the middle of all this Covid confusion Haze seems to be the best person to order from. He's on top of shit.

Von_Grip

'today your love, tomorrow the world' the Ramones cover sounds totally diff than the original but in its own right still just flat out rules
"im ol' south!"

Dumpster D

Quote from: laptop sorcery on September 16, 2020, 01:08:56 AM
'today your love, tomorrow the world' the Ramones cover sounds totally diff than the original but in its own right still just flat out rules

in what way?

johnnyg

The art and colors on these are fantastic. Some of Haze's best work.

Budspawn

Got mine bundle yesterday!
Shipping to Europe is getting faster again.

Chief Ten Beers

Quote from: mikewilliamson on September 09, 2020, 02:51:34 PM
Got my record yesterday.  Awesome neon art.  Question for those that got it: Is there a sound dropout for everyone for a split second on the last song, TODAY YOUR LOVE, right at the tail end of Buzz saying "Little German Boy" in the first chorus?

Got my cheapy CD today, ordered w/ the Helios Creed reissue CD. Yeah, only took a few days to get here. :)
Before I even listened to it, I put the Besides CD and the H.A.T. Ipecac CD along w/ the original sleeve/inlay card together into a clear slimline double-CD case. Seems appropriate and convenient. The new H.A.B. sleeve can go on a wall or something.

Yes, I did notice that slight glitch on Today Your Love. I'll go back and listen to the original 7" and compare.

amazonAMAZON

I also got line in the mail already. Really great to hear this on my stereo. "Jerkin Krokus" and "Promise Me" and "White Punks" are so goddamn solid. This is such a great release. I love the pacing.

"Arny" is jarring. I'm not sure if it's just DIY mastering. I didn't notice a glitch in "Today Your Life" but it's already more like T.Y.L.T.T.W. x3

blewis

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on September 17, 2020, 06:12:55 PM
Quote from: mikewilliamson on September 09, 2020, 02:51:34 PM

Got my cheapy CD today, ordered w/ the Helios Creed reissue CD. Yeah, only took a few days to get here. :)
Before I even listened to it, I put the Besides CD and the H.A.T. Ipecac CD along w/ the original sleeve/inlay card together into a clear slimline double-CD case. Seems appropriate and convenient. The new H.A.B. sleeve can go on a wall or something.

Yes, I did notice that slight glitch on Today Your Love. I'll go back and listen to the original 7" and compare.

damn, I'm still waiting on mine to arrive. Stuck at the sorting facility in Buffalo.
The one and only....