themelvins.net bbs

MELVINS => Melvins Show Reviews => Topic started by: greenguy on June 02, 2010, 10:03:58 AM

Title: Tempe, Az. June 2. 2010
Post by: greenguy on June 02, 2010, 10:03:58 AM
Holy Hell! It was BRUTAL! HEAVY! Second set was better IMHO that the first (except Revolve which was a throw away) but FUCK! My ears are ringing, and Im worn out. Ill see what pics from my camera phone are worth a shit, and some video. I have to get up in 4 hrs to go to work for a 12 hr shift! Im tired!
BTW: the drum solo at the end of 'Lovely Butterflies" Worth the entire show. HEAVY!!!
Title: Re: Tempe, Az. June 2. 2010
Post by: Kif on June 02, 2010, 05:26:04 PM
Take pictures of the merch booth.
Title: Re: Tempe, Az. June 2. 2010
Post by: M i C H e L L e on June 02, 2010, 08:17:13 PM
ok
Title: Re: Tempe, Az. June 2. 2010
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on June 02, 2010, 08:43:38 PM
Keep an eye out for the drumsticks!
Title: Re: Tempe, Az. June 2. 2010
Post by: M i C H e L L e on June 02, 2010, 10:51:19 PM
From where I'm sitting at the bar, I can see at least two cameras set up at the sound booth. The drumsticks are not for sale, but they have a nice drumhead that Meg told me to make an offer on, and the boxset is purrty.
Title: Re: Tempe, Az. June 2. 2010
Post by: Idlehanz on June 02, 2010, 10:56:45 PM
Quote from: 5w33t 1ntu1t10n on June 02, 2010, 10:51:19 PM
From where I'm sitting at the bar, I can see at least two cameras set up at the sound booth. The drumsticks are not for sale, but they have a nice drumhead that Meg told me to make an offer on, and the boxset s purrty.
Make an offer, make an offer!
Title: Re: Tempe, Az. June 2. 2010
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on June 02, 2010, 11:07:30 PM
Quote from: Idlehanz on June 02, 2010, 10:56:45 PM
Quote from: 5w33t 1ntu1t10n on June 02, 2010, 10:51:19 PM
From where I'm sitting at the bar, I can see at least two cameras set up at the sound booth. The drumsticks are not for sale, but they have a nice drumhead that Meg told me to make an offer on, and the boxset s purrty.
Make an offer, make an offer!
Yes!
Title: Re: Tempe, Az. June 2. 2010
Post by: >>>JZS<<< on June 02, 2010, 11:35:30 PM
 :)
Title: Re: Tempe, Az. June 2. 2010
Post by: Kif on June 03, 2010, 02:37:33 AM
Post those merch pictures please!
Title: Re: Tempe, Az. June 2. 2010
Post by: greenguy on June 03, 2010, 02:39:00 AM
Updated first post! :shock:
Title: Re: Tempe, Az. June 2. 2010
Post by: M i C H e L L e on June 03, 2010, 04:05:56 AM
Incredible show!  Definitely the heaviest I've seen them play yet.  Two sets really does 'em justice, I was left wanting more, but I was still satified beyond belief.  I have a new found appreciation for The Water Glass, witnessing it live is the only way to really hear it.  I think Skin Horse was my favorite moment tonight.  Greenguy and I talked to a chap that was filming the show, said he was going to have it online at www.killingtimeproductions.com (http://www.killingtimeproductions.com).  The merch was going like hotcakes, they had good deals on vinyl (ASA - $20), and belt buckles were $10, got me one, along with the Octopus shirt and two posters (Glen, are you still interested in a trade???) 
Here's a couple of pics I took . . .

(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/littlebit420/DSCN1080.jpg)
(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/littlebit420/DSCN1082.jpg)
Title: Re: Tempe, Az. June 2. 2010
Post by: (the) Razor on June 03, 2010, 05:26:35 AM
Threads like this sometimes I wish I was living in America, nice reviews.

QuoteKilling Time Productions provides professional audio and video production services

So they weren't just using handhelds?  :shock:
Title: Re: Tempe, Az. June 2. 2010
Post by: norecess on June 03, 2010, 05:30:13 AM
Quote from: Razor on June 03, 2010, 05:26:35 AM
So they weren't just using handhelds?  :shock:

my favorite bootleg video have always been the handheld ones, close to the stage and a bit shocking for free earthquake effects.
Title: Re: Tempe, Az. June 2. 2010
Post by: BAD RONALD SEA on June 03, 2010, 05:36:12 AM
daddy i want a melvins box set i want a box set now
Title: Re: Tempe, Az. June 2. 2010
Post by: GrimReaper on June 03, 2010, 05:40:25 AM

You drinking in the morning?
Title: Re: Tempe, Az. June 2. 2010
Post by: (the) Razor on June 03, 2010, 05:58:18 AM
Quote from: norecess on June 03, 2010, 05:30:13 AM
Quote from: Razor on June 03, 2010, 05:26:35 AM
So they weren't just using handhelds?  :shock:

my favorite bootleg video have always been the handheld ones, close to the stage and a bit shocking for free earthquake effects.

true, but nothing beats a great sounding bootleg.
Title: Re: Tempe, Az. June 2. 2010
Post by: norecess on June 03, 2010, 06:01:30 AM
Quote from: Razor on June 03, 2010, 05:58:18 AM
Quote from: norecess on June 03, 2010, 05:30:13 AM
Quote from: Razor on June 03, 2010, 05:26:35 AM
So they weren't just using handhelds?  :shock:

my favorite bootleg video have always been the handheld ones, close to the stage and a bit shocking for free earthquake effects.

true, but nothing beats a great sounding bootleg.

well, as long as it doesn't suck, that'smore important. i find it's more about imagination, really. i have one from '89 with lorax that's not great at all, but within 5 minutes you get sucked into the video and you don't even notice the lack of great sound etc.

p.s. for great sound you can always put on the cd ;)
Title: Re: Tempe, Az. June 2. 2010
Post by: Kif on June 03, 2010, 06:30:52 AM
Thanks for the pictures! I'd also be interested in seeing a close up of the shirt you bought when you get the time. Thanks in advance.
Title: Tempe June 2 Setlist
Post by: volkswag63 on June 03, 2010, 11:45:41 AM
Anyone have the setlist for this show?
Title: Re: Tempe, Az. June 2. 2010
Post by: M i C H e L L e on June 03, 2010, 02:47:03 PM
Quote from: Kif on June 03, 2010, 06:30:52 AM
Thanks for the pictures! I'd also be interested in seeing a close up of the shirt you bought when you get the time. Thanks in advance.

(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/littlebit420/DSCN1094.jpg)
Title: Re: Tempe, Az. June 2. 2010
Post by: M i C H e L L e on June 03, 2010, 02:50:26 PM
Quote from: Razor on June 03, 2010, 05:58:18 AM
Quote from: norecess on June 03, 2010, 05:30:13 AM
Quote from: Razor on June 03, 2010, 05:26:35 AM
So they weren't just using handhelds?  :shock:

my favorite bootleg video have always been the handheld ones, close to the stage and a bit shocking for free earthquake effects.

true, but nothing beats a great sounding bootleg.

I know there were two pro cameras filming the show, and I saw another guy with a handheld filming from the back too.  Either way, I'm sure we're in for a treat!  8)
Title: Re: Tempe, Az. June 2. 2010
Post by: glen on June 03, 2010, 03:26:05 PM
hhhmmm.... to buy another MELVINS shirt, or NOT to buy another MELVINS shirt...

?????
Title: Re: Tempe, Az. June 2. 2010
Post by: pinkyslim on June 03, 2010, 03:37:53 PM
Quote from: glen on June 03, 2010, 03:26:05 PM
hhhmmm.... to buy another MELVINS shirt, or NOT to buy another MELVINS shirt...

?????

buy more than one and suppport the band man. 8)

"OVER THE LINE... Im sorry Smokie you were over the line thats a foul."
Title: Re: Tempe, Az. June 2. 2010
Post by: LebRon Maiden on June 03, 2010, 04:04:07 PM
How much were the shirts?
Are they American Apparel?

Quote from: 5w33t 1ntu1t10n on June 03, 2010, 04:05:56 AM
Incredible show!  Definitely the heaviest I've seen them play yet.  Two sets really does 'em justice, I was left wanting more, but I was still satified beyond belief.  I have a new found appreciation for The Water Glass, witnessing it live is the only way to really hear it.  I think Skin Horse was my favorite moment tonight.  Greenguy and I talked to a chap that was filming the show, said he was going to have it online at www.killingtimeproductions.com (http://www.killingtimeproductions.com).  The merch was going like hotcakes, they had good deals on vinyl (ASA - $20), and belt buckles were $10, got me one, along with the Octopus shirt and two posters (Glen, are you still interested in a trade???) 
Here's a couple of pics I took . . .

(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/littlebit420/DSCN1080.jpg)
(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/littlebit420/DSCN1082.jpg)
Title: Re: Tempe, Az. June 2. 2010
Post by: rictus on June 03, 2010, 04:12:21 PM
Quote from: 5w33t 1ntu1t10n on June 03, 2010, 02:47:03 PM
Quote from: Kif on June 03, 2010, 06:30:52 AM
Thanks for the pictures! I'd also be interested in seeing a close up of the shirt you bought when you get the time. Thanks in advance.

(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/littlebit420/DSCN1094.jpg)

Want that shirt. Anybody wanna buy that shirt for me?
Title: Re: Tempe, Az. June 2. 2010
Post by: Kif on June 03, 2010, 04:49:34 PM
Thanks for the extra shirt picture. What did the belt buckle look like?
Title: Re: Tempe, Az. June 2. 2010
Post by: M i C H e L L e on June 03, 2010, 05:29:58 PM
Quote from: LebRon Maiden on June 03, 2010, 04:04:07 PM
How much were the shirts?
Are they American Apparel?


