Hostile Ambient Takeover Vinyl

Started by MilitaryCity, September 01, 2019, 03:11:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

))))((((

Quote from: black stallion on January 21, 2021, 01:35:31 PM
tonight i had a dream about this album, it's so perfect from start to finish!
I went back to HAT for the first time a week or so ago. An absolute monster Melvins album this one! Quite possibly the best they have ever done. Kevin is awesome on this. I think my only niggle is that slightly odd and a bit tacky sounding keyboard run that quickly occurs and kicks off the second part of 'The Fool The Meddling Idiot'. Im never sure if that is included totally seriously or as a bit of a tongue in cheek moment.

Dumpster D

Quote from: ))))(((( on January 21, 2021, 06:40:06 PM
Quote from: black stallion on January 21, 2021, 01:35:31 PM
tonight i had a dream about this album, it's so perfect from start to finish!
I went back to HAT for the first time a week or so ago. An absolute monster Melvins album this one! Quite possibly the best they have ever done. Kevin is awesome on this. I think my only niggle is that slightly odd and a bit tacky sounding keyboard run that quickly occurs and kicks off the second part of 'The Fool The Meddling Idiot'. Im never sure if that is included totally seriously or as a bit of a tongue in cheek moment.

Are you absolutely serious? You're absolutely serious.. #-o

That is possibly the most straight edge thing you've ever said.  :lol:

That Casio keyboard stuff is like the best thing the Melvins ever recorded or wrote!!!  :o

))))((((

Quote from: Dumpster D on January 21, 2021, 06:56:12 PM
Are you absolutely serious? You're absolutely serious.
Of course. Im sure im not the only one who kinda dislikes that. It doesn't really "fit" there for me and conjures up things i really don't like. Yes "Casio" as you say is spot on there really. It just sounds very naff to me. The rest is fine prior and after that point, but that keyboard is horrid!

Dumpster D

amazonAMAZON

That keyboard sorta grew on me. Sort of a Throbbibg Gristle moment from what I recall. It's been a while since I've heard it, though. Still my least favorite part of the record overall, but even a 4 minute guitar noise solo wouldn't be a huge improvement here. It's all a waiting game, this song. At it's core it's almost like a GPT song played at quarter speed with a ten minute intro.

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards