themelvins.net bbs

MELVINS => Melvins Discussion => Topic started by: Живојиновић on August 30, 2008, 12:04:58 PM

Title: aluminum geetar
Post by: Живојиновић on August 30, 2008, 12:04:58 PM
http://www.electricalguitarcompany.com/standard_guitar.html


Buzz took delivery of it in Atlanta. It's set up like a Les Paul. The luthier is named Kevin. I dinked around on it; I shall be ordering a like custom one next week.
Title: Re: aluminum geetar
Post by: anaconda on August 30, 2008, 12:15:46 PM
Is Albini a partner or owner of the company??

electrical guitars?
electrical audio?
Title: Re: aluminum geetar
Post by: norecess on August 30, 2008, 12:22:19 PM
From http://www.electricalguitarcompany.com/news.html

Without anyone of these people these guitars would have never happened...

Will Fitzpatrick Jr, Steve Albini, Jake Zigiloli, Jason Phillips, Tim Midgett, Jim Destafney at Blues Angel Music, Rusty at Rockhaus, Chad Briggs, Alex Steward, Clay Davis, Tony Martinez, Greg Kurczewski, Jake at Playhard Music, all the dealers, and Rich Fessler.
Title: Re: aluminum geetar
Post by: supernaut on August 30, 2008, 02:55:59 PM
Quote from: Живојиновић on August 30, 2008, 12:04:58 PM
http://www.electricalguitarcompany.com/standard_guitar.html


Buzz took delivery of it in Atlanta. It's set up like a Les Paul. The luthier is named Kevin. I dinked around on it; I shall be ordering a like custom one next week.


"luthier". that's about the coolest job title i've ever heard.
Title: Re: aluminum geetar
Post by: Smellis on August 30, 2008, 09:45:21 PM
Awesome. That's why I thought it was Tim's guitar, it has a similar headstock from a distance. But Tim has a "T" machined into the headstock of his. Tim's also has a wooden body. This is from the Scottsdale show:

(http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f122/crover/BUZZO1.jpg)
Title: Re: aluminum geetar
Post by: Ron Maiden on August 31, 2008, 10:42:28 AM
i thought tim's was bean
Title: Re: aluminum geetar
Post by: FartLips on August 31, 2008, 10:53:42 AM
Quote from: armofinfant on August 31, 2008, 10:42:28 AM
i thought tim's was bean
it is.

(http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h132/fartlips/298086428_b66522906d.jpg)
Title: Re: aluminum geetar
Post by: violent office on August 31, 2008, 04:05:54 PM
I know someone that owns one of these guitars.
Both of the guitarists in the band Oxes also had a couple of these made for them.
Title: Re: aluminum geetar
Post by: stonerwitch on August 31, 2008, 04:10:04 PM
I love the fact that you can see every greasy handprint on it when he's playing it. Filthy.
Title: Re: aluminum geetar
Post by: BeerNinja on September 01, 2008, 08:13:23 PM
what is it with the aluminium guitars? Is it the sustaaaaain?
I want a guitar completely made of brick!
Title: Re: aluminum geetar
Post by: anaconda on September 01, 2008, 08:38:37 PM
maybe its just for the durability. buzz has had the neck on his Les Paul broken 6 times apparently.
Title: Re: aluminum geetar
Post by: Ron Maiden on September 01, 2008, 09:13:30 PM
Quote from: BeerNinja on September 01, 2008, 08:13:23 PM
what is it with the aluminium guitars? Is it the sustaaaaain?
I want a guitar completely made of brick!

