themelvins.net bbs

MELVINS => Melvins Discussion => Topic started by: Jaron on May 14, 2010, 08:47:42 PM

Title: Let Me Roll It
Post by: Jaron on May 14, 2010, 08:47:42 PM
Ok, who has a good quality recording I can listen to? I know there's gotta be someone.
Title: Re: Let Me Roll It
Post by: Idlehanz on May 14, 2010, 08:54:19 PM

If you only want to listen to it, I guess you can close your eyes :)


Melvins cover "Let Me Roll It" by Wings Boston Ma 5-16-09 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxR2tn18N_Q#)
Title: Re: Let Me Roll It
Post by: Jaron on May 14, 2010, 09:27:43 PM
Yep.
Title: Re: Let Me Roll It
Post by: nothintothenotice on May 14, 2010, 09:58:41 PM
the one from may 22 or 23 showbox shows in seattle are really good.
Title: Re: Let Me Roll It
Post by: Jaron on May 15, 2010, 10:23:15 AM
Show me where?
Title: Re: Let Me Roll It
Post by: Mad Arab on May 15, 2010, 12:58:44 PM
Me too. I think it's one of their best covers.
Title: Re: Let Me Roll It
Post by: nothintothenotice on May 15, 2010, 02:52:42 PM
its on dime still i think. or maybe demoniod
Title: Re: Let Me Roll It
Post by: Jaron on May 16, 2010, 11:12:50 AM
I only have waffles I don't have either of those two.
Title: Re: Let Me Roll It
Post by: jonE5 on May 16, 2010, 11:41:24 AM
God damn... That is sooo effn good.
Title: Re: Let Me Roll It
Post by: Jaron on May 16, 2010, 12:46:46 PM
Indeed, it'd be nice to carry it around and listen to it at my free will.
Title: Re: Let Me Roll It
Post by: anaconda on May 16, 2010, 01:27:06 PM
I ripped an .mp3 from the audio of the video:

<a href=http://thesickos.free.fr/Let_Me_Roll_It.mp3>Melvins - Let Me Roll It</a>
Title: Re: Let Me Roll It
Post by: MrLuck87 on May 16, 2010, 01:28:46 PM
Quote from: anaconda on May 16, 2010, 01:27:06 PM
I ripped an .mp3 from the audio of the video:

<a href=http://thesickos.free.fr/Let_Me_Roll_It.mp3>Melvins - Let Me Roll It</a>

Thank you sir.
Title: Re: Let Me Roll It
Post by: Kolonel Kurtz Kobain on May 19, 2010, 11:07:56 AM
To which Lennon song was "Let Me Roll It" a response?
Title: Re: Let Me Roll It
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on May 19, 2010, 11:16:07 AM
John Lennon-How do you Sleep (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GK7CLXHSr1M#)
Title: Re: Let Me Roll It
Post by: Kolonel Kurtz Kobain on May 19, 2010, 01:37:20 PM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on May 19, 2010, 11:16:07 AM
John Lennon-How do you Sleep (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GK7CLXHSr1M#)

Hence the echo vocals and Lennon POB-esque riff.
Title: Re: Let Me Roll It
Post by: gesundheit on May 21, 2010, 04:59:18 AM
Very interesting..

How Do You Sleep? is easily my favorite Lennon solo song.
Title: Re: Let Me Roll It
Post by: pinkyslim on May 21, 2010, 03:31:21 PM
"I put it in the palm of your hand.."

"let me roll it".

 Paul.

 I always thought it was about weed.  :oops:
Title: Re: Let Me Roll It
Post by: Kolonel Kurtz Kobain on May 21, 2010, 05:54:39 PM
Quote from: pinkyslim on May 21, 2010, 03:31:21 PM
"I put it in the palm of your hand.."

"let me roll it".

 Paul.

 I always thought it was about weed.  :oops:

All his songs after late-August '64 are about weed. It was fun and games until those Bataan Death March-ists jailed him. I'd like to have been at that staff meeting....You arrested PAUL MC CARTNEY....FOR POT ?! YOU HAVE DISHONORED THIS AGENCY, YOUR FAMILY, JAPAN!    HARA-KIRI, YOU FUCKTARD, HARA-KIRI !!!!!!!
Title: Re: Let Me Roll It
Post by: pinkyslim on May 21, 2010, 05:59:32 PM
[quote author=
Title: Re: Let Me Roll It
Post by: ManWithNoName on May 22, 2010, 10:17:52 AM
god this cover is awesome. It's all DALE!
Title: Re: Let Me Roll It
Post by: Mad Arab on May 29, 2010, 12:49:22 PM
I do like it when Buzz comes in to bellow LET ME ROLL IT. But yeah, its a Dale highlight.
Title: Re: Let Me Roll It
Post by: norecess on May 29, 2010, 02:55:03 PM
Quote from: Jared Preston Esquire on May 29, 2010, 12:49:22 PM
I do like it when Buzz comes in to bellow LET ME ROLL IT.

yeah, reminds me a little of the part in black bock when dale is taking over vocals, his singing is like the wind on that song -- goosebumps every time.
Title: Re: Let Me Roll It
Post by: (the) Razor on May 29, 2010, 08:24:14 PM
Lyrics in that song get me everytime.  

"I cut the throat of the billygoat and let it bleed"....."just keep the dog away from me"  :lol:

While we're way off topic was that Mark singing or Buzz for the first part?
Title: Re: Let Me Roll It
Post by: norecess on May 30, 2010, 04:46:14 AM
Quote from: Razor on May 29, 2010, 08:24:14 PM
While we're way off topic was that Mark singing or Buzz for the first part?

pretty sure that's buzz.
Title: Re: Let Me Roll It
Post by: Justafilthylurker on May 30, 2010, 09:27:22 AM
Buzz doesn't like using his "pretty" voice live for some reason. Probably gotta keep his rep high amongst the L.A drug dealers or some shit.