themelvins.net bbs

MELVINS => Melvins Discussion => Topic started by: Buick GN on December 02, 2008, 05:16:01 PM

Title: Melvins - 12.27.08 - San Fran. - YES!
Post by: Buick GN on December 02, 2008, 05:16:01 PM
Great American Music Hall - Saturday, December 27.

Tickets go on sale:
Sunday, December 7, 2008 @ 10:00 AM US/Pacific

:D :D :D :D :D

Wooooooooo Hoooooooooooo!

http://www.gamh.com/artist_pages/melvins_122708.htm
Title: Re: Melvins - 12.27.08 - San Fran. - YES!
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on December 02, 2008, 06:38:29 PM
Nice!

Couldn't they have found a more current picture?  :?
Title: Re: Melvins - 12.27.08 - San Fran. - YES!
Post by: M i C H e L L e on December 02, 2008, 08:48:33 PM
Grrrrrr!  I'm so upset!  I tried changing my flight so I can make it to this show, but they wanted to charge me a fee of $204.  I can get a whole new flight for 1/2 that amount.  At this point, I'm not sure what I'm going to do, but I really want to go to this show!
Title: Re: Melvins - 12.27.08 - San Fran. - YES!
Post by: IrvingtonFoster on December 02, 2008, 08:57:38 PM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on December 02, 2008, 06:38:29 PM
Couldn't they have found a more current picture?  :?

i was thinking the same thing :lol:
Title: Re: Melvins - 12.27.08 - San Fran. - YES!
Post by: Buick GN on December 02, 2008, 09:17:03 PM
Quote from: Sweet on December 02, 2008, 08:48:33 PM
Grrrrrr!  I'm so upset!  I tried changing my flight so I can make it to this show, but they wanted to charge me a fee of $204.  I can get a whole new flight for 1/2 that amount.  At this point, I'm not sure what I'm going to do, but I really want to go to this show!
I hope you can make it, M.  :)
Title: Re: Melvins - 12.27.08 - San Fran. - YES!
Post by: gesundheit on December 02, 2008, 11:15:23 PM
damn, I might need to make some arrangements..
Title: Re: Melvins - 12.27.08 - San Fran. - YES!
Post by: anaconda on December 02, 2008, 11:17:25 PM
i love that gamh band pic, its before Buzz got his teeth fixed.
Title: Re: Melvins - 12.27.08 - San Fran. - YES!
Post by: cara on December 03, 2008, 12:30:32 AM
QuoteAge Restrictions: 6+

looks like i won't be making it.

(:D)

Hope everyone thats going has a great time!
Title: Re: Melvins - 12.27.08 - San Fran. - YES!
Post by: TOOL on December 08, 2008, 11:02:28 AM
I'm trying to figure out if I can do this show financially. Is there a reasonably priced hotel close to the GAMH?  I've never been there.
Title: Re: Melvins - 12.27.08 - San Fran. - YES!
Post by: Smellis on December 08, 2008, 12:35:22 PM
I stayed here once for Melvins at GAMH. IT's right around the corner from the venue.

http://www.theopalsf.com/
Title: Re: Melvins - 12.27.08 - San Fran. - YES!
Post by: TOOL on December 08, 2008, 02:49:48 PM
Cool!  Thanks man.  Decent price and it looks like it's within staggering distance.
Title: Re: Melvins - 12.27.08 - San Fran. - YES!
Post by: tycho5 on December 09, 2008, 04:36:02 PM
Any word on the opening bands? Big Biz?

Regardless, see you guys there!
Title: Re: Melvins - 12.27.08 - San Fran. - YES!
Post by: GrimReaper on December 10, 2008, 12:11:14 AM
Quote from: Smellis on December 08, 2008, 12:35:22 PM
I stayed here once for Melvins at GAMH. IT's right around the corner from the venue.

http://www.theopalsf.com/

Smellis picked this place out and it worked out great.