i use an aluminum neck Kramer bass and i just love the tone. its somehting about the strings sitting on metal that gives it an "icy" kinda tone. listen to Shellac Terraform and feel the aluminum.
Title: Re: aluminum geetar
Post by: Idlehanz on September 01, 2008, 09:30:45 PM
Wow.....Looks very nice.  Maybe it's to blind all the people using the flash's on their cell phones to take pics :)
Title: Re: aluminum geetar
Post by: Dr.Benway on September 01, 2008, 10:17:45 PM
Maybe Buzz has gone green. Save the trees.
Title: Re: aluminum geetar
Post by: FartLips on September 01, 2008, 10:34:41 PM
nah, its his love for METAL!!!
Title: Re: aluminum geetar
Post by: Dr.Benway on September 01, 2008, 10:41:48 PM
Quote from: OLD FART LIPS on September 01, 2008, 10:34:41 PM
nah, its his love for METAL!!!
ding! ding! ding! winner
Title: Re: aluminum geetar
Post by: violent office on September 02, 2008, 12:26:46 AM
Quote from: armofinfant on September 01, 2008, 09:13:30 PM
Quote from: BeerNinja on September 01, 2008, 08:13:23 PM
what is it with the aluminium guitars? Is it the sustaaaaain?
I want a guitar completely made of brick!

i use an aluminum neck Kramer bass and i just love the tone. its somehting about the strings sitting on metal that gives it an "icy" kinda tone. listen to Shellac Terraform and feel the aluminum.

"Sever Exposure" by Six Finger Satellite is another good example.  Something about it that makes it sound like it's practically jumping out of the speakers.  I'd really like to hear some stuff on the next Melvins record with this new guitar.
Title: Re: aluminum geetar
Post by: black stallion on September 02, 2008, 05:03:01 AM
Quote from: Dr.Benway on September 01, 2008, 10:17:45 PM
Maybe Buzz has gone green. Save the trees.
:lol:
Title: Re: aluminum geetar
Post by: glen on September 02, 2008, 07:16:58 AM
Quote from: Живојиновић on August 30, 2008, 12:04:58 PM
http://www.electricalguitarcompany.com/standard_guitar.html


Buzz took delivery of it in Atlanta. It's set up like a Les Paul. The luthier is named Kevin. I dinked around on it; I shall be ordering a like custom one next week.


the day I thought I'd see buzz osborne being untrue to his les paul.....

*shakes head in minor disgust*

I bet that sumbitchy is nice and light though. 
Title: Re: aluminum geetar
Post by: Ron Maiden on September 02, 2008, 01:18:21 PM
Quote from: glen on September 02, 2008, 07:16:58 AM
Quote from: Живојиновић on August 30, 2008, 12:04:58 PM
http://www.electricalguitarcompany.com/standard_guitar.html


Buzz took delivery of it in Atlanta. It's set up like a Les Paul. The luthier is named Kevin. I dinked around on it; I shall be ordering a like custom one next week.


the day I thought I'd see buzz osborne being untrue to his les paul.....




*shakes head in minor disgust*

I bet that sumbitchy is nice and light though. 


did you not see him playing a gay looking baby blue SG with Fanto?

actually its way heavier. at;least my bass is heavy. and it has an "icey" tone to it.
Title: Re: aluminum geetar
Post by: BeerNinja on September 02, 2008, 05:26:18 PM
I saw the guitarist from The Jesus Lizard playing an alu  on some photo or live footage. I allways wondered why the guitars sound so brilliant on their albums but maybe he just had new strings on them.
Title: Re: aluminum geetar
Post by: Smellis on September 02, 2008, 05:53:16 PM
Quote from: armofinfant on September 02, 2008, 01:18:21 PM
Quote from: glen on September 02, 2008, 07:16:58 AM
Quote from: Живојиновић on August 30, 2008, 12:04:58 PM
http://www.electricalguitarcompany.com/standard_guitar.html


Buzz took delivery of it in Atlanta. It's set up like a Les Paul. The luthier is named Kevin. I dinked around on it; I shall be ordering a like custom one next week.


the day I thought I'd see buzz osborne being untrue to his les paul.....




*shakes head in minor disgust*

I bet that sumbitchy is nice and light though. 


did you not see him playing a gay looking baby blue SG with Fanto?

actually its way heavier. at;least my bass is heavy. and it has an "icey" tone to it.

That's Crover's baby blue SG he uses with Fantomas.  It was given to him by Kurdt Kobain.
Title: Re: aluminum geetar
Post by: Ron Maiden on September 02, 2008, 06:07:11 PM
QuoteI saw the guitarist from The Jesus Lizard playing an alu  on some photo or live footage. I allways wondered why the guitars sound so brilliant on their albums but maybe he just had new strings on them.

did someone say jesus Lizard?

oh yes Duane Denison used Travis Beans alot in the past. im sure theyre all over the albums up to Shot. I don;t rememebr seeing a whole lot of Beans on the tours after Shot.

Title: Re: aluminum geetar
Post by: FartLips on September 02, 2008, 06:09:24 PM
Quote from: armofinfant on September 02, 2008, 06:07:11 PM
QuoteI saw the guitarist from The Jesus Lizard playing an alu  on some photo or live footage. I allways wondered why the guitars sound so brilliant on their albums but maybe he just had new strings on them.

did someone say jesus Lizard?

oh yes Duane Denison used Travis Beans alot in the past. im sure theyre all over the albums up to Shot. I don;t rememebr seeing a whole lot of Beans on the tours after Shot.


he's using gibson and fernandes now.
Title: Re: aluminum geetar
Post by: Doody the Clown on September 02, 2008, 10:56:26 PM
Quote from: armofinfant on September 02, 2008, 01:18:21 PM
did you not see him playing a gay looking baby blue SG with Fanto?

That and whatever he is playing in the video for Revolve.

(http://www.isarapix.org/pix65/1220414173.jpg)
Title: Re: aluminum geetar
Post by: gesundheit on September 03, 2008, 02:19:00 AM
And I think he is playing an Ampeg guitar after We Reach on Salad of a Thousand Delights
Title: Re: aluminum geetar
Post by: Ron Maiden on September 03, 2008, 06:08:37 AM
Quote from: Doody the Clown on September 02, 2008, 10:56:26 PM
Quote from: armofinfant on September 02, 2008, 01:18:21 PM
did you not see him playing a gay looking baby blue SG with Fanto?

That and whatever he is playing in the video for Revolve.

(http://www.isarapix.org/pix65/1220414173.jpg)

i almost positive thats a Peavy guitar. but im not positive so please dont bash me.
Title: Re: aluminum geetar
Post by: bathroom creep on September 03, 2008, 10:18:26 AM
What about this one?

(http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg118/bathroomcreep/buzzNlori.jpg?t=1220454200)
Title: Re: aluminum geetar
Post by: (PAUL) on September 03, 2008, 05:45:11 PM
(http://www.toolarmy.com/images/news/buzzguitar.jpg)
Title: Re: aluminum geetar
Post by: grays harbor mafia on September 05, 2008, 01:00:53 AM
Quote from: PAUL on September 03, 2008, 05:45:11 PM
(http://www.toolarmy.com/images/news/buzzguitar.jpg)

THAT IS THE COOLEST GUITAR EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Title: Re: aluminum geetar
Post by: black stallion on September 05, 2008, 09:46:51 AM
from the last show in Argentina
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3057/2830638446_898e7bedf1.jpg)
Title: Re: aluminum geetar
Post by: Smellis on September 05, 2008, 09:57:31 AM
Do you have more pics from last night's show??
Title: Re: aluminum geetar
Post by: black stallion on September 05, 2008, 10:05:25 AM
No,i found casually two pics from that show at this link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gulliver/
Title: Re: aluminum geetar
Post by: ManWithNoName on September 05, 2008, 10:07:21 AM
Did Buzz retire the Les Paul? Or does he only whip out the aluminum for a few songs?
Title: Re: aluminum geetar
Post by: bathroom creep on September 08, 2008, 04:31:02 PM
(http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg118/bathroomcreep/DSC02152.png?t=1220908682)

It does look pretty sweet.
Title: Re: aluminum geetar
Post by: Idlehanz on September 08, 2008, 05:13:33 PM
Quote from: bathroom creep on September 08, 2008, 04:31:02 PM
(http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg118/bathroomcreep/DSC02152.png?t=1220908682)

It does look pretty sweet.

