What are your top 5 favorite Melvins albums

Started by Wendal, August 26, 2010, 02:26:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle Fester

eggnog, bootlicker, honky, electroretard, lysol

Its not a top 5 that Im really commited to. I forget about some of their albums once in a while and I find myself rediscovering most of their catalog a couple times of the year. nearly each album is crucial. especially shit sandwich :lol:

TheSwingSet

.....hmmmm....as of this moment with over a decade of listens...
-Lysol
-Honky
-Stoner Witch
-Bullhead
-H.A.T.

-but within the month it will change....
"SwingSet you look like a bunch of guys I know in Ireland.  It's a particular  look I can't describe.  A sort of don't fuck with me or I'll kill you look.
I mean all this in the nicest possible way of course"
--conj

gesundheit

Bullhead
Egg Nog
Hostile Ambient Takeover
Nude With Boots
Bride Screamed Murder

Justafilthylurker

Lysol really isn't that great. That Chickenswitch remix makes the original Hung Bunny/Roman Dog Bird sound kind of weak and irrelavent and I've come to think that Sacrifice sounds better with less heavy metal guitar an played a bit faster. It's GOOD, mind you, and I can see how it's been very influential to the whole drone scene and whatnot, it just sounds a little dreary and "bonehead heavy" compared to stuff that came before and after. I think Eggnog->Lysol->Solo Albums->Houdini is kind of the worst run of Melvins output. It's still GOOD though, just not as super delightful as almost everything else they've put out.

(the) Razor

Don't click this

Uncle Fester

hearing the melvins play sacrifice live is amazing.

(((O)))

(the) Razor

Don't click this

Uncle Fester

well that goes without saying, the melvins are all about the live experience.

Uncle Fester

what ab0ut eggnog lemmi?
bullhead and eggnog flow into eachother perfectly.

jonE5

Quote from: Justafilthylurker on August 27, 2010, 05:12:28 AM
Lysol really isn't that great. That Chickenswitch remix makes the original Hung Bunny/Roman Dog Bird sound kind of weak and irrelavent and I've come to think that Sacrifice sounds better with less heavy metal guitar an played a bit faster. It's GOOD, mind you, and I can see how it's been very influential to the whole drone scene and whatnot, it just sounds a little dreary and "bonehead heavy" compared to stuff that came before and after. I think Eggnog->Lysol->Solo Albums->Houdini is kind of the worst run of Melvins output. It's still GOOD though, just not as super delightful as almost everything else they've put out.

Eggnog and Lysol are two of their BEST albums.... HB & RDB live w/ the new4piece... DEVASTATING!

MrLuck87

Quote from: Uncle Fester on August 28, 2010, 10:45:20 AM
what ab0ut eggnog lemmi?
bullhead and eggnog flow into eachother perfectly.

Prick flows into Stoner Witch perfectly. 

DCGod

Eggnog can not be anyone's favorite album because it's a 4 song EP!!!

TheLegitMan93

Quote from: DCGod on August 28, 2010, 09:47:49 PM
Eggnog can not be anyone's favorite album because it's a 4 song EP!!!

There are records considered albums shorter than Eggnog.

DCGod

And that's LAME!!!!!!!!!!  Don't get me wrong, I remember when all albums clocked in at less than 45 minutes, but if you put something out that has only 4 normal length songs on it, it's an EP.  No ifs, ands, or buts!

[attachment deleted by admin]