Do you want to hear a sample from the upcoming remix album?
http://rcrdlbl.com/artists/Melvins/music
this sounded exactly like I thought it would...I'm worried the whole album will be like this.
hopefully some people were able to make decent tracks...this one just sounds like a "patchwork pinchloaf" to borrow a phrase from someone else.
much rather hear eggnog itself, though I'm still holding out hope for other remixer's work.
The other remixes are not like this one. I heard small snippets of the rest of the tracks on Amazon.com. On tracks from Speedranch and Merzbow, you actually can't even decifer which Melvins song was sampled. But then again, it's only 15-second sound snippets, so it's hard to tell.
Quote from: m3kcomp on August 24, 2009, 01:42:35 AM
this sounded exactly like I thought it would...I'm worried the whole album will be like this.
hopefully some people were able to make decent tracks...this one just sounds like a "patchwork pinchloaf" to borrow a phrase from someone else.
much rather hear eggnog itself, though I'm still holding out hope for other remixer's work.
Ditto. There are places in there where he didn't even cut and paste stuff together on the beat. It get's off in a few places. Lame Ranaldo.
Flabwank.
i like what i hear so far. cant wait for this
Quote from: Like Stee on August 24, 2009, 02:33:08 PM
Quote from: m3kcomp on August 24, 2009, 01:42:35 AM
this sounded exactly like I thought it would...I'm worried the whole album will be like this.
hopefully some people were able to make decent tracks...this one just sounds like a "patchwork pinchloaf" to borrow a phrase from someone else.
much rather hear eggnog itself, though I'm still holding out hope for other remixer's work.
Ditto. There are places in there where he didn't even cut and paste stuff together on the beat. It get's off in a few places. Lame Ranaldo.
Yeah thats what pissed me off most about this track its not cut and pasted together on beat and I really think that this wasn't done on purpose to be "artistic" i think its just sloppy
Does anyone know who did this remix? i recognize the drums from Cow,
and the bass runs from the beginning and end of Revolve:
http://www3.sympatico.ca/brad.black/Revolving_Cow.mp3
Quote from: Leroy on August 24, 2009, 01:17:11 PM
The other remixes are not like this one. I heard small snippets of the rest of the tracks on Amazon.com. On tracks from Speedranch and Merzbow, you actually can't even decifer which Melvins song was sampled. But then again, it's only 15-second sound snippets, so it's hard to tell.
I can't imagine it'd be possible to decipher ANYTHING from something done by Merzbow.
http://rcrdlbl.com/artists/Melvins/music
was this created on 2 cassette player/recorders?
lame.
Quote from: anaconda on August 25, 2009, 01:37:41 PM
Does anyone know who did this remix? i recognize the drums from Cow,
and the bass runs from the beginning and end of Revolve:
http://www3.sympatico.ca/brad.black/Revolving_Cow.mp3
the link's kaput
How about this electro version of Let it all Be - I don't recall exactly but maybe it's from themelvins.com ages ago - anyone?
http://www.mediafire.com/file/tmdij5e3zhz/Beatraver1.mp3
Quote from: Green Honey on August 25, 2009, 03:58:08 PM
Quote from: anaconda on August 25, 2009, 01:37:41 PM
Does anyone know who did this remix? i recognize the drums from Cow,
and the bass runs from the beginning and end of Revolve:
http://www3.sympatico.ca/brad.black/Revolving_Cow.mp3
the link's kaput
Thanks Green, I just moved it to a more stable server:
http://thesickos.free.fr/Revolving_Cow.mp3
this remix is embarrassing. i could make a better remix with my asshole.
blame Limewire! It was on there :lol:
I found this remix to be interesting. I have not heard anything by any of the artists on here so I am curious to see what each one did.
i meant the lee ranaldo one, i didn't listen to the other :)
lee ranaldo had some great ideas with some of the arrangements but its pretty sloppy. Who knows maybe he didn't even use any digital gear.
(http://www.exposay.com/celebrity-photos/sammy-hagar-chad-smith-joe-satriani-and-qDyrVs.jpg)
lee ranaldo sux.
fuck dat. what's juan's take?
Quote from: FART LIPS on August 26, 2009, 02:43:17 PM
fuck dat. what's juan's take?
Juan takes it from behind. That's what Juan takes.
Quote from: bigjim on August 25, 2009, 08:01:12 PM
lee ranaldo had some great ideas with some of the arrangements but its pretty sloppy. Who knows maybe he didn't even use any digital gear.
Again, I would kill to have access to an albums worth of studio tapes to play with. I know there's so much more that can be done than just find the bpm and put a drum/dance beat over it.
Quote from: kingnimrod on August 26, 2009, 08:12:03 PM
My understanding is that they gave everyone a full album, not master tracks.
Weird.....It's much different working with just the album and not the masters....Are you sure they didn't get the masters for each album? Because that's a whole different monster.
On the other hand, it was proabably much harder to send each artists all the masters for each album.
I think there's always one bad apple in the bunch. Still looking forward to hearing this album.
Quote from: Idlehanz on August 26, 2009, 08:33:47 PM
Quote from: kingnimrod on August 26, 2009, 08:12:03 PM
My understanding is that they gave everyone a full album, not master tracks.
Weird.....It's much different working with just the album and not the masters....Are you sure they didn't get the masters for each album? Because that's a whole different monster.
On the other hand, it was proabably much harder to send each artists all the masters for each album.
I guess it would depend on if the masters were analog or digital. Analog would be way harder logistically.
Quote from: >>>JZS<<< on August 26, 2009, 08:51:23 PM
Quote from: Idlehanz on August 26, 2009, 08:33:47 PM
Quote from: kingnimrod on August 26, 2009, 08:12:03 PM
My understanding is that they gave everyone a full album, not master tracks.
Weird.....It's much different working with just the album and not the masters....Are you sure they didn't get the masters for each album? Because that's a whole different monster.
On the other hand, it was proabably much harder to send each artists all the masters for each album.
I guess it would depend on if the masters were analog or digital. Analog would be way harder logistically.
it's easy enough to digitize the master tapes and send them out. would have been much better to do it that way.
Quote from: kingnimrod on August 26, 2009, 10:28:01 PM
That would be some expensive/extensive studio time to digitize the masters for that many albums. I read a review of the whole thing today that was very positive. Looking forward to it.
Yep.
Quote from: >>>JZS<<< on August 26, 2009, 08:51:23 PM
Quote from: Idlehanz on August 26, 2009, 08:33:47 PM
Quote from: kingnimrod on August 26, 2009, 08:12:03 PM
My understanding is that they gave everyone a full album, not master tracks.
Weird.....It's much different working with just the album and not the masters....Are you sure they didn't get the masters for each album? Because that's a whole different monster.
On the other hand, it was proabably much harder to send each artists all the masters for each album.
I guess it would depend on if the masters were analog or digital. Analog would be way harder logistically.
buzz should have made them buy the cds and mix off of those. :P
Regardless of how it happened, having the masters would have been phenomenal. Me and a friend put together an experimental "techno" album years ago and it was received well among friends. It's fun to do, but unfortunately it's pretty much like putting a puzzle together. Only all the pieces fit together with all the others. There's no wrong way to do it.
EDIT** Case in point http://www.myspace.com/frizbrauhs
Quote from: FART LIPS on August 26, 2009, 02:43:17 PM
fuck dat. what's juan's take?
Crap.
The whole lot of it.
If Melvins are going to let someone rape their material in the future please let it be someone who can actually produce, mix and remix the hell out of a rhythm and make it funky and bad-ass.
If it isn't funky.....it's crappy. And this is amazingly crappy.
Turns out Grandmaster Juan will not be buying this.
I hope this sorts things out for you Fart Eyes.
Quote from: Grandmaster Juan on August 27, 2009, 09:58:40 AM
Quote from: FART LIPS on August 26, 2009, 02:43:17 PM
fuck dat. what's juan's take?
Crap.
The whole lot of it.
If Melvins are going to let someone rape their material in the future please let it be someone who can actually produce, mix and remix the hell out of a rhythm and make it funky and bad-ass.
If it isn't funky.....it's crappy. And this is amazingly crappy.
Turns out Grandmaster Juan will not be buying this.
I hope this sorts things out for you Fart Eyes.
give us a remix track juan
grandmaster juan, you might just want to buy it track by track.
I kind of dug the Lee Renaldo "mix". It sounds like the Eggnog CD skipping. Granted it is kind of lazy, though.
I kind of want to hear a Juan remix...
and Joe deautroms avatar is nauseating.
Quote from: Uncle Fester on August 27, 2009, 10:29:24 PM
I kind of want to hear a Juan remix...
I see. interesting.
i'm content that DJ AM's mix didn't make the cut.
strange you should mention him
http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/08/28/obit.dj.am/index.html
Quote from: I am the Sun on August 29, 2009, 02:22:48 AM
strange you should mention him
http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/08/28/obit.dj.am/index.html
dj who ? ......oh that guy. :?
Quote from: FART LIPS on August 27, 2009, 11:34:37 AM
grandmaster juan, you might just want to buy it track by track.
MP3's are for sissy boys.
Grandmaster Juan is an all or nothing type of guy.