no. bad melvins. bad

Started by bonzo, August 15, 2011, 10:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bonzo

i searched "melvins suck", just to see what i could find and thought there should be a thread for it.  anything from reviews, internet comments, peoples in realities comments or stories (e.g. audience reaction while they were opening for someone else, like jacksonville).

i came across this in my brief search.

QuoteThe Melvins do suck, and I refuse to take your flame bait.

Death Metal IS better because it's substantive, technical and actually takes skill to play, unlike Grunge which was led by college dropout fartknockers that strummed guitars and moaned about how "alternative" their music was to the rest of Billboard. Death Metal won't EVER be Billboard, nor mainstream, because society won't accept it. That's why it's superior in every single way to Grunge, a dead music movement championed by a loser that killed himself at the height of his success.

Go trash me on the Shitlist with everybody else.

I CAN PLY 1000BPM DOUBLE PEDALZ!! I R AMZINGLYY SKILLIED!! OOOOO LOOK AT ME I SLAP MY BASSS LIKE IM JERKING OFF MY DOGG!ONE!!1! OMG!!! I SOLO THE ENTIRE SONG WITHOUT ANY REGARD TO WHAT MY BAND IS PLAYYIN! lET ME SHOW YOU SOME LYRIKS OF MINEZ. SOCIETYES DONT ACCEPT ME CUZ I DRESS LIKE KISS! I R FAR SUPRERORR TO GRUNGE CUZ INOT FAMOUS.

RAWWRRRRR, GRRRRR, BREEEEE, GRAWL, GROWLLL, AHHHHGROWWWWHHHHL.
I R SO LYRICALS.

(PAUL)

From various forums and a quick google search:
i cant believe you brought them up, they fucking suck. end of thread
I'm sure I'll get all kinds of crap for this...but, am I in the minority of the people that really can't stand the Melvins? Seriously, I really, really don't like them. If you do though...I'm glad you enjoy. At least they liked Kiss at one point...ha.
Q: Who else think the Melvins are awful?
A: People with any taste in music
The Melvins suck big time. They opened up for RUSH on one of RUSH's tours and people didn't know what to make of them.
I have never heard their music. So I can't comment on it. However the band name is awful. I guess The Jack-Offs was already taken?
i'm not into Nirvana, but the Melvins are terrible.
melvins fans are people who literally hate music.
i think a lot of their fans are the type that desperately care what other people think of them
I have to say the melvins have some awesome songs you just have to sift through the vast amount of shit they have put out there.
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

Idlehanz

Quote from: (PAUL) on August 15, 2011, 11:59:22 PM

I find this to be the funniest thing I've read in a long time.  Do you remember where you found it?

dead mike

Quote from: rhyme orange on August 15, 2011, 10:47:32 PM
i searched "melvins suck", just to see what i could find and thought there should be a thread for it.  anything from reviews, internet comments, peoples in realities comments or stories (e.g. audience reaction while they were opening for someone else, like jacksonville).
Hey! I grew up in Jacksonville. But yeah, I think I have an idea what you're talking about.
Can you all shut your damn cocks for one second? Music is the only thing that's real in this queef world of dildo ass chodes.

- hemispheres

TheLegitMan93

This whole thread so far is chock-full of comedic gold. Especially the "Melvins fans = music haters" part. It's not like just anyone could write the type of stuff they were playing on "Ozma" anyways.

buddy holiday

hahaha... more of this please!

bonzo

Most of the people who say they like the Melvins have never heard the Melvins.
There's maybe 7 decent songs in their entire catalog, and one is a Kiss cover

Big name band that I could never get into in the slightest.
Their music bores me to tears. I have never felt any of the things that their fans claim to feel upon listening to them. Crap.

Schnabster

I`m pretty sure you can find tons on any other artist or band. Are there any artist or band out there, dead or alive, who hasn`t got haters?

Anyhow, it`s better that people have an opinion, than no opinion.

glen

there is very little in the world that makes me happier than hearing/reading the phrase "melvins suck".
it means they're still the MELVINS.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

black stallion

lately  i noticed most of the people say melvins rules,they're godfather of sludge etc..not sure if it's a good thing
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

(PAUL)

Quote from: Idlehanz on August 16, 2011, 12:06:12 AM
Quote from: (PAUL) on August 15, 2011, 11:59:22 PM

I find this to be the funniest thing I've read in a long time.  Do you remember where you found it?

It was in a Howard Stern forum after Dale was on. The topic was "Who else think the Melvins are awful?"
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

(((O)))

Great idea for a thread.

Its not really a suck moment but the level of disappointment i feel after the initial kickass intro to The Water Glass leads to what follows deflates me everytime. Colossus too. Still, not a bad return on a 30 year, multi release career now is it?

MrLuck87

Quote from: Schnabster on August 16, 2011, 06:01:19 AM
Are there any artist or band out there, dead or alive, who hasn`t got haters?

Apparently no one dislikes Henry Mancini.  I've yet to be proven wrong on this.  *waits for bigfil*

(((O)))

black stallion

Quote from: )))((( on August 16, 2011, 11:48:35 AM
Quote from: MrLuck87 on August 16, 2011, 11:46:12 AM
Apparently no one dislikes Henry Mancini.
:-k

i think 90% of the people on this forum will not understand why you posted that pic  :lol:
Charmicarmicat:Bastards