LYSOL

Started by Marilyn, October 24, 2003, 02:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buddy holiday

Quote from: jules on October 17, 2012, 01:01:24 PM
Quote from: buddy holiday on October 17, 2012, 04:36:11 AM
HB/RDB
Everything's gotta be Swiss with you hasn't it? Is this yours?   :D

sure, swiss way of commuting... you know these vast distancies we have over here  :D

Johnnydayton

I must say,  Lysol  in my opinion is the heaviest piece of music ever recorded.  So for those of you who don't have it I hope you all find it.  Its truly a must have for any Melvins fan or any fan of heavy music in general

JUDY

Quote from: Johnnydayton on October 23, 2012, 09:53:18 PM
I must say,  Lysol  in my opinion is the heaviest piece of music ever recorded. 

Awesome first post. Indeed, a ridiculously heavy piece of music.

I invited some people over last night. Best part of the evening was them leaving and me cranking LYSOL.

:cheers:

Dumpster D

Hot Pants

this album is the most recent addition to my Melvins collection. got it a few months back.

it is uh, quite good.
the place where i sleep is cold and abandoned
you can't even fathom a hole being dug so deep

Dumpster D

homeless_dad

Anyone know how difficult it is too get a copy of the original with Lysol printed, with or without sticker?
Is Ian back yet??

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: homeless_dad on August 11, 2013, 03:17:24 PM
Anyone know how difficult it is too get a copy of the original with Lysol printed, with or without sticker?
Without the sticker, pretty difficult, with, it's a little easier, but still hard to find.   Without the sticker, in decent shape, expect to spend a lot.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

GrimReaper

With the sticker is like a letterpress IMO. Buzz and Co. had to tape over each one.

Idlehanz

One of the few things I've never been able to get a hold of myself. Or justify spending the money on.

homeless_dad

I picked mine up in 2005 at a mom&pop music store.  It was nowhere near expensive since they probably had no idea what they were selling.  The sticker on the cover was already gone and it looks like there is faded marker over Lysol on the sides.  Who ever took it off did a decent job.

Is Ian back yet??

steve

I got Lysol when it was released. At that time I lived in a room of a house and slept on the floor on a futon matress. I would arrange my speakers next to my head and play it at high volume at night when I went to bed.

Lysol is one of the most perfect pieces of music ever put on CD....
...Steve

jules

Anyone know which LP is rarer, the version with 'Lysol' written on the sleeve (stickered or not) or the later pressing where the word 'Lysol' is nowhere to be seen?

glen

I purchased my cd version somewheres around 1 million years ago with the word "Lysol" scribbled out with a sharpie.   what's that worth? 
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

buddy holiday

Quote from: jules on October 16, 2015, 07:26:03 AM
Anyone know which LP is rarer, the version with 'Lysol' written on the sleeve (stickered or not) or the later pressing where the word 'Lysol' is nowhere to be seen?
no idea, but based on the regularity you see them on ebay / discogs I would say:

rarest is the virgin lysol (never stickered, marked out),
then the repress where lysol does not appear anywhere,
then the stickered / sharpie version

it would be interesting to verify that somehow...