The Maggot will fuck with you if you have a shitty car...

Started by joelk, December 05, 2014, 05:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joelk

So I was making my daily commute from Rochester MN to La Crosse WI, and I had this weird moment where Manky came on and I was sure that my transmission was going out (recall the rising sound prior to the start of the actual song?)--and since it's only been a week since I coughed up $650 to fix the ignition, I nearly started to weep with relief when I recognized that indeed it was my stereo and not my deathbox shitting the bed on me. I've not been that relieved in a really long time.

But, yeah, Maggot is probs my fave Melvins record, for what it's worth...

meezer

That's funny! When I was working at a butcher shop in the nineties,
my boss would freak out about all the bloops and bleeps in my music.
I was allowed to pick all of the music we played when we were closed and
preparing to open or cleaning up at night. When I would play God Lives Underwater,
he would always think that the industrial noise between songs was a refrigeration unit taking a shit. He would freak out, "Oh shit! That sounds like the compressor for the big walk in unit!".
He finally learned.  :D
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

joelk

Quote from: meezer on December 05, 2014, 05:27:30 PM
That's funny! When I was working at a butcher shop in the nineties,
my boss would freak out about all the blooms and bleeps in my music.
I was allowed to pick all of the music we played when we were closed and
preparing to open or cleaning up at night. When I would play God Lives Underwater,
he would always think that the industrial noise between songs was a refrigeration unit taking a shit. He would freak out, "Oh shit! That sounds like the compressor for the big walk in unit!".
He finally learned.  :D

lol Aural Terrorism, that!

Dumpster D

That one single LFO synth pad on the maggot has blown speakers or caused bad speaker distortion even at reasonable volumes (My stapler) rest assured that was the Number one! reason its on the album in the first place.

vince furnier

Shitty car don't matter if you got tunes. And some decent shades.  8)
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

Dumpster D

Quote from: vince furnier on December 21, 2014, 08:00:09 PM

If you gotta wear sunglasses at night you know its because your Future is looking so bright.

vince furnier

Quote from: Dumpster D on December 21, 2014, 11:54:52 PM
Quote from: vince furnier on December 21, 2014, 08:00:09 PM

If you gotta wear sunglasses at night you know its because your Future is looking so bright.
You got that right.
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

carol

Dumpster D