HEW TIME - All Drumming album from Dale, Coady, and Joe Plummer

Started by Grayfro, October 15, 2013, 07:01:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

meezer

Possibly in the same vein as this great record. Who knows?

Joyful Noise record company magnate announces New Dale Crover record goes on sale tomorrow for VIP members only (  :-k time to join? )!

The thing has 6 freakin holes! Got that, Shia Lebuff? HOLES! approx six o them!  :shock:

"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

moose

Well, we'll always have "In the Air Tonight." Will that be your most enduring song?
You know, that song won't lie down. It just won't go away. I mean, there's a Mike Tyson moment associated with it now. It's just bizarre. I guess it has a bit of mystery, a lot of atmosphere, and the drums coming in, pinning people to the wall.

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: moose on August 25, 2016, 10:03:58 PM
I don't get it
Six holes, with corresponding grooves, that allow you to move the record so you hear a different song for each hole.  I'm assuming you get six different songs? drum solos? by Dale.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

buddy holiday

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on August 25, 2016, 10:20:27 PM
Quote from: moose on August 25, 2016, 10:03:58 PM
I don't get it
Six holes, with corresponding grooves, that allow you to move the record so you hear a different song for each hole.  I'm assuming you get six different songs? drum solos? by Dale.
correct, it's 12 if you flip the record... for die hards only... i pass, this thing is super fragile, plus its lathe cut and will sound respectivly...

deatheats

Already sold out...they were $100 a pop, total of 127 made.
I really wanted one, but I've been buying a bit too much of late.

"This 12-sided record format required Crover to work within a highly constraining framework... kind of like a haiku. To comply with the format, Crover had to compose twelve separate pieces of music, each less than 30 seconds in length. What emerged from this rigid experiment were twelve distinct musical trajectories, which have themselves become the seeds for Crover's upcoming full-length album (slated for release in 2017)."

01. Slide On Up (0:27)
02. The Short Con (0:26)
03. Our Supreme Leader (0:16)
04. String Bean (0:32)
05. Why Not? (0:11)
06. Prismo (0:15)
07. Trick Dirt (0:29)
08. Chicken Ala King (0:30)
09. Vulnavia (0:30)
10. None No More (0:31)
11. Horse Pills (0:30)
12. Just Walk Around (0:29)

Jozzy

Idlehanz

deatheats

Quote from: Idlehanz on August 26, 2016, 11:25:48 AM
Really? I never even got an email. Shit.

I feel your pain!  In fact if I hadn't originally missed the War Pussy 10" when it came out, I wouldn't have bought it on ebay last night and might have spent that money on this instead.

Oh wells, can't win em all.

deatheats

Quote from: Jozzy on August 26, 2016, 11:25:22 AM
100 dollars for 5 minutes and 3 seconds of music :?

Joyful noise even expected this response  :lol:

"A note about the price: Yes, it would be totally insane to pay $100 for 5 minutes of audio. But music is not all you are buying here. This is one of the most unique records ever made in the history of music. Each of the 127 copies required over an hour of work to make, not to mention the countless hours that were put into the design, composition and recording. If you cannot afford this art object, feel free to wait for Dale's full-length. But to those who can afford it, you can comfort yourself in the knowledge that in the not-too-distant future this record will be sold on Ebay for a far more obscene amount of money. $100 is the least expensive price you'll ever see for this one-of-a-kind record."

bUTTHOLEmAN

kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

GrimReaper

I just can't see paying $5 bucks a month to be a VIP. I mean, I spend more that that on one drink most of the time, but that's just my opinion.

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: GrimReaper on August 26, 2016, 12:00:46 PM

I just can't see paying $5 bucks a month to be a VIP. I mean, I spend more that that on one drink most of the time, but that's just my opinion.
The owner of the label posted an ad on facebook, saying more or less 'this isn't an ad, but I'm going to be selling a rare Dale Crover album on Friday!'  What is it?  'Oh, I can't tell you, I want subscribers to get first chance, but you can pay $5 to find out tomorrow!'  :-s

kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes

Jozzy

Quote from: deatheats on August 26, 2016, 11:42:14 AM
Quote from: Jozzy on August 26, 2016, 11:25:22 AM
100 dollars for 5 minutes and 3 seconds of music :?

Joyful noise even expected this response  :lol:

"A note about the price: Yes, it would be totally insane to pay $100 for 5 minutes of audio. But music is not all you are buying here. This is one of the most unique records ever made in the history of music. Each of the 127 copies required over an hour of work to make, not to mention the countless hours that were put into the design, composition and recording. If you cannot afford this art object, feel free to wait for Dale's full-length. But to those who can afford it, you can comfort yourself in the knowledge that in the not-too-distant future this record will be sold on Ebay for a far more obscene amount of money. $100 is the least expensive price you'll ever see for this one-of-a-kind record."

:lol: Don't get me wrong, if I was flush with cash I would buy it...it looks awesome.

black stallion

Quote from: deatheats on August 26, 2016, 11:17:59 AM
which have themselves become the seeds for Crover's upcoming full-length album (slated for release in 2017)."

8-[
Charmicarmicat:Bastards