The Bulls & The Bees

Started by MrLuck87, December 13, 2011, 11:41:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JUDY

Quote from: )))((( on February 24, 2012, 02:08:29 PM
It is Jared that sings this right?
Yep...they're trading off....but there's nothing wrong with that. Very Big Businessy, but I still consider this to be the strongest track on BSM

The Melvins - 04 - I'll Finish You Off

(((O)))

Quote from: JUDY on February 24, 2012, 02:45:05 PM
Quote from: )))((( on February 24, 2012, 02:08:29 PM
It is Jared that sings this right?
Yep...they're trading off....but there's nothing wrong with that. Very Big Businessy, but I still consider this to be the strongest track on BSM
Probably 'Electric Flower' for me, but 'I'll Finish...' would be a close #2 for sure.

JUDY

Does anyone know if the stream is the final mix? It sounds a little...lo-fi/Albini produced.

MAKE IT LOUDER
anagram: Real Milked Out
(sorry, I can't stop)

Idlehanz

You lucky bastards that are getting to see the upcoming tour w/ Unsane are probably going to get to hear some of this stuff live too!  Bastards!   :P

(the) flutter nuts

Quote from: Idlehanz on February 24, 2012, 03:16:59 PM
You lucky bastards that are getting to see the upcoming tour w/ Unsane are probably going to get to hear some of this stuff live too!  Bastards!   :P

haha, i was just thinking the same thing
I got the shits real bad.

Illusionator

Sounds good first listen through

..and free

niiiiiiice

williamblakestyger

love
reminds of the brain center at whipples
thanks

Illusionator

Quote from: williamblakestyger on February 24, 2012, 05:18:59 PM
love
reminds of the brain center at whipples
thanks

Vulva nipples primavera tea kettle barbequeue

FartLips

first part reminds me of civilized worm, the rest is pretty awesome.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

Uncle Fester

Quote from: Shatz on February 24, 2012, 02:17:38 PM
Sounds like a leftover. :D
yep, you said it.
Im gonna risk being the bad guy and say I don't think its that great. buzzos singing parts are cool though. I still cant stand jared.

dijk cheese

Quote from: Uncle Fester on February 24, 2012, 08:19:49 PM
yep, you said it.
Im gonna risk being the bad guy and say I don't think its that great. buzzos singing parts are cool though. I still cant stand jared.

i had to turn it off halfway through, found it annoying. i'll try again later.
i have hope for the melvins lite.
i say i can't, but i really mean i won't.

FartLips

Quote from: dijk cheese on February 24, 2012, 08:27:19 PM
Quote from: Uncle Fester on February 24, 2012, 08:19:49 PM
yep, you said it.

i had to turn it off halfway through, found it annoying. i'll try again later.
i have hope for the melvins lite.
do you think it sounds just kinda weak? like they are just trying to re-imagine ASA, but not really improve it? this is also what happens when you write so many songs you feel compelled to go back in the closet and dig out some riffs. then instead of conveying your realtime emotions within the entire song, you get flashbacks, causing it to just sound the same. i've learned not to go back as much, and try to write in the moment. that was wayyy to introspective. alas, this well may go dry pretty soon. time to kick out the bassist.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

Metalhead Cow

Just listened to it a few times-not really sure what to think of it yet

Metalhead Cow

Song is defintely in drop D tuning. It'll be interesting to hear what tuning the other songs are in

- I really like the vocal harmonies. The song's pretty cool and starting to make more sense on repeated listens, although the song kinda has two parts and it's going to take some more listens for me to "understand" and make sense how it all flows together, cause so far I don't completely "get it"-but that's okay because that's almost always how it is for me when I first hear new melvins, or most new stuff from bands I really like.

GrimReaper

No.

One guitar part sounds like Megadeth. Just sayin'. :-"

I love it! I need another full album of Bigmelvins!