Shirts were $20, and the gray one is American Apparel, not sure about the other shirts. 

For Kif:
http://www.themelvins.net/wiki/index.php?title=Image:Asenileanimalvinyl-10.JPG (http://www.themelvins.net/wiki/index.php?title=Image:Asenileanimalvinyl-10.JPG)
Title: Re: Tempe, Az. June 2. 2010
Post by: glen on June 03, 2010, 05:50:25 PM
Quote from: pinkyslim on June 03, 2010, 03:37:53 PM
Quote from: glen on June 03, 2010, 03:26:05 PM
hhhmmm.... to buy another MELVINS shirt, or NOT to buy another MELVINS shirt...

?????

buy more than one and suppport the band man. 8)



pinky...  sugar...  do you have any idea how much money I throw at these guys?  how many shirts I own?

either way.. I'm buying one.  I can't not.
Title: Re: Tempe, Az. June 2. 2010
Post by: pinkyslim on June 03, 2010, 07:09:26 PM
Quote from: glen on June 03, 2010, 05:50:25 PM
Quote from: pinkyslim on June 03, 2010, 03:37:53 PM
Quote from: glen on June 03, 2010, 03:26:05 PM
hhhmmm.... to buy another MELVINS shirt, or NOT to buy another MELVINS shirt...

?????

buy more than one and suppport the band man. 8)





pinky...  sugar...  do you have any idea how much money I throw at these guys?  how many shirts I own?

either way.. I'm buying one.  I can't not.

just yankin' your chain dude. 8)


""Now that is just ridiculous, Dude. Nobody is going to cut your dick off. Not if I have anything to say about it."
Title: Re: Tempe, Az. June 2. 2010
Post by: Kolonel Kurtz Kobain on June 03, 2010, 10:33:08 PM
Quote from: 5w33t 1ntu1t10n on June 02, 2010, 10:51:19 PM
From where I'm sitting at the bar, I can see at least two cameras set up at the sound booth. The drumsticks are not for sale, but they have a nice drumhead that Meg told me to make an offer on, and the boxset is purrty.

If I were there I would've given it to you.
Title: Re: Tempe, Az. June 2. 2010
Post by: Idlehanz on June 03, 2010, 10:34:09 PM
Quote from: Kolonel Kurtz Kobain on June 03, 2010, 10:33:08 PM
Quote from: 5w33t 1ntu1t10n on June 02, 2010, 10:51:19 PM


If I were there I would've given it to you.

Guess I'm gonna have to dress up real cute like for Seattle and Eugene :P
Title: Re: Tempe, Az. June 2. 2010
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on June 03, 2010, 10:35:39 PM
 :lol:
I predict DC will reply to that.
Title: Re: Tempe, Az. June 2. 2010
Post by: M i C H e L L e on June 03, 2010, 10:43:10 PM
Quote from: Kolonel Kurtz Kobain on June 03, 2010, 10:33:08 PM
Quote from: 5w33t 1ntu1t10n on June 02, 2010, 10:51:19 PM
From where I'm sitting at the bar, I can see at least two cameras set up at the sound booth. The drumsticks are not for sale, but they have a nice drumhead that Meg told me to make an offer on, and the boxset is purrty.

If I were there I would've given it to you.

:love:
Title: Re: Tempe, Az. June 2. 2010
Post by: Kif on June 04, 2010, 03:17:42 AM
Quote from: 5w33t 1ntu1t10n on June 03, 2010, 05:29:58 PM
For Kif:
http://www.themelvins.net/wiki/index.php?title=Image:Asenileanimalvinyl-10.JPG (http://www.themelvins.net/wiki/index.php?title=Image:Asenileanimalvinyl-10.JPG)

That is rad! Damn them for not bringing their headlining tours to Florida anymore.
Title: Re: Tempe, Az. June 2. 2010
Post by: Gladmarr on June 10, 2010, 09:09:44 AM
What did you all think of the opener that night, Totimoshi?

I thought they were rad live, their guitarist sounded a little like Mike Morasky of Steel Pole Bathtub. Their all-around sound was pretty rad. Their CD, however, did not do them justice. It was like another (safer) band altogether. 
Title: Re: Tempe, Az. June 2. 2010
Post by: GrimReaper on June 10, 2010, 11:28:39 PM
Quote from: Gladmarr on June 10, 2010, 09:09:44 AM
What did you all think of the opener that night, Totimoshi?

I thought they were rad live, their guitarist sounded a little like Mike Morasky of Steel Pole Bathtub. Their all-around sound was pretty rad. Their CD, however, did not do them justice. It was like another (safer) band altogether. 

I'm a huge Totimoshi fan. Melvins took them on a California Mini Tour years ago and loved them ever since.
Title: Re: Tempe, Az. June 2. 2010
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on June 11, 2010, 12:03:50 AM
Totimoshi is great; they used to play with 400 blows occasionally..very nice as well, would send out merch/shirts/etc..quickly.