Howdy folks, new user long time Melvins obbsessive, not sure of board conduct (secret handshakes and sly winks)
so pardon me barging in with a new topic..
Anyone ever heard of any weird misspressings before?
I have a copy of the Dale Crover solo ep that is infatc, when played, a Secret Chiefs 3 album..
It is NOT a bootleg, a copy, a cd-r, not anything like that. It's the genuine album on Boner/Tupelo, the proper disc ( i have the Buzz and Joe eps too) and i bought it with the import seal intact un-opened,
but when you play it, sure enough it's the 21 tracks of First Grand Constitution and Bylaws by secret Secret Chiefs 3.
Obviously this was released after Dale Crover ('92) so it must be a repressing.
Anyone heard of this before, some in-joke i've missed out on perhaps??!
sounds fishy.
like maybe someone is screwing with your head.
Quote from: glen on October 06, 2009, 05:28:30 AM
sounds fishy.
like maybe someone is screwing with your head.
no, I had the same thing happen to me once. I bought a copy of Sleep's Holy Mountain directly from Earache Records, and when I played it, it was Morbid Angel's Blessed Are The Sick. Needless to say, I still have that disc.
Yep, I've had it happen too. I bought a CD of some excerpts of the Ring cycle by Wagner, and it turned out to be Journey's greatest hits. Sounds like you guys got stuff that was at least in a similar style of music. Imagine thinking you're popping in the ride of the valkyries, and hear Journey. Really fucked with my head. I emailed the record company and they sent me the proper CD free of charge and didn't ask for the old one back. So now I have two copies of Wagner, one of which is Wagner, the other is Journey. I like to hand that one out to people and tell to have a listen, it's some great opera.
I've had it happen a few times. The first time was a cassette of an Exodus album. It had some bad fake reggae.
The best one I have is a copy of Dead Kennedys - Fresh Fruit For Rotting Vegetables that contains some christian radio show instead. The story I've heard is that the mix up went the other way too. Some Christian radio stations were sent copies and didn't check them before they aired it. The thought that some of them accidentally aired "Kill the Poor" just warms my heart.
Nice stories, you guys must own a lot of albums - never heard of this before either.
Quote from: wekilledbambi on October 06, 2009, 05:18:06 AM
Howdy folks, new user long time Melvins obbsessive, not sure of board conduct (secret handshakes and sly winks)
so pardon me barging in with a new topic..
Anyone ever heard of any weird misspressings before?
I have a copy of the Dale Crover solo ep that is infatc, when played, a Secret Chiefs 3 album..
It is NOT a bootleg, a copy, a cd-r, not anything like that. It's the genuine album on Boner/Tupelo, the proper disc ( i have the Buzz and Joe eps too) and i bought it with the import seal intact un-opened,
but when you play it, sure enough it's the 21 tracks of First Grand Constitution and Bylaws by secret Secret Chiefs 3.
Obviously this was released after Dale Crover ('92) so it must be a repressing.
Anyone heard of this before, some in-joke i've missed out on perhaps??!
I know who you are.
I was there at that secret chiefs 3 show in vancouver. you were at the merch table talking to trey spruance and asking him about it, I was all ears when you mention D Crover.
sounds fishy.
like maybe someone is screwing with your head.
No, no. This happens on the rare occasion.
I bought a Talking Heads CD and it was programmed
with Sinatra - Ol' Blue Eyes sings The Broadway Hits.
Oddly enough, I grew to like Sinatra because of the mis-pressing.
I've heard of this happen on occasion. I came across a Slayer vinyl on ebay that was really something else, which now escapes me.
Quote from: anaconda on October 09, 2009, 02:30:31 PM
No, no. This happens on the rare occasion.
I bought a Talking Heads CD and it was programmed
with Sinatra - Ol' Blue Eyes sings The Broadway Hits.
Oddly enough, I grew to like Sinatra because of the mis-pressing.
hey now, sinatra is a badass!