The Melvins 3-Headed Bass Monster: Is this A First?

Started by meezer, June 09, 2015, 11:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meezer

Maybe some of you more knowledgeable guys like Chief, ilduclo, MA or Jules could tell me;
Can you think of another band that has written and released albums, as well as toured or played one-off shows with 3 different players on the same instrument, the way that the Melvins have in the last 4 years? They just keep rotating them. They've played at least one show with each bassist (Jared, Trevor, Pinkus) in the last 7 months.  :shock:

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

Bro Hammer

Quote from: meezer on June 09, 2015, 11:24:44 PM
They've played at least one show with each bassist (Jared, Trevor, Pinkus) in the last 7 months.  :shock:

Wow. I didn't really put that together until now. That's pretty impressive!
I love that there in a place now in their career where they don't have to rely on one bass player. I guess I've always thought of them as just Buzz and Dale even from 10 songs anyway so this just makes sense to me and I fucking love it! Keeping my fingers crossed for some more stuff with Kevin as well. I love my favorite band! :love:

Bro Hammer

Quote from: ))))(((( on June 10, 2015, 01:36:19 AM
For some reason i have trouble accepting that Pinkus is a Melvins bassist. I think i always just see him as a "stopgap" player that the band hired temporarily. Obviously as time goes by that doesn't seem to be the case. He's one of their members as much as anyone else. Maybe it's just because he's the first new bassist i've seen come along during my time listening to the band. I got into Melvins almost exactly the same time that the BB guys joined and i didn't know about their line-up history at that point.

I can see where you're coming from but when you (at least for me) see them live with Pinkus there is doubt that he is one of them. He adds that menacing vibe they had before the BB boys joined. At this point I figure anybody who slaps some bass with 'em are "official" members. I would go as far as saying that even Hazelmyer is a Melvin at this point. 

(the) Razor

Don't click this

jules

Melvins Facebook now states:  Members: Buzz, Dale and a rotating line-up

Captain Howdy

heartandsorry

Soooooo.... what about the dave sharp/tom flynn/guy pinhas/joe/lorax timeframe? more or less than 7 months?

meezer

Quote from: heartandsorry on June 10, 2015, 09:25:24 AM
Soooooo.... what about the dave sharp/tom flynn/guy pinhas/joe/lorax timeframe? more or less than 7 months?
I don't know, but that didn't happen for 2 cycles, like the last year and back in 2012-13, did it?

"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

anaconda

Guy Pinhead played in the Melvins??????? When?????

black stallion

Coady replied to a fan on his twitter saying BB might join the Melvins later this year
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

the crybaby

Quote from: black stallion on June 10, 2015, 12:04:34 PM
Coady replied to a fan on his twitter saying BB might join the Melvins later this year

hopefully not, later this year they will be in europe and i wanna see pinkus

black stallion

Quote from: the crybaby on June 10, 2015, 12:08:22 PM
Quote from: black stallion on June 10, 2015, 12:04:34 PM

hopefully not, later this year they will be in europe and i wanna see pinkus

same here
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

JUDY

Chief Ten Beers