That thing's gorgeous.  I want to hear it.
Title: Re: aluminum geetar
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on September 09, 2008, 12:53:54 AM
I can't help but think the Lez Paul would have a fuller sound, though.
Title: Re: aluminum geetar
Post by: FartLips on September 09, 2008, 01:11:22 AM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on September 09, 2008, 12:53:54 AM
I can't help but think the Lez Paul would have a fuller sound, though.
more mids for sure. but i think he could compensate a bit with the 15's.
Title: Re: aluminum geetar
Post by: maffymaff on January 15, 2009, 05:21:20 PM
Quote from: kingnimrod on January 15, 2009, 05:17:05 PM
mine came today:

(http://gallery.me.com/sleepwalk/100008/EGC_SUNN/web.jpg)

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiccccccccccccccccccccceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Want one!
Title: Re: aluminum geetar
Post by: tommyhc on January 15, 2009, 05:22:02 PM
Envy
Title: Re: aluminum geetar
Post by: FartLips on January 15, 2009, 05:32:27 PM
i'd hate to have to play outside on a cold day.
Title: Re: aluminum geetar
Post by: Andy on January 15, 2009, 05:37:45 PM
I imagine Gene Simmons licking it with his stupid tongue outside on a icy cold day and it getting stuck to it. It is an amusing image.
Title: Re: aluminum geetar
Post by: bathroom creep on January 15, 2009, 06:45:12 PM
Quote from: kingnimrod on January 15, 2009, 05:17:05 PM
mine came today:

(http://gallery.me.com/sleepwalk/100008/EGC_SUNN/web.jpg)


beautiful.
Title: Re: aluminum geetar
Post by: FartLips on January 15, 2009, 06:46:24 PM
how much?
Title: Re: aluminum geetar
Post by: FartLips on January 15, 2009, 09:14:51 PM
not bad.
Title: Re: aluminum geetar
Post by: Rusty Shackleford on January 16, 2009, 03:31:38 AM
how does that thing feel and sound? 

Title: Re: aluminum geetar
Post by: glen on January 16, 2009, 01:44:15 PM
Quote from: kingnimrod on January 15, 2009, 05:17:05 PM
mine came today:

(http://gallery.me.com/sleepwalk/100008/EGC_SUNN/web.jpg)


I see you!
Title: Re: aluminum geetar
Post by: black stallion on January 16, 2009, 01:47:25 PM
Quote from: kingnimrod on January 15, 2009, 05:17:05 PM
mine came today:

(http://gallery.me.com/sleepwalk/100008/EGC_SUNN/web.jpg)

cool and the amp is great too
Title: Re: aluminum geetar
Post by: turnacus on January 16, 2009, 01:48:48 PM
I'll stick with the BC rich warlock TYVM
Title: Re: aluminum geetar
Post by: Ron Maiden on January 16, 2009, 10:40:57 PM
Um, my bass is an aluminum neck, if you want to hear a sample, I used it on the track "Dozens" on myspace.com/armofinfant. I'm not worried about everyone hearing it i'm just suggesting it cuz my bass comes through really good on that song.

it's a Kramer
Title: Re: aluminum geetar
Post by: Dead Cowboy on January 17, 2009, 03:01:46 PM
anybody got pics of that blue sg?
Title: Re: aluminum geetar
Post by: Melvinsaniac on January 17, 2009, 03:13:07 PM
Quote from: Armofinfant on January 16, 2009, 10:40:57 PM
Um, my bass is an aluminum neck, if you want to hear a sample, I used it on the track "Dozens" on myspace.com/armofinfant. I'm not worried about everyone hearing it i'm just suggesting it cuz my bass comes through really good on that song.

it's a Kramer

Sounds nice and chunky.
I like!
Title: Re: aluminum geetar
Post by: The Fool on January 28, 2009, 06:56:25 PM
Quote from: Idlehanz on September 01, 2008, 09:30:45 PM
Wow.....Looks very nice.  Maybe it's to blind all the people using the flash's on their cell phones to take pics :)

I copped a nasty flash during the late show in Melbourne due to a photgrapher taking snaps.
...Buzz said during the show he felt like he was having an acid flashback, and so did I for minute or two after that happened!  :lol:

Thanks for all this info people! He used the same gtr for the last two songs of Fantomas' set at The Palace in Melb. after using his Les Paul for the rest of the show.