Melvins Tabs

Started by Green Honey, November 29, 2004, 10:21:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green Honey

Green Honey

Quote from: CaptainPungent on May 04, 2006, 01:00:16 PMsomeone should tab the new version of pearl bomb on drums..
tabbing this would be a waste of time, it's not even that complex. just listen to it again and again until you know what he's hitting and when. it'll help if you slow it down as well.

CaptainPungent

Quote from: Green Honey on May 17, 2006, 01:13:53 PM
Quote from: CaptainPungent on May 04, 2006, 01:00:16 PMsomeone should tab the new version of pearl bomb on drums..
tabbing this would be a waste of time, it's not even that complex. just listen to it again and again until you know what he's hitting and when. it'll help if you slow it down as well.
i know.
his floor tom and bass drum sound so identical though...

skizm_bts

Leigh

I'm pretty sure The Fool, The Meddling Idiot is tuned down to a dropped A. Just like Boris, Koollegged and possibly others.

Green Honey

Quote from: Leigh on May 21, 2006, 01:54:07 AM
I'm pretty sure The Fool, The Meddling Idiot is tuned down to a dropped A. Just like Boris, Koollegged and possibly others.
hmm i'll check this lateer

Andy

Das ist correct. One Tool song and some songs and Fugazi: Red Medicine. I love a bit of drop A.
For your health!

Green Honey

Quote from: Andy on May 21, 2006, 11:13:49 AM

Das ist correct. One Tool song and some songs and Fugazi: Red Medicine. I love a bit of drop A.
changed it now.

klump

are these songs played in drop A live too?

Green Honey

klump

hmmm...does that mean that most of the songs are played lower than drop d?
cause it must be a bitch to tune up from drop A to drop D while playing a set, cause they always have sets who just gels so good.
its like a well oiled machine.

Green Honey

Quote from: klump on June 05, 2006, 10:17:54 AM
hmmm...does that mean that most of the songs are played lower than drop d?
cause it must be a bitch to tune up from drop A to drop D while playing a set, cause they always have sets who just gels so good.
its like a well oiled machine.
thats what drum solos are for :)

CaptainPungent

green, do you have drum tabs for the second half of 'let it all be'?

i'm mainly concerned with what he hits, if you can put up a list of what the effects are, it'd be much appreciated.

Green Honey

Quote from: CaptainPungent on June 06, 2006, 12:26:00 PM
green, do you have drum tabs for the second half of 'let it all be'?

i'm mainly concerned with what he hits, if you can put up a list of what the effects are, it'd be much appreciated.

how does this sound? i don't have dale's drumset, or any drumset for that matter so i can't
try it out but it's the best i can do for now. not really sure about what he's hitting to be honest.

LET IT ALL BE (album version, second part)

RC: Rhythm Crasher
CB: Cowbell
SB: Snare Brush   
FC: Finger Cymbal   
TB: Tambourine 
Bd: Bass Drum

1 + 2 + 3 + 4 +  1 + 2 + 3 + 4 +  1 + 2 + 3 + 4 +  1 + 2 + 3 + 4 +
   RC|----------------|----------------|----------------|--------o-o-----|
   CB|----------------|----------------|----------------|--------------o-|
   SB|----------------|----------------|----------o-----|-o----o---------|
   FC|----------------|o---------------|----------------|----------------|
   TB|----------------|----------------|o-o-o-o-o---o---|o-o-------------|
   Bd|o-o-o-o-o-------|----------o-----|----------------|------------o---|
   Note:                         ^ occasionally there's reverb on this bass drum hit.

klump

Ive seen them use different octave pedals (not the blue box, other ones) maybe they just tune d-drop (or c- drop) and just use those pedals for a "lower" effect?