The Bride Screamed Murder

Started by blewis, March 08, 2010, 03:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dubwise Ministry Juan

Quote from: (((O))) on March 12, 2010, 04:37:59 PM
Every time the Melvins do a cover of a tune it ends up better than the original. Well bar Smells Like Teen Spirit!

As a big Nirvana fan I'd have to disagree with that. Personally I thought the Melvins version sounded much better. It had alot more beef to it and I thought Leaf's vocals were a mile better than Kurt's.

Mad Arab

Well, I'd credit that to the very polished production of the Nevermind album. The cover by the Melvins was more of a clever yet obvious joke than anything else. Which is why I think some think it is a so-so cover. I like the cover. But David Yow with the Melvins did a better live version I think. Was it at the 40 watt club?

molotov

Quote from: Birth Of The Cool on March 12, 2010, 04:28:42 PM
If it's about the music for me, then that is what it is about. Melvins style??? Is that some sort of boutique line of fashion and lifestyle? Did you buy the Nikes?
yes      yes          yes

I have even a [size=9]MELVINS TOWEL![/size]

Mad Arab

molotov

Do you have anything else to ask?

Chief Ten Beers

When does the cheap, warped vinyl come out? :lol:

anaconda

ya they covered it on Full neilson reilly. I loved me some didjits.
rick sims, the most underrated guitarist/front man in rock n roll

Buick GN

Quote from: anaconda on March 13, 2010, 09:51:51 PM
ya they covered it on Full neilson reilly. I loved me some didjits.
rick sims, the most underrated guitarist/front man in rock n roll
Ever get to see 'em live?   :D

Me did.

anaconda

I'm not that old dude. :P  i did get to see him with gaza strippers at CMW though

Like Stee

Quote from: Mount Ambulance on March 12, 2010, 07:45:08 PMwasn't Coady tweeting something 'bout Clem Burke in the studio just killing it on a Kinks cover ...
That's what I was thinking as well.  Let Me Roll It would be cool, but some Kinks would be even better.  I think I said it before, but I'll say it again, Powerman.  (Fingers crossed).
satanoscillatemymetallicsonatas

Mad Arab

Quote from: molotov on March 13, 2010, 12:37:12 PM

I have tons to ask, but the answers are always left wanting. Don't get upset, I'm only messing around with ya. You make the Melvins happy buying all their crazy kitsch.

Buick GN

molotov

Quote from: Birth Of The Cool on March 14, 2010, 12:51:35 PM
Quote from: molotov on March 13, 2010, 12:37:12 PM

I have tons to ask, but the answers are always left wanting. Don't get upset, I'm only messing around with ya. You make the Melvins happy buying all their crazy kitsch.
You know where are the lolz?

I have 0 (zero) melvins albums. :o

(the) Razor

Don't blame you. How many record stores are there in Siberia? Actually wait....how many buildings are there in Siberia?  :lol:
Don't click this