The War On Wisdom VIDEO

Started by (((O))), March 13, 2012, 12:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

(PAUL)

Quote from: Lunica on March 14, 2012, 03:56:06 PM
paul: I like the melvins, I like the new album, I like beer. But I don't like the video :D

Oh sweet! If I'm ever in Holland we'll have to go get a pint.
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

jules

Quote from: Dumpster D on March 14, 2012, 04:54:41 PM
Did you ever stop and think they wanted to make a video you weren't going to like just because they are pissed at their fans for ripping on them?(just a wild theory) I'd be pretty sick and tired of hearing bad stuff from my fans (ESPECIALLY if I was actually TRYING to make something good). That is STILL beside the point however.

I can relate to that when I've created something I worked hard on, someone always comes up to tell me their negative opinion before I ever asked them.

It gets to the point where I whip out some crayons, m-80's and donkey manure. just light the fuse and run away.

and make something just for you negative critics to finally feel like you have a "purpose". 

the melvins would be happy deliberately making something intolerable just to piss you off if you're not going to like it anyway.

I have not watched this, and I'll be damned if that's going to change if this place wont.

if the video is good or bad, it's still subjectional and irrelavant to THE REAL ISSUE!

pretty soon you won't HAVE a fan forum to even complain in if you keep it up.

Cool your boots, man!  :)     Lunica only said she'd have preferred to have seen a live video!!!

Dumpster D

theres room for a live video too right? that's what youtube is for, The boys don't even HAVE to make one, someone will do it for free, what the...you think everyone is made of money?

again why do work yourself, if someone has already done it for you?

I just see how hard these boys are working and it's dissapointing not too many people have such a great creative vision.

Buzz always said "more is more" and I think we would be very sorry to lose this place.

I'm cool as a cucumber.

here's a good example of getting someone else to work FOR you.

Buzz-yo hazelemeyer old buddy, you want to run the melvins BBS for a bit?

Haze-why, what for?

Buzz-well we just want to let you explore your creative side a little

"gentlemen, prepare to reap the whirlwind"

Braykfast

Dumpster D, your input is refreshing and hilarious as always.

Also...it's a great thing to be such connoisseurs of wonderful music and cool art, huh?
"whiskey and axe handles"
- buzzo, boston, june 2010

Lunica

Oh my! You really take everything out of context, don't you? Im not bashing my favorite band, im only saying i dont like one of their videos.

Quote from: Dumpster D on March 14, 2012, 05:09:21 PM
theres room for a live video too right? that's what youtube is for, The boys don't even HAVE to make one, someone will do it for free, what the...you think everyone is made of money?

Dude, I know what youtube is, I know a live video can be for free, I'm not stupid. Where do you even get the impression that I think everyone is made of money? Please explain. You are drawing your own conclusions here. I would have preferred a live video to this one, because i don't like the style of it
i don't have a square to spare. can't spare a square.

Schnabster

The days when the music video had a lot to say seems to be over, it doesn`t seem like bands in general make too much effort in making some new and creative. The new Melvins video is not bad, but my reason to check a track via youtube is just to hear it, doesn`t matter if it`s a still photo of a cover or some visualizing of the story of the track played. I don`t blame Melvins for not putting too much money in on the production, very few bands elsewise seems to do it either nowadays. Except for the pointless, crappy Kanye West, Rihanna etc.

black stallion

i don't really see what was so wrong with Lunica saying that she doesn't like the video
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Schnabster

Quote from: black stallion on March 15, 2012, 05:03:37 AM
i don't really see what was so wrong with Lunica saying that she doesn't like the video

Neither do I. And she has not used foul words either.

Lunica

exactly! thank you.
that's what i didn't get. i wasn't even saying it was really horrible, and the video doesn't bother me at all, it's just not my cup of tea. then i get this whole shitstorm of drama thrown at me by some guy who gets offended merely because my opinion differs from his, and keeps calling for Haze to ban me for it.
i mean come on, if dumpster was a pregnant, emotionally unstable hormon-fighting woman who just lost her husband because he spent the last days of his life editing the video (it wouldn't have been his last days if he had remembered to eat), i could sort of get why he would be offended. But i take it thats not the real situation here :D
i don't have a square to spare. can't spare a square.

black stallion

Luni,you have nothing to explain because nothing was wrong. please,keep on sharing your own opinion on this board
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

bruce

Quote from: black stallion on March 15, 2012, 05:22:01 AM
Luni,you have nothing to explain because nothing was wrong. please,keep on sharing your own opinion on this board

2nded.

(the) Razor

I didn't mind it - thought it was decent for what its intended for.

Even though I can't stand political correctness, I still couldn't escape the undertones of high school massacres. Not sure if it was intentional or not, I wasn't even thinking about the production or the music - just that.  :shock:
Don't click this

homeless_dad

Lunica, you are obviously entitled to your opinion.  I'm not personally not offended if you don't like anything the melvins do.  Free or paid for. 
Maybe temperatures would calm if you explained why you didn't like it rather than making a drive by statement about how it was poorly shot.    It might help or make things worse either way at least we'd know your opinion was based on intelligent thought prosess and not a knee-jerk reaction.
Is Ian back yet??

norecess

Quote from: homeless_dad on March 15, 2012, 10:25:38 AM
It might help or make things worse either way at least we'd know your opinion was based on intelligent thought prosess and not a knee-jerk reaction.

are you referring to comments like AWESOME!!!!, BEST VIDEO EVAH!!!!! and are the melvins capable of doing something that's nOT THE COOLEST THING IN THE WORLd?????? etc.?

:lol:

FartLips

Quote from: norecess on March 15, 2012, 10:36:44 AM
Quote from: homeless_dad on March 15, 2012, 10:25:38 AM
It might help or make things worse either way at least we'd know your opinion was based on intelligent thought prosess and not a knee-jerk reaction.

are you referring to comments like AWESOME!!!!, BEST VIDEO EVAH!!!!! and are the melvins capable of doing something that's nOT THE COOLEST THING IN THE WORLd?????? etc.?

i'm not gonna fault the melvins for not putting in a million bucks into the production, i don't think they even care about videos to really try. but the idea of touching on a taboo subject like school violence in the video shows their opinions on political correctness. which is cool with me. at least its not a bad video!
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol: