The Bride Screamed Murder

Started by blewis, March 08, 2010, 03:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr.Benway

Buzz said he had the idea to do some of the stuff on TBSM 10 yrs. ago.  If they would've put out an album like this 10 yrs. ago I would've stopped buying their albums 10 yrs. ago.  Wouldn't matter who was is the band.  I am glad I got to listen to it before I bought it.  ASA was good, they started to lose me with NWB.  This is not even worth it.  They will be embarrassed when they look back at this record.  My prediction:  Jared and Coady will have some "issues" that Buzz just can't deal with anymore and they'll be gone.  Then the next Melvin's record will sound like the new bass players old band did.  Sound familiar?   

Dubwise Ministry Juan

Quote from: MasterFlex J. Shizzle on May 26, 2010, 09:40:20 AM
  Then the next Melvin's record will sound like the new bass players old band did.  Sound familiar?   

No?

As soon as Melvins start making Melvins albums again they'll OWN the world again.

Angus Khan

In less than 2 years time you will all return to the album and proclaim it to be one of their best.
...and they all sing the same refrain: its fun to take a trip, put acid in your veins.

black stallion

Quote from: MasterFlex J. Shizzle on May 26, 2010, 09:40:20 AM
Then the next Melvin's record will sound like the new bass players old band did.
Nirvana?
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Dubwise Ministry Juan

Quote from: change&suffocation on May 25, 2010, 10:21:05 PM
album is a fuckin 8/10 at least

In your opinion.

In mine..... 4/10

Quote from: change&suffocation on May 25, 2010, 10:21:05 PM
whats with all these new cunts coming here shitting on the album, an album they won't ever even pay for?  

I wouldn't say folk are shitting on the new album? I'd say a few are voicing their opinions about it. Personally I think it's time Melvins ditched Big Business as it's getting a little tiring hearing collaboration after collaboration after collaboration Melvins/Big Biz albums instead of pure digital unadulterated FRIGGIN MELVINS albums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean if they love Big Biz so much they can keep making albums with them.......but throw us a few crumbs and release Melvins albums too!!!!!!!!!!!!

And so what if some won't pay for the album??? If i'm going to buy a damn album I want to hear the friggin thing first.....if I don't like it I'm not FRIGGIN buying it. The folk that don't buy it after hearing it obviously don't like it. I personally think it's not bad due to The Who cover and a few other soundbites here and there. I could name 10 other Melvins albums that kick it's ass though in a flash.

Dubwise Ministry Juan

Quote from: Angus Khan on May 26, 2010, 09:56:03 AM
In less than 2 years time you will all return to the album and proclaim it to be one of their best.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Fat chance of that happening pal.

This new album isn't even close to being in the same league as.....

Maggot
Bootlicker
Bullhead
Stag
Houdini
Honky
Stoner Witch
Ozma
H.A.T
Gluey Porch Treatments

Even ASA and NWB OWN it soley because of Civilised Worm and Smiling Cobra.

I'm sure it'll get major air-time from me regardless as all of my Melvins albums do.......even Melvins/Big Biz albums get a few spins here and there!

Angus Khan

Well Glen likes it and he must know what he's talking about because he's our master.
...and they all sing the same refrain: its fun to take a trip, put acid in your veins.

Dubwise Ministry Juan

glen is a sissy. ESPECIALLY when it comes to Melvins!

Angus Khan

Dubwise Ministry Juan

Quote from: Angus Khan on May 26, 2010, 10:34:04 AM
I preferred the old Juan.

He was too emo.......like this new Melvins album.

Captain CoryCory

Love what I'm hearing so far. I'm listening to this through youtube. 

glen

Quote from: Dubwise Ministry Juan on May 26, 2010, 10:36:44 AM
Quote from: Angus Khan on May 26, 2010, 10:34:04 AM
I preferred the old Juan.

He was too emo.......like this new Melvins album.

thats funny, I don't recall inviting you back.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

LebRon Maiden

Glen thinks he's god of the melvins board!  I don't know who Glen is, and I don't care!

glen

Quote from: LebRon Maiden on May 26, 2010, 11:48:37 AM
Glen thinks he's god of the melvins board!  I don't know who Glen is, and I don't care!

I bet you don't have the nerve to say that to my face.  I'll climb up on a stack of phonebooks next time I see you and let you give it a try.

"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

gesundheit

You obviously don't like this band anymore, Juan..so go ahead and move along now.

If you're really comparing NWB and ASA to stuff like Bullhead and GPT than I don't think you get the "bigger picture" and nobody cares to hear from an uneducated listener.