The Bride Screamed Murder

Started by blewis, March 08, 2010, 03:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Like Stee

satanoscillatemymetallicsonatas

Like Stee

Quote from: FART LIPS on May 07, 2010, 06:32:57 PM
this will get about as much play out of me as nwb, which is notmuch at all.
It's made me listen to POTRE a bunch the past couple days.
satanoscillatemymetallicsonatas

(the) Razor

Be honest, Melvins best albums are behind them. But still enjoy it - this would be great live.
Don't click this

Idlehanz

Quote from: Razor on May 07, 2010, 07:39:03 PM
Be honest, Melvins best albums are behind them. But still enjoy it - this would be great live.
Your saying this with a straight face?  No green?  No one knows if this is true or not.  Everyones entitled to their opinion, I just have the right to not understand them :)  I'm not sure what everyone expected?  This record is like nothing I had imagined it being, and I'm glad.  I'd hate the day when they produce something I was expecting.  That being said, I think this is a great record.  Another home run.

(the) Razor

I dunno but I'm with Fart Lips on this one.

Don't click this

rictus

Quote from: FART LIPS on May 07, 2010, 06:32:57 PM
this will get about as much play out of me as nwb, which is notmuch at all.

Yeah.

the ether bunny

it's times like this that make me happy that i have a pretty different taste in music than ya'll.  :P
he was a mongoloid.

Idlehanz

Anyone else notice the bass line Jared knocks out on "My Generation"?  Fucking awesome.  And the way they sing it with the slobbery sounding 'schllllllll' vocals.  

Idlehanz

Until Green Honey gets a TBSM lyric topic going..........

PG X3

The title seems so obvious now :)

They change around the lyrics and structure slightly.

O Peggy Gordon, You are my darling
Come sit you down upon my knee
And tell to me the very reason
Why I am slighted so by thee

I wish I was in some lonesome valley
Where womankind could not be found
And  little birds sing upon the branch's
And every moment a different sound

I hope they close the shows with this.

Shit, I could listen to a whole album of them singing like this.  The vocals are hypnotizing.

dijk cheese

Quote from: glen on May 07, 2010, 03:17:32 PM
Quote from: The 5th Horsemen on May 07, 2010, 03:11:27 PM
Not only thieves but lazy too. Can someone write up a decent review? Only one has so far. People seem mixed up. One says Bullhead. Another says Stag. Another says The Maggot.

I say it doesn't sound anything like any other MELVINS album I've heard.  in fact, I don't even really hear any songs that remind me of previous MELVINS songs.  for example: ______ is this album's Civilized Worm.

.......is something I might post had I heard the new album in its entirety.

well, no review but i'm gonna add another one in there and say ozma.
not so much in tone or the songs are similar, more as in the flow of the album. leaving the listener (or maybe just me) confused as to which song im listening to at times. the songs go through many changes, yet never descend into free rock. and thats the beauty of the album.
i never really liked nwb and asa and can safely say i never will. but i love this one. ill finish you off gives me the smiles and the nods.
the irony of this for me is that i saw melvins tour those albums maybe 5-6 times and i doubt ill see them tour this due to geograhical distances.
i say i can't, but i really mean i won't.

turnacus

A little bit into Water Glass... all I'm saying is they are finally using the two drummers and 4 vox to full use.
Van Hagar

GrimReaper

Do you guys have leaked copies are is this all based on the Amazon samples?

dijk cheese

i say i can't, but i really mean i won't.

bUTTHOLEmAN

The album has been leaked Grim.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Smiling Cobra

Am I the only one who thinks the part that starts @ 3:04 on Pig House sounds like Deep Purple's Child In Time, the bit before the long solo?