themelvins.net bbs

MELVINS => Melvins Discussion => Topic started by: Dead Cowboy on January 27, 2009, 02:27:53 PM

Title: Melvins books on 33 1/3?
Post by: Dead Cowboy on January 27, 2009, 02:27:53 PM
http://33third.blogspot.com/2009/01/longlist.html

I think if im reading this right, its just a list of nominations but houdini, Lysol, and bullhead are on this list. Never read a 33 1/3 book, seem kinda stupid and hipstery, but yeah... there it is.
Title: Re: Melvins books on 33 1/3?
Post by: glen on January 27, 2009, 02:30:32 PM
http://www.themelvins.net/forum/index.php?topic=10860.0

rev. mike loves ya.
Title: Re: Melvins books on 33 1/3?
Post by: Dead Cowboy on January 27, 2009, 02:32:46 PM
Right on. Lock this please and Ill be sure to use that search bar in the future.
Title: Re: Melvins books on 33 1/3?
Post by: Rev. Mike on January 27, 2009, 03:26:41 PM
I am nothing if not stupid and hipstery.  I sure hope I get a fucking contract on this.  I know not all the books in the series are winners, but many I have read are quite good.  A lot of the proposals may seem hipstery, but music analysis is far from it.  Now, experimental fiction loosely inspired by an album is a whole other story, but it just might work.
Title: Re: Melvins books on 33 1/3?
Post by: Dead Cowboy on January 27, 2009, 03:40:54 PM
Quote from: Rev. Mike on January 27, 2009, 03:26:41 PM
I am nothing if not stupid and hipstery.  I sure hope I get a fucking contract on this.  I know not all the books in the series are winners, but many I have read are quite good.  A lot of the proposals may seem hipstery, but music analysis is far from it.  Now, experimental fiction loosely inspired by an album is a whole other story, but it just might work.
Oh, man. I feel like a dick now. Didnt know one of our own was in the process till I read the other thread, hats off to you my man.
Title: Re: Melvins books on 33 1/3?
Post by: Rev. Mike on January 27, 2009, 04:35:11 PM
It doesn't matter, your opinion is your own, and if you were looking at the long list of proposals, entirely understandable.  I must steel myself against the hate I will be the recipient of if my book is published.
Title: Re: Melvins books on 33 1/3?
Post by: Dead Cowboy on January 27, 2009, 04:43:20 PM
Quote from: Rev. Mike on January 27, 2009, 04:35:11 PM
It doesn't matter, your opinion is your own, and if you were looking at the long list of proposals, entirely understandable.  I must steel myself against the hate I will be the recipient of if my book is published.

What? Dude a melvins book that is an accurate account of what happened? I'd take a book about Colosuss of Destiny, but instead you choose one of my alltime faves. This is a good thing.
Title: Re: Melvins books on 33 1/3?
Post by: Chief Ten Beers on January 27, 2009, 05:32:05 PM
 I have the "Trout Mask Replica" one & "Double Nickels On The Dime" which are very good. No intent on getting any others, but I would definitely buy a Melvins one.