themelvins.net bbs

MELVINS => Melvins Discussion => Topic started by: dead mike on December 10, 2009, 02:49:28 PM

Title: So we're in agreement, then?
Post by: dead mike on December 10, 2009, 02:49:28 PM
The Fantomas/Melvins Big Band Millennium Monster Works album is the worst album Buzz and Dale have ever released.

Excellent. I'm glad we got that settled.
Title: Re: So we're in agreement, then?
Post by: moderndayviking on December 10, 2009, 03:10:00 PM
Wrong.  Chicken Switch.
Title: Re: So we're in agreement, then?
Post by: Juan on December 10, 2009, 03:19:11 PM
Quote from: dead mike on December 10, 2009, 02:49:28 PM
The Fantomas/Melvins Big Band Millennium Monster Works album is the worst album Buzz and Dale have ever released.

Excellent. I'm glad we got that settled.

Agreed.

Mike Patton is doo doo and not even Melvins can help that.

Chicken Switch was only just better by a length and a half.
Title: Re: So we're in agreement, then?
Post by: dead mike on December 10, 2009, 03:32:17 PM
Quote from: GrandEmo Juan on December 10, 2009, 03:19:11 PM
Quote from: dead mike on December 10, 2009, 02:49:28 PM
The Fantomas/Melvins Big Band Millennium Monster Works album is the worst album Buzz and Dale have ever released.

Excellent. I'm glad we got that settled.

Agreed.

Mike Patton is doo doo and not even Melvins can help that.

Chicken Switch was only just better by a length and a half.
I was thinking more of the general half-assedness of the sound quality, the set list and the performance itself.
Title: Re: So we're in agreement, then?
Post by: Like Stee on December 10, 2009, 06:56:33 PM
I like Patton, but hearing him crap all over Melvins songs just bums me out.  The DVD is miles better than Millenium Monsterwork, but all the little animations and effects are fucking annoying.
Title: Re: So we're in agreement, then?
Post by: CaptainPungent on December 10, 2009, 07:15:47 PM
did melvins cheat on you?
Title: Re: So we're in agreement, then?
Post by: cara on December 10, 2009, 07:42:59 PM
I like Mike Patton. I like the Melvins. Hell, I like Fantomas.

But still, yeah, I agree....  That album is bad.
Title: Re: So we're in agreement, then?
Post by: dwr budr on December 10, 2009, 08:46:39 PM
gotta dig the artwork though...
Title: Re: So we're in agreement, then?
Post by: GrimReaper on December 10, 2009, 11:24:28 PM
Millenium Monsterwork is a documentation of the Melvins entering the new Millinium.

Slim's SF Dec 31, 2000.

It is what it is.

If this was up on Dime you would be all over it.

If they picked out the best show it would have to be called something else:

October 20th, 1999 Monsterwork for instance.

Title: Re: So we're in agreement, then?
Post by: Juan on December 11, 2009, 05:28:02 AM
Quote from: GrimReaper on December 10, 2009, 11:24:28 PM
Millenium Monsterwork is a documentation of the Melvins entering the new Millinium.

Slim's SF Dec 31, 2000.

It is what it is.


It is what it is indeed.......DOO DOO!
Title: Re: So we're in agreement, then?
Post by: black stallion on December 11, 2009, 05:34:07 AM
Quote from: dead mike on December 10, 2009, 02:49:28 PM
The Fantomas/Melvins Big Band Millennium Monster Works album is the worst album Buzz and Dale have ever released.
i agree on this
Title: Re: So we're in agreement, then?
Post by: moderndayviking on December 16, 2009, 08:57:04 PM
I still say Chicken Switch.  Live albums always are a bit lackluster in sound. Chicken Switch is lackluster in songs.
Title: Re: So we're in agreement, then?
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on December 17, 2009, 12:15:59 AM
Quote from: black stallion on December 11, 2009, 05:34:07 AM
Quote from: dead mike on December 10, 2009, 02:49:28 PM
The Fantomas/Melvins Big Band Millennium Monster Works album is the worst album Buzz and Dale have ever released.
i agree on this
You can't consider it a melvins album.
Title: Re: So we're in agreement, then?
Post by: Juan on December 17, 2009, 04:55:19 AM
Quote from: moderndayviking on December 16, 2009, 08:57:04 PM
I still say Chicken Switch.  Live albums always are a bit lackluster in sound.


Not Ministry's "In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up" or "SphincTour".  :cheers:


That Fantomas Big Band cd is a case of too many cooks AND one too many Patton's in the kitchen.

Regardless I have been tempted to pick up the Fantomas/Melvins DVD though due to my wanting a new Melvins live DVD for god knows how many years now.

I hope Ipecac releases a new Melvins live DVD at some stage in the near future.
Title: Re: So we're in agreement, then?
Post by: linoleum blownapart on December 18, 2009, 12:15:03 PM
just rent the dvd from netflixs.  that was good enough for me.

and copy it if you are so inclined or like it.  if you don't like itor only want to watch it once, then you are good.

and back on topic, yes patton ruins the melvins songs with his chuping. if he would just sing along normal style then i would not be a big deal.
Title: Re: So we're in agreement, then?
Post by: ConJuan on December 26, 2009, 10:54:54 AM
Quote from: GrandEmo Juan on December 17, 2009, 04:55:19 AM

Not Ministry's "In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up" or "SphincTour".  :cheers:
I agree those albums piss on any Melvins live release.  Colossus of Destiny is the worst thing they ever released though.
Title: Re: So we're in agreement, then?
Post by: >>>JZS<<< on December 26, 2009, 01:38:08 PM
Quote from: ConJuan on December 26, 2009, 10:54:54 AM
Quote from: GrandEmo Juan on December 17, 2009, 04:55:19 AM

Not Ministry's "In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up" or "SphincTour".  :cheers:
I agree those albums piss on any Melvins live release.  Colossus of Destiny is the worst thing they ever released though.

Oh..I didn't know both of you were mentally challenged.
Title: Re: So we're in agreement, then?
Post by: PrickHonky on December 26, 2009, 04:27:42 PM
not a big fan of Millenium Monsterwork either, but I LOVE the live dvd however. I agree, it would be nice if Patton would either shut the fuck up completely or sing normal on the Melvins stuff. I like his squeaks and squaks for Fantomas, but it is totally out of place on Melvins stuff.
Title: Re: So we're in agreement, then?
Post by: grays harbor mafia on December 27, 2009, 11:18:23 AM
Quote from: ConJuan on December 26, 2009, 10:54:54 AM
Quote from: GrandEmo Juan on December 17, 2009, 04:55:19 AM

Not Ministry's "In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up" or "SphincTour".  :cheers:
I agree those albums piss on any Melvins live release.  Colossus of Destiny is the worst thing they ever released though.
ill put houdini live up against those turds anyday..
Title: Re: So we're in agreement, then?
Post by: jonE5 on December 27, 2009, 11:53:50 AM
Houdini Live is one of the better live albums I've heard. The sound quality is excellent, I have used that album to create new Melvins fans. Once they realize it's a trio they are listening to their mind gets quickly blown. Don't get me wrong "In case you didn't feel like showing up" is a great live album I really enjoyed it when I was 16.