Started by amazonAMAZON, August 29, 2018, 04:22:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bUTTHOLEmAN

if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

amazonAMAZON

Alright... Sounds like maybe a Sausages project that couldn't get finished until after the long awaited Sleep releases. Just my guess. Curious what the lineup is. I'm really hoping for the classic, epic Sabbath tracks. Two tracks over seven minutes, please!

))))((((

It seems that 'Sabbath Bloody Sabbath' and 'Black Sabbath' are the two songs that are featured. It is an odd one that it is a 10" considering it's only two songs. I guess this falls in line with what Buzz said recently about 7"'s being too expensive to have made. They just decided to make it a 10" instead.

As regards the line-up, it appears to be Buzz, Dale and Al by the looks of it.

Chief Ten Beers

Cool. Really hope Haze does a run of the cheapo $5 CDs, since I don't have any intentions of paying the going vinyl price, plus it'll sell out in 5 min. besides.

von grip

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on September 03, 2018, 10:51:57 AM
Cool. Really hope Haze does a run of the cheapo $5 CDs, since I don't have any intentions of paying the going vinyl price, plus it'll sell out in 5 min. besides.

C'MON cheapy $5$ CD version
"im ol' south!"

DToxico

I wonder why Buzz is doing this considering his burning hatred for Ozzy-era Sabbath

Knowing how he feels about them, I almost want to accost him at the next show to enthusiastically thank him for finally giving fitting tribute to the Melvins' obviously-biggest influence who they directly descended from, just to get a reaction

glen

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on September 03, 2018, 01:09:12 AM
:lol:

honestly.. I would absolutely love to know the person that has $800 to spend on a piece of vinyl.   that's the kind of person I need to be friends with. 
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

meezer

"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

))))((((

At this point, does this mean Al can be considered an official "Melvin"? A proper Melvins bassist? Or does a true member need to perform live with the band beyond merely recording their part?

(PAUL)

Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

))))((((

Captain CoryCory

I wonder if this is a one-off or are we about to see a tease of the History of Rock concept album in the works. That said if the latter could we well get another cool covers album with plenty of guests?

))))((((

Quote from: Captain CoryCory on September 04, 2018, 07:51:07 PM
I wonder if this is a one-off or are we about to see a tease of the History of Rock concept album in the works. That said if the latter could we well get another cool covers album with plenty of guests?
I've always been really intrigued about that project ever since Steve mentioned it. He said Buzz asked Jeff MacDonald to be involved and i always thought it would just be that line-up. But now i do wonder if - like you say - it could be a number of guests all contributing on different types of songs. In this sense, i wonder whether it would just be a series of covers (like Everybody Loves Sausages) presented in chronological order or whether it would be new Melvins material done in the style of the various eras of rock.

DToxico

Quote from: ))))(((( on September 04, 2018, 06:57:31 PM
Quote from: DToxico on September 04, 2018, 08:14:42 AM
I wonder why Buzz is doing this considering his burning hatred for Ozzy-era Sabbath
Not quite true it seems.

http://homeofmetal.com/why-i-love-black-sabbath-king-buzzo/

That's straight-up bizarre; just a year or two ago I read an interview with him where he shit all over them, complained about being compared to them because he said he never thought they were actually very good/thought they were horribly overrated, and said their only decent album was Heaven & Hell. This is like the diametric opposite of the stuff he was saying there.

johnnyg

Quote from: DToxico on September 05, 2018, 08:11:55 AM
Quote from: ))))(((( on September 04, 2018, 06:57:31 PM
Quote from: DToxico on September 04, 2018, 08:14:42 AM
Not quite true it seems.

http://homeofmetal.com/why-i-love-black-sabbath-king-buzzo/

That's straight-up bizarre; just a year or two ago I read an interview with him where he shit all over them, complained about being compared to them because he said he never thought they were actually very good/thought they were horribly overrated, and said their only decent album was Heaven & Hell. This is like the diametric opposite of the stuff he was saying there.

I would point out that this article seems that the site reached out to Buzz and seemed to ask "why is sabbath cool?" I don't think that Buzz wrote to them asking to do an article. His answers in this seem to mostly try to walk away from sabbath and talk about priest, cooper, and blue cheer.

I would guess the root of it is this: Buzz and co really like Sabbath. But, they feel it minimizes them when they are viewed as a band that is just trying to duplicate sabbath's sound, or is a band that is MOSTLY influenced by sabbath, as that seems to suggest they're not adding their own originality or cleverness into their own music, or are always in the shadow of another band. I think Buzz sees Sabbath as something like 1/20th of what the Melvins are, the rest being influence of other bands, other art, and the band's own spark. This is totally my guess, mind you.