themelvins.net bbs

MELVINS => Melvins Discussion => Topic started by: Juan on November 23, 2009, 11:40:16 AM

Title: Melvins John Peel Sessions Vinyl For Sale On Ebay!
Post by: Juan on November 23, 2009, 11:40:16 AM
Just spotted this now........

http://cgi.ebay.com/Melvins-Tanx-7-John-Peel-Sessions_W0QQitemZ250534561145QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMusic_on_Vinyl?hash=item3a55060579
Title: Re: Melvins John Peel Sessions Vinyl For Sale On Ebay!
Post by: norecess on November 23, 2009, 11:43:30 AM
that's a cool one. it contains 4 songs though, unlike the seller's description. way of the world is also on it. euthanasia is a kickass song.
Title: Re: Melvins John Peel Sessions Vinyl For Sale On Ebay!
Post by: moderndayviking on November 23, 2009, 02:00:37 PM
So I have this 7 inch but it has a blue cover and only has 3 songs on it, Way of the World is not on the 7 inch.  Do I own a bootleg copy of this?
Title: Re: Melvins John Peel Sessions Vinyl For Sale On Ebay!
Post by: norecess on November 23, 2009, 02:10:05 PM
http://www.themelvins.net/wiki/index.php?title=Tanx/Tanks

i guess i was wrong. they did play way of the world left but it was left of this bootleg. you can hear it on mp3 versions that are floating around the internet.
Title: Re: Melvins John Peel Sessions Vinyl For Sale On Ebay!
Post by: Juan on November 23, 2009, 05:26:49 PM
Quote from: moderndayviking on November 23, 2009, 02:00:37 PM
So I have this 7 inch but it has a blue cover and only has 3 songs on it, Way of the World is not on the 7 inch.  Do I own a bootleg copy of this?

Send it to me and i'll confirm whether or not it's a bootleg and send it straight back.
Title: Re: Melvins John Peel Sessions Vinyl For Sale On Ebay!
Post by: moderndayviking on November 24, 2009, 08:38:02 AM
Quote from: GrandEmo Juan on November 23, 2009, 05:26:49 PM
Quote from: moderndayviking on November 23, 2009, 02:00:37 PM
So I have this 7 inch but it has a blue cover and only has 3 songs on it, Way of the World is not on the 7 inch.  Do I own a bootleg copy of this?

Send it to me and i'll confirm whether or not it's a bootleg and send it straight back.

I'll do that today.  Watch the mail very closely everyday........
Title: Re: Melvins John Peel Sessions Vinyl For Sale On Ebay!
Post by: Juan on November 24, 2009, 09:50:02 AM
Good one!

I've pm'ed you my name and address.
Title: Re: Melvins John Peel Sessions Vinyl For Sale On Ebay!
Post by: moderndayviking on November 24, 2009, 01:45:15 PM
It looks like the blue cover is just a different pressing from the same label.

http://www.themelvins.net/wiki/index.php?title=Tanx/Tanks

Sorry Juan, but I don't need your info anymore.  If I have more questions you will be the first I ask.
Title: Re: Melvins John Peel Sessions Vinyl For Sale On Ebay!
Post by: the ether bunny on November 24, 2009, 03:17:21 PM
this inspired me to wikipedia the list of existing peel sessions. the list is enormous, and incredible.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Peel_sessions
Title: Re: Melvins John Peel Sessions Vinyl For Sale On Ebay!
Post by: Juan on November 24, 2009, 05:58:41 PM
John Peel ruled.

I envy the amount of records his kids were left in his will!
Title: Re: Melvins John Peel Sessions Vinyl For Sale On Ebay!
Post by: >>>JZS<<< on November 28, 2009, 08:12:43 AM
Quote from: moderndayviking on November 23, 2009, 02:00:37 PM
So I have this 7 inch but it has a blue cover and only has 3 songs on it, Way of the World is not on the 7 inch.  Do I own a bootleg copy of this?

The Tanx 7'' is a bootleg.The blue cover is the 2nd pressing,but the record is exactly the same as the red-orange covered version.
Title: Re: Melvins John Peel Sessions Vinyl For Sale On Ebay!
Post by: Juan on November 28, 2009, 09:53:23 AM
Quote from: >>>JZS<<< on November 28, 2009, 08:12:43 AM
Quote from: moderndayviking on November 23, 2009, 02:00:37 PM
So I have this 7 inch but it has a blue cover and only has 3 songs on it, Way of the World is not on the 7 inch.  Do I own a bootleg copy of this?

The Tanx 7'' is a bootleg.The blue cover is the 2nd pressing,but the record is exactly the same as the red-orange covered version.

Jesus christ you're a Melvins nerd.

Totally Melvins gay.
Title: Re: Melvins John Peel Sessions Vinyl For Sale On Ebay!
Post by: >>>JZS<<< on November 28, 2009, 03:57:52 PM
Quote from: GrandEmo Juan on November 28, 2009, 09:53:23 AM
Quote from: >>>JZS<<< on November 28, 2009, 08:12:43 AM
Quote from: moderndayviking on November 23, 2009, 02:00:37 PM
So I have this 7 inch but it has a blue cover and only has 3 songs on it, Way of the World is not on the 7 inch.  Do I own a bootleg copy of this?

The Tanx 7'' is a bootleg.The blue cover is the 2nd pressing,but the record is exactly the same as the red-orange covered version.

Jesus christ you're a Melvins nerd.

Totally Melvins gay.

At least I know what the fuck I'm talking about.
Title: Re: Melvins John Peel Sessions Vinyl For Sale On Ebay!
Post by: ManWithNoName on November 28, 2009, 04:05:50 PM
JZS doesn't need a backing tape to state Melvins facts.  :lol:
Title: Re: Melvins John Peel Sessions Vinyl For Sale On Ebay!
Post by: Juan on November 29, 2009, 05:36:48 AM
Quote from: ManWithNoName on November 28, 2009, 04:05:50 PM
JZS doesn't need a backing tape to state Melvins facts.  :lol:


Shut up King Kong Bundy.
Title: Re: Melvins John Peel Sessions Vinyl For Sale On Ebay!
Post by: >>>JZS<<< on November 29, 2009, 11:27:41 AM
Quote from: GrandEmo Juan on November 29, 2009, 05:36:48 AM
Quote from: ManWithNoName on November 28, 2009, 04:05:50 PM
JZS doesn't need a backing tape to state Melvins facts.  :lol:


Shut up King Kong Bundy.

:lol:
Title: Re: Melvins John Peel Sessions Vinyl For Sale On Ebay!
Post by: Juan on November 29, 2009, 12:26:24 PM
I fuckin nailed him with that one.
Title: Re: Melvins John Peel Sessions Vinyl For Sale On Ebay!
Post by: >>>JZS<<< on November 29, 2009, 06:07:15 PM
Quote from: GrandEmo Juan on November 29, 2009, 12:26:24 PM
I fuckin nailed him with that one.

I was laughing at you.  :lol:
Title: Re: Melvins John Peel Sessions Vinyl For Sale On Ebay!
Post by: Juan on November 30, 2009, 04:07:50 AM
Quote from: >>>JZS<<< on November 29, 2009, 06:07:15 PM
Quote from: GrandEmo Juan on November 29, 2009, 12:26:24 PM
I fuckin nailed him with that one.

I was laughing at you.  :lol:


I wasn't talking to you Lanny Poffo.
Title: Re: Melvins John Peel Sessions Vinyl For Sale On Ebay!
Post by: >>>JZS<<< on November 30, 2009, 08:21:43 AM
Quote from: GrandEmo Juan on November 30, 2009, 04:07:50 AM
Quote from: >>>JZS<<< on November 29, 2009, 06:07:15 PM
Quote from: GrandEmo Juan on November 29, 2009, 12:26:24 PM
I fuckin nailed him with that one.

I was laughing at you.  :lol:


I wasn't talking to you Lanny Poffo.

I'm still laughing at you.
Title: Re: Melvins John Peel Sessions Vinyl For Sale On Ebay!
Post by: Juan on November 30, 2009, 09:49:24 AM
Quote from: >>>JZS<<< on November 30, 2009, 08:21:43 AM
I'm still laughing at you.


To be honest I can't blame you..........I fucking nailed you with that Lanny Poffo one.