The Bride Screamed Murder

Started by blewis, March 08, 2010, 03:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angus Khan

...and they all sing the same refrain: its fun to take a trip, put acid in your veins.

glen

the new MELVINS cover art is gay.  so they suck now.

"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Angus Khan

Quote from: glen on March 12, 2010, 02:57:05 PM
the new MELVINS cover art is gay.  so they suck now.

If the moderator says so it must be true.  Right I'm off to find a new band to love and join their message board.  It was lovely knowing all of you except the aussie who insulted my mother.  Take care of yourselves AND eachother.
...and they all sing the same refrain: its fun to take a trip, put acid in your veins.

ManWithNoName

I think it's funny how you(the bloat) come here and trash the album cover like it was done in 5 seconds. How is that a valid argument?

There's plenty of art that's done quickly. Ever heard of improvisation? Automatic writing? Sometimes some of the best art is done quickly and without thinking. An uninterrupted(by thoughts, reflection, etc) stream of creativity.

Above all, though, as this is the covert art, it must have been approved by Buzz & co. In the end all that matters is what the band thinks, and as I'm sure you know, they don't give a fuck what you, I, or any of their fans think. If they did, they wouldn't be the melvins.

I'm not saying you're not allowed to dislike it, I just don't agree with your harsh criticism.

the bloat

QuoteI think it's funny how you(the bloat) come here and trash the album cover like it was done in 5 seconds. How is that a valid argument?

Did you design the cover art? You sound awfully butt-hurt about my opinion. Besides, who gives a fuck what I think?

anaconda

Quote from: cantona on March 09, 2010, 08:07:23 PM
This is what happens when Goodtimes gets given a project

I think this post from earlier in the thread implies that Richie designed the cover. ????

Uncle Fester

that would explain alot  :lol:
im kidding.

I didnt know richie goodtimes did album covers, isnt he strictly on poster duty?

Quote from: anaconda on March 12, 2010, 03:28:23 PM
Quote from: cantona on March 09, 2010, 08:07:23 PM
This is what happens when Goodtimes gets given a project

I think this post from earlier in the thread implies that Richie designed the cover. ????

ManWithNoName

Quote from: the bloat on March 12, 2010, 03:14:05 PM
QuoteI think it's funny how you(the bloat) come here and trash the album cover like it was done in 5 seconds. How is that a valid argument?

Did you design the cover art? You sound awfully butt-hurt about my opinion. Besides, who gives a fuck what I think?
The fuck are you talking about? I clearly stated I simply disagreed with your harsh criticism.

But hey, if it makes you feel better. Yeah, I'm butt hurt over your opinion. In fact, I wept uncontrollably before making that last post.  :cry:

the bloat

QuoteI'm butt hurt over your opinion. In fact, I wept uncontrollably before making that last post.

I believe you. Try and have a better day. Sounds like MELVINS are putting out a new record soon so atleast you have that to look forward to. I hear the artwork is shitty though  :D

ManWithNoName

I'm going to go listen to The Cure and cut myself now. :(

anaconda

No confirmation but a hint dropped by cantona as to a cover being on there that was
recently played in the live set. that could mean either 'let me roll it' or 'mr. dna'

Mad Arab

I'm hoping for Let Me Roll It.

MrLuck87

This is why I don't care about the cover:

I'm amazed that anyone would freak out over the album cover.  I don't care what band it is.

Mad Arab

Release date June 1st 2010

Reviews??? When they arrive. Your likes and dislikes about the album. So on an so forth.

danimal

Quote from: anaconda on March 12, 2010, 04:12:13 PM
No confirmation but a hint dropped by cantona as to a cover being on there that was
recently played in the live set. that could mean either 'let me roll it' or 'mr. dna'

it could also mean ballad of dwight fry