Tres Cabrones

Started by Idlehanz, July 15, 2013, 04:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

(PAUL)

Quote from: GrimReaper on November 13, 2013, 03:20:23 AM

Still haven't received my copy from Amazon! I guess I should use my free download at this point.

Really? I got mine from them on Friday. Did you check your shipping tracking?
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

Quote from: FartLips on November 06, 2013, 10:07:57 PM
Quote from: 119 on November 06, 2013, 08:51:09 PM
Some of the tracks are good but some are just too hokey and throwaway tracks. JMO.
you're fired!

Yeah, I guess I had to be "that guy." I understand the whole Captain Beefheart metal description of their music and it's a wonderful album. No real complaints about it.

carol

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on November 11, 2013, 06:52:11 PM
"Dogs & Cattle Prods" rules all. Any Melvins lineup needs to play this live.

totally.

Dogs ends on a Zeppelin III riffage the last a couple of minutes. :D

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

jonE5

This whole album is fantastic... Really well done.

I Love the whole thing but every time "I Told You I Was Crazy" comes on I play it a few extra times. New favorite of the moment.

black stallion

i can't tell which song i like more. City Dump,American Cow,Dogs and Cattle Prods,Psychodelic Haze and I Told You I Was Crazy are all in my top list. Dale did some killer bass lines!

Rusty Shackleford

Who's that singing on "I told you"?

black stallion

anaconda

of course it's Buzz at the start. Although, maybe Dale? pops in around 3:56 and continues until the finish.

Rusty Shackleford

Yeah, the second part.  It doesn't sound like Dale.  You never know with these cabrones.   

Fureon Nectarmoon

Definitely doesn't sound like Dale.
Did they get Mike to sing? Or maybe they did some digital processing.

Idlehanz

Quote from: Fureon Nectarmoon on November 15, 2013, 03:00:28 PM
Definitely doesn't sound like Dale.
Did they get Mike to sing? Or maybe they did some digital processing.

Yes, Mike did some singing on a few tracks.

Dumpster D

Ok Guys I cant take it no more! Im gonna go youtube these Tracks! AhhhGHrrr Help me!!!  :toke:

Dumpster D

Nostalgia Rides on Greasy punk rock Wings!  8)

Daring Dale is a dirty Danger daddy!

meezer

It's good to see a positive review for the band. Good to see someone out there gets it.
I figured I would wade in here with my own review. I own everything by the band,
most of their side projects and I've seen them live here in Phoenix fifteen times since 1994.
    In my order of favorite songs;
1-Doctor Mule-this song is top notch. Appreciate that it was released on the website earlier this year. Great groove and crunch, very weird lyrics, vocals and melodies with lots of strange keyboard and hand claps.
2-City Dump
6-Psychedelic Haze
9-Stump Farmer-at first these three songs seem to be the same song, or a variation of the same      song. No complaints ,these are the the type of Melvins songs that have fueled my addiction to this band for almost two decades. Continuing in the vein of "Leon Vs. The Revolution", "A Growing Disgust" from the Melvins lite release last year.
5-Dogs & Cattle Prods-much like the previous four songs this one kicks ass, but also features some things that I've never heard in a Melvins song before. A lead guitar melody playing along with the vocal line, albeit with a heavy dose of effects on the vocals to avoid being mistaken for the Beatles. The song clocks in at almost nine minutes, and plays in three movements with a first two minutes that is more conventional, five minutes where the song slows down devolving into an acoustic guitar outro  that finally goes lo-fi for the last two minutes. This song gets better every time I hear it.
3- American Cow- same as 2, 6, 9, but much slower with a guitar melody that howls like a wolf ,menacing your village.
8- I Told You I Was Crazy- Seven minute opus that starts with a slow intro of organ playing a waltz or something. This song picks up heaviness after two minutes, but continues at the slow                           pace that makes it all work so well. The new "Shevil".
11- Walter's Lips
12- Stick 'Em Up Bitch -Very adequate punk covers that would have fit in nicely with the others   
     on "Everybody Loves Sausages", earlier this year.
4-Tie My Pecker To A Tree,
7- 99 Bottles Of Beer
10- In The Army Now- These three are silly, as I expected, but very solid arrangements
that make them rewarding to listen to at a minute each.  So there you have it.
Vocals, lyrics, guitar, bass, drums, songwriting- all get five stars in my book.
A very impressive effort from all members, even if the rhythm section is unconventional.
Plus most of the vocals are just Buzz, for all the fans who lament the way the "Big Hair Lineup" "sounds like a barber shop quartet"(not me, for the record).
So go buy this record. Now. What were you going to buy instead? Food? Beer?!!
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix