Pinkus Abortion Technician

Started by coodies, November 18, 2019, 12:50:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the bloat

QuoteOne of the things that made me doubt is that the song was written by Steven. Plus he said it was originally one for Off!.

Wow! I had no idea Embrace the Rub was originally an Off song. I've always felt that Embrace the Rub is one of the weakest Melvins songs in their entire catalog. There is no aspect of it that is interesting (to me). Now I'm hearing it in my head as an Off song and I respect it a little more for some reason.

))))((((

Quote from: the bloat on October 09, 2022, 08:00:10 PM
I had no idea Embrace the Rub was originally an Off song. I've always felt that Embrace the Rub is one of the weakest Melvins songs in their entire catalog. There is no aspect of it that is interesting (to me). Now I'm hearing it in my head as an Off song and I respect it a little more for some reason.
Yes, i have never been much for it either and yet when i read that i could suddenly see it as an song for Off! Or at least what that band would do to it to give it that Off! stamp. I guess it was one that Steven had either found rejected by Keith and co or he had it in his back pocket for future use. With him being ushered out of the band he probably decided to contribute it to Melvins.

vince furnier

remember Pinkus said he was more available for those sessions, so Steven came in and most of the material was already covers or Pinkus penned. he said that the "WHOA!" parts were the band were watching a stunt video.  :lol:

approx 29 minutes in
https://www.mixcloud.com/WesterinoShow/westerino-show-26-jd-pinkus/?fbclid=IwAR2z0A3D52LEZcb7usWfKpBmtfWAo2QqAAWy83-EXDRHaKmk-wSTFrlMST8
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

Afterbirthmilkshake

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on August 16, 2021, 04:53:31 PM
If you hear House of Strombo I think the whole record is basically like that. Only exceptions might be "I Want to Hold Your Hand" and "Embrace the Rub" which may be all Steven. Its been a while since I heard it. But I'm pretty damn sure "Stop Moving," "Graveyard," "Prenup," "Don't Forget," "Break Bread," and "Flamboyant" are all pretty easy to hear a second bass. Its either a loose, boomy, rumbly muddy bottom end or it's a bass playing solo on top. Stevens solo style is very fingery with a lot of notes jammed together like a sloppy imitation of shredder kids trying to impress at Guitar Center. He also uses a lot of squelchy flange effects.
It's always sounded to me like Steve plays "lead bass" and trades in and out with Buzz.

the bloat

Is it possible that PAT are Hold It In b-sides or reworked songs from those sessions?