BULLHEAD

Started by turnacus, August 11, 2003, 01:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riven

One of my three top favorite albums of all time.  It's always a tie between Bullhead, Fun House and Red for the number one position.  There is nothing more perfect, except maybe for the other two records.

Hot Pants

those are all really really good albums, you have fine taste.
the place where i sleep is cold and abandoned
you can't even fathom a hole being dug so deep

borislikesitall

This and Eggnog are my favorite rock albums along with The Stooges Fun House!!!

otherwise i love a lot of recent hip hop but for rocking shit?, love these.

Sludgebaby

I have looked literally everywhere and I cannot find any information on who designed the album cover. Can anyone help me out?
My favorite thing about Melvins is the goofy personality | These guys suck and Buzz is a pretentious hipster dork | This sounds nothing like Metallica. | Dales Dad was a drum, its in his blood. | King Buzzo's hair probably holds a lotta secrets | what the fuck is a stee? | Melvins as a way of life

anaconda

It's a scan of a table cloth that Buzz and Dale found in a store in SF.
Dale mentioned this on Facebook awhile back.

Sludgebaby

Quote from: anaconda on February 28, 2015, 10:52:40 PM

of course it would be from something ridiculous like that, hahaha
My favorite thing about Melvins is the goofy personality | These guys suck and Buzz is a pretentious hipster dork | This sounds nothing like Metallica. | Dales Dad was a drum, its in his blood. | King Buzzo's hair probably holds a lotta secrets | what the fuck is a stee? | Melvins as a way of life

homeless_dad

The skull/skull teeth on the Eggnog disc/center of vinyl is from a Halloween decoration.  We had a similar one growing up. The black part was a felt like material.
Is Ian back yet??

jules

jules

Vcavallo

Quote from: anaconda on February 28, 2015, 10:52:40 PM

This is why this board exists. where else can someone ask a question this obscure and get an answer?
Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo

lust

The production on Bullhead can be annoying at times, but it works well with some of the songs. As far as songwriting goes, this isn't my favorite Melvins release but definitely the most consistent. Every single song kicks ass.
I'm just some punk teenager.

last.fm/user/qingyuuu

tbang2391

bullhead is the real shit the only bad song on there is the hidden song on there that doesn't exist
tbang2391 music covers videos cool news and more
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgldMv6FqYUxeOI466hl0_w

check it out

Pringles

I remember reading in an interview from 1991 that most songs that are on Ozma and Gluey were created around 1985-86 (recorded later of course) and he didnt write new stuff until Bullhead recording came in 1991. He say in that interview that he was tired of playing these old songs so he wanted do to something totally different with Bullhead, an album with each song different than the other, like a bowl of fruits (:o ) .  The only old song on Bullhead is Your Blessened (already played live circa 1989)

Luck is a residue of design

jules

Dumpster D

Where did you find that Jules?