themelvins.net bbs

MELVINS => Melvins Show Reviews => Topic started by: ZOMBIE-BUDDHA92 on June 21, 2010, 06:50:51 AM

Title: July 9, 2010 - San Jose, CA - Blank Club
Post by: ZOMBIE-BUDDHA92 on June 21, 2010, 06:50:51 AM
Okay fellow snivlem fans
I know this date is kinda far but I need help
I'm 17, and this is a 21 and up venue.
Honestly I couldn't give two shits about the booze
I really really really really REALLY want to see the melvins
and this is the only possible date I could make it
Have any of you accomplished seeing the melvins underage in a venue like this?
Could I haggle with the venue? get there early, offer the melvins to set up gear and perhaps
pay them my entrance fee?
Maybe have them draw something on my hand to increase their trust that I won't get served alcohol?
This is a violation of my rights, I just wanna see my favorite band.
If I can get in I'll report my review back here in this thread.
I just need some advice.
Title: Re: July 9, 2010 - San Jose, CA - Blank Club
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on June 21, 2010, 08:33:13 AM
Fake I.D.
Title: Re: July 9, 2010 - San Jose, CA - Blank Club
Post by: Manky on June 21, 2010, 10:03:36 AM
I can pretty much assure you, it's not going to happen, venues are really strict because they could face fines,  or even potentially be shut down.  I don't know what the laws are in CA, but in some states you can enter if you are with an adult, but you'd have to check with the club first.

I don't think any amount of bribing or pleading is going to get you past the door, and I would highly doubt the Melvins would put themselves at risk with the promoter/club to try to sneak someone in.

We've all been there at some point, totally feel your pain, but I really don't think you're going to pull it off.
Title: Re: July 9, 2010 - San Jose, CA - Blank Club
Post by: ZOMBIE-BUDDHA92 on June 21, 2010, 06:13:34 PM
@Buttholeman: I'll look into those, thankyou. :-)

@Manky: Thanks for helping me look at this situation more realistically, I wasn't aware of
all that but I'm still pretty determined. 8)
Title: Re: July 9, 2010 - San Jose, CA - Blank Club
Post by: pinkyslim on June 21, 2010, 06:22:01 PM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on June 21, 2010, 08:33:13 AM
Fake I.D.
=D>

"brought it bowling, not renting it shoes." 8)
Title: Re: July 9, 2010 - San Jose, CA - Blank Club
Post by: anaconda on June 21, 2010, 06:47:52 PM
or borrow a legal friend's ID and make yourself look like their pic.
Title: Re: July 9, 2010 - San Jose, CA - Blank Club
Post by: pinkyslim on June 21, 2010, 06:49:30 PM
Quote from: anaconda on June 21, 2010, 06:47:52 PM
or borrow a legal friend's ID and make yourself look like their pic.
and once your in,  sing along to the bands hits!! :lol:

"nothing is fucked here Dude". 8)
Title: Re: July 9, 2010 - San Jose, CA - Blank Club
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on June 21, 2010, 06:54:51 PM
Quote from: anaconda on June 21, 2010, 06:47:52 PM
or borrow a legal friend's ID and make yourself look like their pic.
With the scanners some venues will use, this is the best option.
Title: Re: July 9, 2010 - San Jose, CA - Blank Club
Post by: gesundheit on June 22, 2010, 03:26:01 AM
Quote from: Manky on June 21, 2010, 10:03:36 AMI don't know what the laws are in CA, but in some states you can enter if you are with an adult, but you'd have to check with the club first.

What if...you brought your mom or dad?..Ask the venue! It's worth a shot. Especially if you have an I.D. card or passport or birth certificate and there is proof they are your legal guardian. (disclaimer: probably wont work)

...ask Buzz to sneak you in? To his own show...!
Title: Re: July 9, 2010 - San Jose, CA - Blank Club
Post by: supernaut on July 08, 2010, 06:52:31 PM
Arrrgh -- was waiting on getting paid to buy tix via TicketWeb, now I've got the $$$ and it was disabled when I checked this morning... I need three, can anyone help?

