Did the Melvins ever play a song from their solo EPs live? Especially the stuff from Dale's EP would be absoutely amazing to hear IMO. Also, "Annum" or "Isabella" from Buzzo's EP. Joe's songs are nothing which could be played live well I suppose, and I don't think they'd want to play it anyways ;)
I've wondered this too?
The songs on Buzzo & Dale's EP's are awesome.....Joe's suck.
Joe played Bricklebrit live with Thrones.
From the Boner catalog:
BR34 MELVINS: JOE PRESTON The Melvins' electronic bass master (ex-Earth) has fallen and he can't get up. Pure pop for dead people.
Quote from: GrandEmo Juan on December 11, 2009, 05:23:40 AM
I've wondered this too?
The songs on Buzzo & Dale's EP's are awesome.....Joe's suck.
i beg to differ.
Joe's stuff is strong.
Joe's is better than Buzzo's, but Dale's is genuinely moving.
NEVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRR gonna hear it live.
Quote from: >>>JZS<<< on December 12, 2009, 11:10:56 AM
NEVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRR gonna hear it live.
but did you ever expect the 1983 songs to be played in their entirety?
Quote from: Uncle Fester on December 12, 2009, 01:32:43 PM
Quote from: >>>JZS<<< on December 12, 2009, 11:10:56 AM
NEVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRR gonna hear it live.
but did you ever expect the 1983 songs to be played in their entirety?
NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
They're all smoking ... Buzz slams Joe's ... fuck that Joe's is excellent ... burn 'em all on a disc together and listen on shuffle ... good stuff! As for playing that stuff live ... Never heard 'em do anything off Buzz or Joe ... Thou on the "An Evening With The Melvins" tour (a tour of 3 sets in 1996) Dale grabbed the gold top, hit the mic and did a few of these ... it was excellent ... saw that show at the Oprea House in Toronto ... there is boots from that tour floatin' around ...
I can't recall which show because there have been too many to be specific like that, but for some reason I want to say that I have seen them play Isabella from the Buzz CD. If there are any of you "in with the band" types that can verify that I would like it.
TOOL used 'porg' as intermission music on a few shows from the 2001/2002 tour. I know it doesn't REALLY count.....but it's still cool.
Quote from: moderndayviking on December 12, 2009, 08:36:40 PMIf there are any of you "in with the band" types that can verify that I would like it.
I've been told the answer is "no".
Must be the drugs......
Quote from: Justafilthylurker on December 12, 2009, 09:27:11 AM
Joe's is better than Buzzo's, but Dale's is genuinely moving.
QFT
Bricklebrit is an awesome proto-Thrones song.
Quoted For Truth.