LYSOL

Started by Marilyn, October 24, 2003, 02:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buddy holiday

Quote from: glen on October 16, 2015, 07:42:34 AM
I purchased my cd version somewheres around 1 million years ago with the word "Lysol" scribbled out with a sharpie.   what's that worth?
maybe $30-40? more if no sharpie was applied.

glen

Quote from: buddy holiday on October 16, 2015, 08:01:13 AM
I purchased my cd version somewheres around 1 million years ago with the word "Lysol" scribbled out with a sharpie.   what's that worth?

to me it's priceless, of course.   no way I'd let it go. 
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

drumfreak:)

lysol is love
lysol is life
Has two bands with ridicolous names.

Satchel Paige

How many times in the last decade has that album been thrown into the discount bin or just thrown straight into the garbage because of that fuckery?

homeless_dad

Quote from: jules on October 16, 2015, 05:53:50 PM
Quote from: glen on October 16, 2015, 08:10:16 AM
Quote from: buddy holiday on October 16, 2015, 08:01:13 AM

to me it's priceless, of course.   no way I'd let it go.

I have that original Sharpie. Make me an offer. (It has the word 'Sharpie' blacked out by a Sharpie)
:lol: :lol:

Unopened in the original Sharpie packaging, I'm sure.
Is Ian back yet??

supernaut

The stickered one is less rare than the repress with no Lysol?

A pal said he saw a Lysol LP today in a record store in LA going for $100 but he didn't notice whether it had the sticker or sharpie or not. I'm out of the record collecting game nowadays, I knew it was pricey but didn't know it could go for that much. Got me curious about how many exist... (not that I'd ever part with mine)

Anyone knows, tell us.

Quote from: buddy holiday on October 16, 2015, 07:58:30 AM
Quote from: jules on October 16, 2015, 07:26:03 AM
Anyone know which LP is rarer, the version with 'Lysol' written on the sleeve (stickered or not) or the later pressing where the word 'Lysol' is nowhere to be seen?
no idea, but based on the regularity you see them on ebay / discogs I would say:

rarest is the virgin lysol (never stickered, marked out),
then the repress where lysol does not appear anywhere,
then the stickered / sharpie version

it would be interesting to verify that somehow...

homeless_dad

Is Ian back yet??

(PAUL)

What about that Duh box set mentioned in the small print? That ever come out?
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

OZMAtt

I love this album... But I wish I could get the time exactly right when trying to separate the tracks for my iPod. Of course, if I'm home I listen to the CD but in my car I hate searching for CDs. I've separated the tracks but can't get "Hung Bunny" to flow into "Roman Dog Bird" smoothly.

The album all being on one track doesn't bother me, I just would really like them to be split in case I'm driving a short distance and want to get to a certain song. But it's really not that big of a deal.

some guy

Quote from: OZMAtt on August 05, 2016, 02:51:17 PM
I've separated the tracks but can't get "Hung Bunny" to flow into "Roman Dog Bird" smoothly.

i feel that both of these really belong together as one track
That's neither here Nora there

OZMAtt

Yeah, I know. It'd just be nice to be able to skip when I don't have time for the long intro. Not a big deal. It's kinda pathetic to bitch about such shit when we used to have to fast forward and then guess when to stop with cassettes. I'm just saying itd be nice to have the option.

It's funny because you can't skip anything on Lysol but on The Maggot, you can skip to the middle of songs. I love the Melvins fuckin with people.

amazonAMAZON

The correct track listing is:

1. "Hung Bunny / Roman Dog Bird / Sacrifice / Second Coming / The Ballad of Dwight Fry / With Teeth"

The only variation I would even begin to consider honoring is:

1. "Hung Bunny / Roman Dog Bird"
2. "Sacrifice"
3. "Second Coming / The Ballad of Dwight Fry"
4. "With Teeth"

Pringles

Buzz Osborne quote in an interview

QuoteEggnog was a precursor to the Lysol record, and it was me, Dale and Lori. You can kind of hear where Lysol came from out of that record; people could see what was to come. A lot of people seemed to think the Lysol record came from Joe Preston joining the band, but I always say, 'No, listen to the record that came before it.' I like the Eggnog record a lot."

Sorry Joe fan.

More here;

Buzz Osborne's guide to the greatest Melvins albums ever made
https://www.loudersound.com/features/best-albums-melvins-buzz-osborne
Luck is a residue of design

Von_Grip

With Teeth what a closer  :o
Top 10 melvins song imho
"im ol' south!"

(the) Razor

Don't click this