Never been to the Blank Club -- will it sell out, or is it already?
Title: Re: July 9, 2010 - San Jose, CA - Blank Club
Post by: GrimReaper on July 09, 2010, 12:56:53 AM

Buzz let a Mom and her underage son into a show a few years back.  It was a board member. Does anyone else remember that story?
Title: Re: July 9, 2010 - San Jose, CA - Blank Club
Post by: smokey on July 09, 2010, 08:07:48 PM
3 hours and counting. F'n PSYCHED!
Anyone ever been to the blank club?
Can I leave and re-enter, or am I stuck inside?
And can I smoke?
Title: Re: July 9, 2010 - San Jose, CA - Blank Club
Post by: anaconda on July 09, 2010, 09:28:13 PM
no out and in's
Title: Re: July 9, 2010 - San Jose, CA - Blank Club
Post by: smokey on July 09, 2010, 09:55:24 PM
Thanks.
Assuming no tobacco smoking either?
Title: Re: July 9, 2010 - San Jose, CA - Blank Club
Post by: BallsFunky on July 10, 2010, 04:32:18 AM
It's 2:24 A.M. I made it back in one piece from yet another Melvins show experience. I FUCKING LOVE THIS BAAAANNNNDDDDUH!!!

Made a spontaneous decision to catch this one. Didn't have a ticket...doesn't matter, I flash my Melvins Army tattoo to either Buzz or Dale and I'm in.

Killer first set...drums were a bit off here and there for the first couple of songs.

Second set was EPIC!!! The Blank Club's shitty sound system didn't help, regardless, AMAZON was the highlight of my evening.

Lysol (Roman Bird Dog/Hung Bunny whatever) was also really interesting....

Despite almost getting into a heated shoving match with some overly drunk guy... I have to say I was thoroughly pleased.

No box sets (kind of a bummer)... Did get a drumstick, though.

Posters were really good for this show. Great price for em, too...
Title: Re: July 9, 2010 - San Jose, CA - Blank Club
Post by: smokey on July 10, 2010, 01:52:09 PM
Wow!
That was just epic. So worth the 12 hour drive.
I was convinced my earplugs had fallen out during that 2nd set!
Tiny club. Intense show.  Can't wait for October 4!
Title: Re: July 9, 2010 - San Jose, CA - Blank Club
Post by: gesundheit on July 10, 2010, 05:42:57 PM
Needless to say, the show was epic...I didn't have a ticket either due to the show being sold out weeks ago. I was actually pretty nervous about it...so I just got there early. Waited...and I was the second or third guy in. They probably let about a dozen people that were just waiting out front without tickets in. Not sure really...

Only thing else I can say is that I am a lucky Melvins fan for getting to see that set twice. Once in San Diego on the first night of the tour and again on the last night in San Jose. I would see it five more times before it gets old.

I was able to ask Coady and Meg how the tour went and they both said it was awesome.

The poster is awesome and I got a Dale drumstick too! It's even all mangled and sticky from his gloves. Fuckin' sweet!! Will post pictures eventually.

Cheers!
Title: Re: July 9, 2010 - San Jose, CA - Blank Club
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on July 10, 2010, 05:52:11 PM
Were they selling drumsticks?
Title: Re: July 9, 2010 - San Jose, CA - Blank Club
Post by: IrvingtonFoster on July 10, 2010, 05:54:27 PM
haha me and my buddy were the 9th and 10th people in line, and they were only letting in 10 people, got super lucky, yea it was great seeing them in a venue that small, AMAZON was fucking amazing.  and that country song that Jared sang kicked ass.  it was great to hear Revolve again, and of course Hung Bunny/Roman Dog Bird, and the Karp cover.
Title: Re: July 9, 2010 - San Jose, CA - Blank Club
Post by: Smellis on July 10, 2010, 07:34:02 PM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on July 10, 2010, 05:52:11 PM
Were they selling drumsticks?

No the guys from Totimoshi gave em out to a few peeps while they were tearing down
Title: Re: July 9, 2010 - San Jose, CA - Blank Club
Post by: bUTTHOLEmAN on July 10, 2010, 07:36:03 PM
Thanks Smellis
Title: Re: July 9, 2010 - San Jose, CA - Blank Club
Post by: gesundheit on July 10, 2010, 09:26:15 PM
Dale and Coady were tossing them out once they were all done...mine came from the hands of Dale himself.  :lol:
Title: Re: July 9, 2010 - San Jose, CA - Blank Club
Post by: Smellis on July 11, 2010, 02:50:27 AM
yeah sorry I was speaking slightly out of school. that's what I observed in Seattle and Eugene but I know they were not selling them.
Title: Re: July 9, 2010 - San Jose, CA - Blank Club
Post by: ZOMBIE-BUDDHA92 on July 11, 2010, 06:33:56 PM
I'm glad those who went enjoyed the experience, unfortunatley
I didn't even try to make this one.
I'm just gonna go see them in SF in september.
All ages, and the venue is closer....such a fucking relief :-D