You can leave GAMH and go back to the room to

1) stash you posters and other merch.
2) take a piss between sets
3) get a cold beer.


This reminds me of a story to share with you.

At day two  of the Melvins 5-0 shows I was holding my piss until a break in the action. When I went to use the restroom the line was so fucking long there was no way I was going to make it.

I headed outside with the hope of making it to the Opal to pee. I didn't happen. Streets of San Fran are very busy.

I went to the room in the Opal, took a shower and changed clothes.  I washed my hand stamp off without thinking. Day two had a little blue coupon torn in half that could have come from anywhere. I was really worried they would not let me back in.

But GAMH did let me in and I missed none of the show. 

And don't tell anyone that story 8).

So yeah the Opal is great and close by.



Title: Re: Melvins - 12.27.08 - San Fran. - YES!
Post by: Idlehanz on December 10, 2008, 05:03:28 PM
Quote from: TOOL on December 08, 2008, 02:49:48 PM
Cool!  Thanks man.  Decent price and it looks like it's within staggering distance.
And the closets are comfy too
(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q90/idlehanz/Melvins7128.jpg)
Title: Re: Melvins - 12.27.08 - San Fran. - YES!
Post by: Smellis on December 10, 2008, 06:31:45 PM
Ha did not know you peed yerself Grim. I won't tell  :o

Idle was a "closet" MELVINS fan. After ATP he is no longer "in the closet".

Title: Re: Melvins - 12.27.08 - San Fran. - YES!
Post by: gesundheit on December 12, 2008, 03:26:28 PM
Those blankets are the BEST!! He seemed well taken care of..

I just got my tickets to this show!! One more big Melvins event for the year..yay for seeing them six times in one year!
Title: Re: Melvins - 12.27.08 - San Fran. - YES!
Post by: Buick GN on December 15, 2008, 07:49:27 PM
FUCK YES!

(http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b287/BuickGN/Oakland%20at%20SF%20June%202008/IMG_0063.jpg)
Title: Re: Melvins - 12.27.08 - San Fran. - YES!
Post by: Idlehanz on December 16, 2008, 06:59:43 PM
Quote from: gesundheit on December 12, 2008, 03:26:28 PM
Those blankets are the BEST!! He seemed well taken care of..
It was very comfy for being free.  I have no complaints.
Title: Re: Melvins - 12.27.08 - San Fran. - YES!
Post by: gesundheit on December 16, 2008, 11:51:01 PM
Quote from: Buick GN on December 15, 2008, 07:49:27 PM
FUCK YES!


"Stretch" FTW
Title: Re: Melvins - 12.27.08 - San Fran. - YES!
Post by: Buick GN on December 23, 2008, 07:27:43 PM
What's the camera policy at the GAMH? Are they allowed? I don't see any information regarding cameras on their site.
Title: Re: Melvins - 12.27.08 - San Fran. - YES!
Post by: gesundheit on December 23, 2008, 08:33:54 PM
I've only ever brought in a SLR. They were cool with that.
Title: Re: Melvins - 12.27.08 - San Fran. - YES!
Post by: Buick GN on December 23, 2008, 08:36:29 PM
Quote from: gesundheit on December 23, 2008, 08:33:54 PM
I've only ever brought in a SLR. They were cool with that.
Thank you.
Title: Re: Melvins - 12.27.08 - San Fran. - YES!
Post by: Idlehanz on December 23, 2008, 09:48:25 PM
Quote from: Buick on December 23, 2008, 07:27:43 PM
What's the camera policy at the GAMH? Are they allowed? I don't see any information regarding cameras on their site.
I had no problem on the first night of the Jello 5-0 shows getting my video camera in.  The second night they weren't going to let me in due to Jello having his own people filming, but the manager of the GAMH let me in with it :)
Title: Re: Melvins - 12.27.08 - San Fran. - YES!
Post by: Buick GN on December 23, 2008, 10:43:34 PM
Quote from: Idlehanz on December 23, 2008, 09:48:25 PM
Quote from: Buick on December 23, 2008, 07:27:43 PM
What's the camera policy at the GAMH? Are they allowed? I don't see any information regarding cameras on their site.
I had no problem on the first night of the Jello 5-0 shows getting my video camera in.  The second night they weren't going to let me in due to Jello having his own people filming, but the manager of the GAMH let me in with it :)
Thanks 'hanz.  :)
Title: Re: Melvins - 12.27.08 - San Fran. - YES!
Post by: swampviking on December 23, 2008, 11:48:22 PM
Quote from: Buick on December 23, 2008, 07:27:43 PM
What's the camera policy at the GAMH? Are they allowed? I don't see any information regarding cameras on their site.

