The Bride Screamed Murder

Started by blewis, March 08, 2010, 03:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

norecess

Quote from: molotov on May 25, 2010, 04:56:30 AM
Quote from: glen on May 25, 2010, 04:45:14 AM
know that somewhere out there dale crover loves you.
I know. I always knew it.

hey, not downloading their latest album doesn't make up for all the other thievery on your end!

Quote from: molotov on May 25, 2010, 04:56:30 AM
Dale Crover is like Jesus but he can play drums.

and he's a lot older!

molotov

Quote from: norecess on May 25, 2010, 05:01:36 AM
and he's a lot older!
Jesus didn't drink and didn't smoke.
Dale Crover drank and smoked.
Jesus died in 33.
Dale Crover didn't.

SO, WHO'S YOUR GOD?

molotov

Ok, stop bullshitting.

Where I can download it?

black stallion

Quote from: Vcavallo on May 24, 2010, 03:19:47 PM
hey guys
hope to see you here more often,i don't know you but you seem a nice guy.

and plucky,what's about those messages? 8-[
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

norecess

Quote from: black stallion on May 25, 2010, 07:01:39 AM
Quote from: Vcavallo on May 24, 2010, 03:19:47 PM
hey guys
hope to see you here more often,i don't know you but you seem a nice guy.

yeah, it also seemed he was going to do an INTERVIEW!!!!.

norecess

Quote from: molotov on May 25, 2010, 05:13:20 AM
Where I can download it?

downloading is illegal. listening to the album on youtube however is completely justified.

molotov

Quote from: norecess on May 25, 2010, 07:08:04 AM
Quote from: molotov on May 25, 2010, 05:13:20 AM
Where I can download it?

downloading is illegal. listening to the album on youtube however is completely justified.
To go to youtube every time when I want to listen an album? Too weird for me.

BC

Dubwise Ministry Juan

Well I caved and downloaded the album seeing as amazon told me I'd have to wait an extra week for dispatch.

After my first few listens it really isn't a stand out Melvins album imo. The Who cover is great, but apart from that there really isn't any real stand out tracks for me so far. Even both of the other Big Biz/Melvins records had tracks that instantly stood out as real belters. Most of the riffs on Bride even sound quite banal.

Obviously this opinion may change after a few more listens......I especially need to listen to it under the headphones without any distractions too........regardless I'm really hoping that this is the last friggin Big Biz/Melvins record.

Bring back Melvins as a 3 piece!!!!!

jonE5

Quote from: Dubwise Ministry Juan on May 25, 2010, 10:07:50 AM
Well I caved and downloaded the album seeing as amazon told me I'd have to wait an extra week for dispatch.

After my first few listens it really isn't a stand out Melvins album imo. The Who cover is great, but apart from that there really isn't any real stand out tracks for me so far. Even both of the other Big Biz/Melvins records had tracks that instantly stood out as real belters. Most of the riffs on Bride even sound quite banal.

Listen More!! The best stuff always needs a few listens.... It's Really Good!

violent office

Obviously this opinion may change after a few more listens......I especially need to listen to it under the headphones without any distractions too........regardless I'm really hoping that this is the last friggin Big Biz/Melvins record.

Bring back Melvins as a 3 piece!!!!!

I agree.  I'm all for experimentation, but this is just boring.

norecess

your curse in this church is more than welcome after nothing but praise and what blind worship, but what makes you think big biz should be blamed, ist big buzz who writes all the material as far as i'm concerned. i mean, some of these songs would have sucked with any line up, right?

jules

Quote from: molotov on May 25, 2010, 05:11:24 AM
Quote from: norecess on May 25, 2010, 05:01:36 AM
and he's a lot older!
Jesus didn't drink and didn't smoke.
Dale Crover drank and smoked.
Jesus died in 33.
Dale Crover didn't.

SO, WHO'S YOUR GOD?
Schnab.

Dubwise Ministry Juan

Quote from: norecess on May 25, 2010, 11:08:55 AM
but what makes you think big biz should be blamed

I'm not blaming Big Biz for anything. I just would like Melvins to be a 3 piece again as imo they produce better music like that and they're also a much more punishing live band with 3.

deatheats

For fucks sake, we might as well start a thread called, "The Melvins were better when..."
AND there's already a thread about getting rid of Big Business so why does every third post have to bring this shit up?

<Venting completed>