Dumb Numbers/Melvins/David Lynch/David Yow Box Set

Started by jules, August 18, 2015, 08:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buddy holiday

Quote from: jules on November 08, 2015, 04:57:16 AM
Quote from: ZILLA on November 08, 2015, 12:33:47 AM
Has anybody received this yet?
Haven't even got a dispatch notice yet.
i emailed them since it said it will ship on halloween.
they are currently packing them up and shipping it out, so i assume we should all get a notice within this week.

Bengerman

I got mine today. Oh man. Very nice indeed. Not much on the individual sleeve art. Kinda lackluster. But the black and gold vinyl is pretty cool and the box that houses the 3 10"s is very cool as well. It will definitely keep the records nice and safe. Now I'm just waiting for the 51 in 51 DVD and my early xmas will be complete.

jules

Mine's travelled from Indianapolis to the UK via Charlotte and Miami. My question is, why didn't it go via Chicago instead?

meezer

Quote from: jules on November 16, 2015, 10:20:04 AM
Mine's travelled from Indianapolis to the UK via Charlotte and Miami. My question is, why didn't it go via Chicago instead?
Weather? Availability of flights to Europe? Guy discovered his wife was cheating? Idk.
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

rictus

jules

Quote from: rictus on November 16, 2015, 11:14:39 AM
I got mine on Friday. That box is gorgeous.  :love: :love: =P~
They are annual rainfall vs. temperature charts for Seoul, Verkhoyansk, Singapore, London and Baghdad, in case you were wondering.

ZILLA

I got mine but the wood was chewed up around two of the screws and one of the records tore through the jacket. You can't win them all I guess.
########################################################################################################

#2 Pencil

Quote from: ZILLA on November 19, 2015, 11:45:01 PM
I got mine but the wood was chewed up around two of the screws and one of the records tore through the jacket. You can't win them all I guess.

Records are meant to have damage, age and wear. Shows they have been loved.
I heard their periods attract bears

rictus

Quote from: jules on November 19, 2015, 07:57:46 AM
Quote from: rictus on November 16, 2015, 11:14:39 AM
I got mine on Friday. That box is gorgeous.  :love: :love: =P~
They are annual rainfall vs. temperature charts for Seoul, Verkhoyansk, Singapore, London and Baghdad, in case you were wondering.

Actually I was. :shock:

jules

Notes:

P.S. I'm incensed I didn't get a lolly with the VIP version. Fucking cheapskates.

>>>JZS<<<

Just got this as a late xmas gift !

Really well done.

Bigval

New Dumb Numbers album 'Dumb Numbers II" streaming in full:

http://www.imposemagazine.com/bytes/new-music/stream-dumb-numbers-sophomore-album-collaborative-experience-dumb-numbers-ii

What each guest performer contributes to the album:
Lou Barlow (Sebadoh/Dinosaur Jr) – bass
Dale Crover (Melvins/Nirvana) – drums and vocals
David Yow (The Jesus Lizard/Scratch Acid) – vocals
Murph (Dinosaur Jr) – drums
Bobb Bruno (Best Coast) – bass, mellotron, synths and vibraphone
Alexander Hacke (Einstürzende Neubauten) – electronic soundscapes and Tuvan throat singing
Kevin Rutmanis (Cows/Melvins) – slide bass and vocals
Bonnie Mercer (Grey Daturas/Breathing Shrine) – guitar
Steve Patrick (Useless Children) – bass
Aniela Perry (Cursive) – cello
Mario "Boomer" Lalli (Fatso Jetson/Desert Sessions) – bass and guitar
Geordie Stafford (Golden Bats) – guitar

Stonergrunge

I can't believe that box set is still available after so long... Maybe it is waiting for me  :lol:
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.