I think it's cool as long as it's not a professional set-up.
Title: Re: Melvins - 12.27.08 - San Fran. - YES!
Post by: GrimReaper on December 23, 2008, 11:58:47 PM

To set up a tri-pod in the GAMH will cost you $3000 if I remember right. I had a discussion about it with a bouncer after Dan Raymond was ejected.
Title: Re: Melvins - 12.27.08 - San Fran. - YES!
Post by: Buick GN on December 24, 2008, 05:46:58 PM
Quote from: swampviking on December 23, 2008, 11:48:22 PM
Quote from: Buick on December 23, 2008, 07:27:43 PM
What's the camera policy at the GAMH? Are they allowed? I don't see any information regarding cameras on their site.

I think it's cool as long as it's not a professional set-up.
Gracias, Swampy.
Title: Re: Melvins - 12.27.08 - San Fran. - YES!
Post by: Buick GN on December 24, 2008, 05:48:03 PM
Quote from: GrimReaper on December 23, 2008, 11:58:47 PM

To set up a tri-pod in the GAMH will cost you $3000 if I remember right.
:shock:
Title: Re: Melvins - 12.27.08 - San Fran. - YES!
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on December 24, 2008, 06:02:54 PM
Dan Raymond got kicked out of the GAMH?!?  He must have been rabblerousing!!!  :lol:
Title: Re: Melvins - 12.27.08 - San Fran. - YES!
Post by: Idlehanz on December 24, 2008, 08:30:28 PM
Quote from: GrimReaper on December 23, 2008, 11:58:47 PM

To set up a tri-pod in the GAMH will cost you $3000 if I remember right. I had a discussion about it with a bouncer after Dan Raymond was ejected.
They told me 5K.  Because it goes from bootleg video to pro shot with a tripod.

I don't think he got ejected, he got bitched out.  He was still in the building later.
Title: Re: Melvins - 12.27.08 - San Fran. - YES!
Post by: IrvingtonFoster on December 24, 2008, 08:52:40 PM
(http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk131/vinny01_2008/pineapple-express-craig-robinson-3.jpg)
Title: Re: Melvins - 12.27.08 - San Fran. - YES!
Post by: IrvingtonFoster on December 28, 2008, 06:33:45 AM
goddamn that was a good show, Coady and Jarred were there for most the show, and Trevor Dunn came out and jammed with them all at the end.  They opened with Zodiac, and also played Civilized Worm, Kicking Machine,  the beginning of With Yo Heart Not Yo Hands and ended with Leech.  The metal trio, A History Of Bad Men, Revolve, Dog Island, Suicide In Progress, Nude With Boots, Dies Iraea, and i forget what else.
Title: Re: Melvins - 12.27.08 - San Fran. - YES!
Post by: black stallion on December 28, 2008, 07:38:25 AM
Quote from: IrvingtonFoster on December 28, 2008, 06:33:45 AM
  They opened with Zodiac,  the beginning of With Yo Heart Not Yo Hands and ended with Leech. 
:shock:
Title: Re: Melvins - 12.27.08 - San Fran. - YES!
Post by: norecess on December 28, 2008, 08:08:50 AM
AWESOME!!!

Did they merge With Yo Heart... and Leech into one song?