HEW TIME - All Drumming album from Dale, Coady, and Joe Plummer

Started by Grayfro, October 15, 2013, 07:01:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chief Ten Beers

I went thru a slight Dead phase in the early '90s before I was saved by the music of Frank Zappa :lol: There are some great songs by the Dead scattered throughout their spotty catalog. And there are some great live moments through the endless hours of shit over the years.

My fave Dead recording is this: Blues For Allah premiere, 8-13-75 GAMH, SF:

Help On the Way / Slipknot (Grateful Dead -One From The Vault)

meezer

Gee, sorry, gray. Just to be clear. It's an instrumental album,  with Howard Wales on keys. Check it out sometime. Or just keep listening to HISS. On vinyl!  :ohsnap:
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

Mount Ambulance

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on May 12, 2014, 07:05:59 PM
I went thru a slight Dead phase in the early '90s before I was saved by the music of Frank Zappa :lol: There are some great songs by the Dead scattered throughout their spotty catalog. And there are some great live moments through the endless hours of shit over the years.

My fave Dead recording is this: Blues For Allah premiere, 8-13-75 GAMH, SF:

Help On the Way / Slipknot (Grateful Dead -One From The Vault)

I love how the Dead just divides people right down the middle ... just like Melvins ... punks is hippies ... Buzz should grow a big ass beard an' shit.

I pretty much dig 'em carte blanche ... live anyway ... don't or never did listen to much studio stuff ... but man live they were outta sight ...

but it's the whole deal with them ... they were just them ... to a fault even ... and in the face of everything else current, popular or accepted they just forged this weird little world of their own ... musically, culturally, socially ... something that's unmistakable when considering/debating who they were and what they did.

As for Frank ... yeah well same kinda deal, right ...

It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

Helen83

Got the record yesterday and super happy with it.

If anyone wants the Sebadoh download code that came with it first pm gets it.

meezer

Quote from: Helen83 on May 13, 2014, 01:02:41 PM
Got the record yesterday and super happy with it.

If anyone wants the Sebadoh download code that came with it first pm gets it.
i got one, too. If his is gone, try me. Hoping it goes to a seBADoh fan, and not a Grayfro. :D
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

rictus

Is that Sebadoh bad or something? I haven't downloaded mine yet.

Grayfro

Don't worry Meezslice, I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole!

meezer

Sebadoh is the greatest!  I just bought the CD when it hit the streets last year. I love the album, but that download code won't be finding it's way into my Walkman! So i want to give it to a melvinmaniac who wants it.

benfromhell

Going back to this record today and loving it. Great to listen to at work..anyone else digging this album as much as I am? Any other recommendations on similar vibe drum recordings I an get my hands on?
WTF ROCHESTER NY

Bro Hammer

Quote from: benfromhell on January 22, 2015, 07:46:02 AM
Going back to this record today and loving it. Great to listen to at work..anyone else digging this album as much as I am? Any other recommendations on similar vibe drum recordings I an get my hands on?

I really love it too. I guess Max Roach M'BOOM is a good place to start. It's the album that inspired Hew Time and it's fantastic. Especially when you throw both on a playlist and hit shuffle!

benfromhell

Quote from: Bro Hammer on January 22, 2015, 03:42:47 PM

I really love it too. I guess Max Roach M'BOOM is a good place to start. It's the album that inspired Hew Time and it's fantastic. Especially when you throw both on a playlist and hit shuffle!

THANKS!
WTF ROCHESTER NY

brian

I really like listening to So Percussion's stuff, here's a clip of them performing a steve reich piece and a performance they did here in minneapolis a couple years ago. they're typically all percussion but the performance did have some guitar and electronic stuff at times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHvFptGVUnA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRIcVO46gKc

black stallion

i must admit i wasn't too much into this thing. yeah,i just said something involving Crover didn't impress me too much...

call the doctor!
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

(PAUL)

Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

Captain Howdy

Quote from: black stallion on January 23, 2015, 02:33:08 PM
i must admit i wasn't too much into this thing. yeah,i just said something involving Crover didn't impress me too much...

call the doctor!

Somebody call an ambulance!  :o